probly more of the same honeysuckle

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g1990

Reaction score
ok i've been looking on this forum for a good couple of hours in total i think and i have to say no matter what ppl say it just doesnt help me honeysuckle. even though some ppl seem to be in the EXACT same situation as me, post their problems and get valuable responses back, i dont see my life turning around at all. i'm a 20 y/o guy, i study law @ home, i hate schools (i dont like law either but have to it because i already failed 2 other studies and just have to get this diploma so i can get a job so my parents dont have to take care of me).
i think problems started when i started high school, i got really really insecure and to this day this hasnt changed. also for as long as i can remember i have compared myself to others and always felt i come short in every way possible. this too has never changed. i dont even remember much from high school, simply cuz nothing happened there; i had 1 friend in total, we were both sad nerds with nothing to do but hate on everybody.
i've come to a point in life where i just cant stand being the 0.5% of sad individuals with nothing to show for in life. its like EVERYWHERE i look is ppl being happy and together with friends or loved ones. and quite frankly it has taken its toll on me and i dont understand how things went so goddamn downhill.
i wish i could start my life over again, i've wasted so many years already and i'm only 20. the future holds nothing for me unless by some god-given miracle i 'snap out of it' and finally get to enjoy life and become social.
i've felt this way forever and i just wish i was somebody else. i know ppl can improve but i just dont have a clue where to start, it seems like everything in my life is messed up.

Dont be like that, know matter how messed up you are you should be proud to be you. You only have to look aound to see there are people more messed then ourselves so it keeps you grounded to remember things could always be worse... Also you are right in that no matter how much advice people give you its not gonna help you none. The only way your life will change is if you change your mind. Its astounding how powerful ones mind is and it controlls us in more ways than we think. It's upto you to "Snap out of it".. You have to train your mind to think positively.. Im only 24 and dont have a social life either.. I too have wasted my school years and do truelly wish I could go back and do them again but thats what life is.. It's lessons to be learnt and learnt from What i've learnt is that you have to be your own best friend. Tell yourself the things you need to hear. Talk things over with yourself (no im not a nutter) coz it will help if you do it for long enough. I've messed up so many things in my life and its taken me a couple of years to "snap out of it" after hitting my lowest point and now im starting to learn to laugh at small things and just enjoy life more. Also when u smile (even if you dont really mean it) it releases chemicals in your brain that make you happy so you can kinda trick your brain into being happy. Life is never ending and there will always be ups and downs but I wouldnt be dead for quids. I realised that my family are the most important to me and I send lots of time finding out more about who they and and just hanging out. Your family can be your salvation. well I hope this has helped. Cheers

its like EVERYWHERE i look is ppl being happy and together with friends or loved ones.

Try to avoid generalisations like this, what you see on the surface with strangers is rarely a strong indication of what is going on underneath. The grass isn't always greener on the other side, as they say and there is NEVER any reason to feel jealous or compare yourself to where somebody else is positioned in life. Just make the most of what you've got, as cliche as that sounds once the weight of it fully sinks in you realise that you build your own self worth.

g1990 said:
the future holds nothing for me unless by some god-given miracle i 'snap out of it' and finally get to enjoy life and become social.

I think you WILL fail, because it sounds like you've already given up. And if you've given up, then there's nothing anyone can do for you. Sorry. But miracles of that sort don't just magically happen. It takes effort and willpower.

I hope you adopt a more fighting, lively attitude in the future, for your own sake.

Belzazace said:
well I hope this has helped. Cheers

actually that did help thx a lot. i guess at time like that when i feel i notice they are times when i'm not doing anything, and mostly at night and when i let my mind stray. perhaps if i keep busy and not think too far ahaid the problems may seem a little bit closer, not as unreachable and big and mountain-like..
anyway thx again

I'd say studying law so young is a good start. Honestly, you are really young and you're just beginning. I still have to go to school for what I want to do. Just relax on things. Great things happen when you least expect them. And don't think too far ahead. When people do that, they tend to start to worry about what's going to happen. Just go day by day.

Latest posts

Back