Putting out a fire

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is actually a very specific hobby for those unaware, "fire photography" which I am involved in. In the United States it's pretty common to see a number of photographers at a scene for the specific purpose of documentng history, or the brave efforts of firefighters or the action itself. It's tough to sit down and think about sometimes, the level of tragedy you are witnessing and photographing. Some of the fires I've been to have had horrific outcomes, but I try keep myself emotionally uninvolved and simply try to convey that tragic story through photos. On rare occasions media will use a photo, or a fire department will use them for training purposes or fire prevention literature. Those are the things that bring some satisfaction to it, and the hope that my photo may bring some tiny bit of good out of a bad situation.

misfit4life said:
This is actually a very specific hobby for those unaware, "fire photography" which I am involved in. In the United States it's pretty common to see a number of photographers at a scene for the specific purpose of documentng history, or the brave efforts of firefighters or the action itself. It's tough to sit down and think about sometimes, the level of tragedy you are witnessing and photographing. Some of the fires I've been to have had horrific outcomes, but I try keep myself emotionally uninvolved and simply try to convey that tragic story through photos. On rare occasions media will use a photo, or a fire department will use them for training purposes or fire prevention literature. Those are the things that bring some satisfaction to it, and the hope that my photo may bring some tiny bit of good out of a bad situation.

That was sheer luck I saw them as I was passing by on my bike.
I wouldn't have taken them or posted on here if people would have died or got injured. I think they are great and I never saw similar ones anywhere.

Latest posts

Back