Question

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnaert

Reaction score
Idk if anyone could help me. Its not a mental thing or anything social. Anyway I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out why a lot of times when I go out anywhere & even more so at gigs I end up feeling sick. I go out & in the car I get motion sickness quite easily. When I walk outside & its really windy I feel like throwing up. At gigs its even worse. The lights flashing, the people screaming in my ear & the smells of peoples' perfume & beer makes me feel as if I'll pass out. Idk just wondering if anyone knows anything that could help.

I can relate to you when it comes to motion sickness because I've experienced it all my life, whenever I would take long journeys in the car or on the bus I would often start to feel ill and sometimes on occasions it would result in physically vomiting. I'm the same on fairground-rides except with them it's more of an immediate effect and I can throw up instantly as soon as I'm one, that's why I haven't been on a ride since I was about 10 years old or so.

hmmm I had a friend years ago who had something similar to this, but she was epileptic
don't know if this is your case?

it sounds to me like you get nervous before your gigs, and that in turn is what's making you sick. try and be more confident and mentally prepared for it. one time, i had an important game to play, and i was shaking in my boots because i was so nervous. before leaving the house, i turned on my radio and played "indestructible" by disturbed and turned it up to 11. i used it to get me pumped up for the game. i was throwing punches, kicks, doing push-ups, jumping up and down, throwing crap around, and singing along. by the time the song was over, i was ready to play. hope it helps!

I think she means when she -goes- to gigs, as opposed to playing at them. At least that's my impression of her post.

Epilepsy would almost be my guess, or something to do with your inner ear and sense of balance? Hard to say with such broad symptoms. That and I'm not a doctah.

I get sick when the car is going in curves, I would not recommend to eat before getting in the car, lol. But this could me a bad nutrition?

I have Asperger's that's about all I'm aware of having. Epilepsy I'm not sure.

I get motion sickness if I am in the back seat of a small car, and there are a lot of curves in the road. :p

I used to get car sickness when I was very young. Not sure what wrong, I also think I'm allergic to heat/sunlight because if I'm outside long enough on a hot day, I get really sick. Mostly it's just nausea and stuff.

Latest posts

Back