Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xpendable said:
I disagree with the honesty part. I think there's no reason at all to be honest when you're a stranger on the internet, for me is just more virtue signaling. People saying something and then doing the opposite is nothing new.

There's no reason to but a lot of people find it liberating, specially in contrast with their real lives... That's why you judge the full picture, not just the words you like to hear. It's easy not to be mislead, if you pay attention enough and don't let emotions carry your rationality away.

Richard_39 said:
If your boyfriend convinced you to dress up as a chicken in a suit...would you cluck, and WHY?!? ;-)

No need for convincing, he'll owe me freaky without judgement later ;D

[quote pid='846623' dateline='1500316245']
No need for convincing, he'll owe me freaky without judgement later ;D
[/quote]

:D
That's awesome.

Xpendable said:
I disagree with the honesty part. I think there's no reason at all to be honest when you're a stranger on the internet, for me is just more virtue signaling. People saying something and then doing the opposite is nothing new.

Nilla: adecdotal means nothing.

'Virtue signalling' happens where there's pressure to conform to a particular dogma in order to be accepted. Usually in feminist/social justice online communities. It's not really the case here where a wide array of views are tolerated.

ardour said:
... VanillaCreme doesn't seem politically correct.

That's probably because I'm not. This PC honeysuckle is the bane of society today. Too many people are overly sensitive, overly emotional, and then they blame everyone else for them being that way.

VanillaCreme said:
ardour said:

That's probably because I'm not. This PC honeysuckle is the bane of society today. Too many people are overly sensitive, overly emotional, and then they blame everyone else for them being that way.

I agree with you to an extent, but there are some words that can hurt people that aren't capable of filtering it out.  Disabled people such as those with autism or other things like that.  There are only a few words I can't stand, but then again, it usually depends on how the person is using it.

TheRealCallie said:
VanillaCreme said:
ardour said:

I agree with you to an extent, but there are some words that can hurt people that aren't capable of filtering it out.  Disabled people such as those with autism or other things like that.  There are only a few words I can't stand, but then again, it usually depends on how the person is using it.

Even those are needed sometimes.
A piece of Star Trek comes to mind; "infinite diversity in infinite combination". That's what we humans are. It's a strenght.
And if we need to sometimes watch what we say to each other sometimes, we also need the people who'd tell the Prime Minister to sit on a dick in the middle of a press conference.
And even when we don't...we'll it'd still be a laugh to hear ;-)

Why does it seem that so many women get judgemental, angry, and upset with a guy they've rejected when he starts showing interest in other women?

This is something I've experienced many times and it has always confused me.

Wkamya said:
Why does it seem that so many women get judgemental, angry, and upset with a guy they've rejected when he starts showing interest in other women?

I have no idea. If there's someone Im not interested in, and I've told them, I'm happy as a clam that they've found someone else they're interested in. I'm baffled.

Some possibilities:

Your "friend" has a huge ego and wants validation from every quarter, including men she isn't romantically interested in and possibly doesn't even like.

She's judged you for taking a 'numbers game' approach to finding a girlfriend.

She could have been interested but hoped you would take on some antiquated pursuer role (even if it risks coming across as harassment)

Sorry I know you're looking for a female perspective.. can't help it.

For those of you in your 20s, would many of you be willing to date a guy in their 30s? I'm 26 but just curious.

EveWasFramed said:
Wkamya said:

I have no idea. If there's someone Im not interested in, and I've told them, I'm happy as a clam that they've found someone else they're interested in. I'm baffled.

Yeah, same. No idea. I don't get or do the whole jealousy or "pay attention to me now that you've moved on" thing. I'm more than happy when people find their happiness, whether it includes me or not.

Paraiyar said:
For those of you in your 20s, would many of you be willing to date a guy in their 30s? I'm 26 but just curious.

I'm 28, so maybe I'm too old, but sure. I would.

I plan on finding a girlfriend 20 years younger than me.
Why?
It's very very selfish and has nothing to do with sex or attractiveness lol.
Someday, I'll be old and most of my family or friends will be gone. I'll be alone. That's a terrifying thought. So if I ever find a significant other, I want to be with her until the end and not die alone. I'll also have someone to change my diaper I know won't beat up defenseless old me.
Selfish, huh? lol.
It's not a fixed plan yet. I still believe in just finding the right person. But there are added benefits to someone younger. And when I become impotent, I'll allow her to visit whomever she pleases ;-)

Meaw said:
Personally, I'm okay with crooked teeth, slightly bad breath, maybe even slightly "dirty" teeth, but then again, I'm not that much of a kissy person.
I think my limit's somewhere slightly beyond "slightly dirty" teeth.
Ouch, stop throwing tomatoes, you asked for opinions D:

Meaw, save those tomatoes for me!

beautiful loser said:
DarkSelene said:
If it makes your mouth/jaw look deformed or is bad for your health, I'd say an orthodontist is a good idea but imperfections are usually quite cute, and that includes crooked teeth.

*It's about symmetry, though, so it's normal for the majority of people to prefer very "perfect" looking teeth.

Totally agree with the imperfection part.  I think an overbite on a woman is sexy as f***..lol  I worked with this woman that had slightly longer upper incisors.  She hated her "beaver teeth", as she put it.  I thought she had a very cute smile. 

Too perfect and they look fake to me.  Maybe I'm just a weirdo :D

I'm kinda late into this but just wanna say I gotta agree on the imperfection part too!

Paraiyar said:

I'd be okay with that.

I can't be bothered to read through all this thread, but I do have a question to women.

Why do you put some guys into an ever-lasting 'friendzone'? I mean a person with who it is good to talk about many things and fun to spend time with, but never ever anything more than that?

I have never got my head around that.

Personally if I feel someone is good to talk to and spend time with, I am open to anything. Because I view it as a pretty significant connection. And I am not going to reject it for some minor 'issue'.

Latest posts

Back