Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I wanna know why I sound like a man... Would you share the rationale behind this hypothesis, Teresa?

She can't.

Paraiyar said:
Would a guy living at home be a deal breaker?

I'm wondering that as well.  Even if I could move out, I don't know that I'd want to because I can't think of anyplace to go that's any better than where I am now.  The way I see it, I'd be paying through the nose for a place that would pretty much just be a place to sleep.  If I ever did go back to school, I'm pretty close to where I'd probably go.  And I don't really want to live alone.  I get along with my folks decently, even if we do argue at times.  I'd hoped I could live at home until I had someone to move in with.

I'm not a woman but having your own place definitely makes things a lot easier when it comes to the logistics of romance.  :)

Also I can confirm that Selene passes 100% as a woman...  :p

Stop confirming my gender, please. I appreciate it, but I'm not interested in proving this and there's no reason to openly discuss my connections here.

Brennabean said:
I'd call myself a feminist, and I notice that feminism is quite broadly misunderstood and has been given a bad reputation over the years.
The most important goals WRAs are trying to achieve right now are mostly Eastern problems like child marriages, human sex trafficking, FGM, and smashing Eastern ideologies about women (See Saudi Arabia for example).

I can agree with all of these issues, only adding more to the pile of human rights violations. While human trafficking affects women/girls predominantly for the purpose of sex, the other half is men/boys as work slaves and soldiers. Furthermore the countries that practice various forms of FGM also commonly practice MGM, obviously also not in a sterile and modern hospital environment by medical professionals and therefore with not that uncommon gruesome consequences.

Brennabean said:
In the UK and I'd imagine it's similar in the US, women are the most likely to be murdered by their current or ex partners, taking up a huge percentage of murder victims. The same goes with sexual abuse and domestic violence. This is also a massive problem but how do we stop people from being horrible? This issue really takes precedence in the West.

That is also accurate, with the caveat that men make up the vast majority of total homicide victims, but are of course much more likely to be murdered by strangers. I heard that 1 in 4 or 1 in 3 victims of domestic homicide are men.

Brennabean said:
Growing up as a girl and seeing women in naughty mags, always having their bodies on show, being sold for the 'male gaze' and for a bunch of people to have sexual fantasies/fantasies about them or themselves so they'd buy a product or watch a film, it gave me a weird idea of women, I wish I saw more powerful and inspiring women in the media. Not only that, but I've noticed that certain kinds of men and boys separate themselves from women, I know a lot of people who won't be friends with women and will only have sex with them. I've always found it weird as most of my friends are men. Oh and people love to blame women, what's that they say, it's probably the mothers fault? 

If a woman decides to present her body for money and utilizes her sexuality at her own volition, is that submission or empowerment? I will not take her freedom away, but I might advocate for men to do the same...except that's where the problem is, there seems to be a much smaller audience for that. Which is why both men's and women's magazines have mostly women on them, looking at the customer/reader actively, with differing degrees of clothing.

I am aware of "fuckboys". Sad state of affairs, but I think they will disappear or become a minority if there is no demand for them. Have no problem with me (or women for that matter) who decide to become celibate voluntarily or are merely not interested in marriage or relationships of any kind.

To be honest, I've never heard mothers blamed any more than absent (and supposedly deadbeat) fathers but statistically speaking more kids are raised without fathers these days.

Brennabean said:
I really advocate for one issues feminists haven't put very much focus on. And that's that boys and men are tremendously more criminalised than women and girls, but this isn't only an issue with police work but the biases of jurors. I'm not saying more girls should go to prison, but penalising men for minor crimes is only making the prisons more overpopulated and ineffective and poisonous. 

Nothing to add here, entirely agree.

As a final note, I am saying these things not to draw attention away from women's issues but to put them into perspective. Unless mere mentioning of corresponding men's issues is an automatic drain of attention.

PS: I think this topic is very fascinating and find it worthy of a separate discussion outside of this thread since pursuing tangents in here is seen as uncouth.

Females can choose not to be feminists.

I'm a man. I feel strongly about the issues of female genital mutilation and honor killings.

Nobody wants to talk about those nowadays because it's not about evil white males.

But yah, you can give a **** without being brainwashed and carrying a title.

bleed_the_freak said:
Females can choose not to be feminists.

I'm a man. I feel strongly about the issues of female genital mutilation and honor killings.

Nobody wants to talk about those nowadays because it's not about evil white males.

But yah, you can give a **** without being brainwashed and carrying a title.

Yep, agree absolutely. In general, the responses I've seen from Western Feminists to the issues your talking about hasn't just been disappointing, it's downright mind-boggling. Just look at the way Ayaan Hirsi Ali has been treated by them.

Rodent said:
PS: I think this topic is very fascinating and find it worthy of a separate discussion outside of this thread since pursuing tangents in here is seen as uncouth.

We have an "Up for debate" section that's badly underused!

Paraiyar said:

Depends on the situation, honestly. 
If you're at home to get further ahead or are momentarily down on your luck, sure, I see nothing wrong with that. 
If you're 40 and have never moved out, don't have a job, don't intend to look for a job....no, I already have two children to take care of, I don't need a third.

TheRealCallie said:
Paraiyar said:

If you're at home to get further ahead or are momentarily down on your luck, sure, I see nothing wrong with that. 
If you're 40 and have never moved out, don't have a job, don't intend to look for a job....no, I already have two children to take care of, I don't need a third.

All valid points, I wouldn't want someone who's just another strain on the family/relationship,

But what if this guy is all that, but also great with children, and does a lot of work in and around the house, knows how to cook and in general just sees himself as a caretaker?

MisterLonely said:
TheRealCallie said:
Paraiyar said:

All valid points, I wouldn't want someone who's just another strain on the family/relationship,

But what if this guy is all that, but also great with children, and does a lot of work in and around the house, knows how to cook and in general just sees himself as a caretaker?

Kudos to him, but I'm not so sure that would change my opinion.  It would still mean another mouth to feed.  Sure I wouldn't be busting my ass to do everything and work, but while I'm not broke, I'm also not rich, so I would want someone who could help support the household financially.  If he was actively looking for a job or willing to get one, (even a minimum wage job), I would change my opinion, but I don't know about anything else.

TheRealCallie said:
Essentially, I would want a role model for my kids and a partner for myself....not a maid.

Now, I have to ask, in a situation where the woman stays home and takes care of the kids and the cleaning and most if not all of the domestic reponsibilities...would you title her as "Maid"? In the same way you perceive a male in that role as a "Maid"? 

Would you consider that woman a bad role model for the kids or and not a partner to her spouse?

Latest posts

Back