Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being mysterious just sets them up for disappointment when they finally get to know you and learn that you are a normal person just like everyone else.

Plus I tried that creepy staring obsessive thing in highschool and it just freaked all the girls out. ******* vampire does it in Twilight and everyone wants him. Total bullshit!

kamya said:
Being mysterious just sets them up for disappointment when they finally get to know you and learn that you are a normal person just like everyone else.

Unless you're NOT like everyone else.

Part of being mysterious is doing things that make you different from other people; besides... who says you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO reveal every last part of yourself to a significant other? Sharing intimacy doesn't necessarily mean showing them every little facet of what you think and feel. It's important to keep some parts of yourself for ONLY yourself... because otherwise you may end up feeling empty and lonely after giving them everything.

I have thoughts and personal beliefs that I may never share with a woman I'm in a relationship with... there's nothing wrong with that.

And there's nothing wrong with that being a mystery to her..

^^^Haha... yeah I know. :p We keep answering the "ask a woman" stuff.

SORRY!

Maybe if you women of the forum did your job and answered this honeysuckle... ;)

Limlim said:
Plus I tried that creepy staring obsessive thing in highschool and it just freaked all the girls out. ******* vampire does it in Twilight and everyone wants him. Total bullshit!

i laughed so hard at this the neighbours threw a ping pong ball at my window =)) god damned bastards =))

Yellow Eyes said:
Limlim said:

i laughed so hard at this the neighbours threw a ping pong ball at my window =)) god damned bastards =))

Yeah, Limlim's posts always makes me smile.

My sympathies, Limlim. It's not fair at all! :p

How should a guy approach an older woman (I'm talking ~10-15 years older)? Or, how should he let her know he has an interest in her, flirting, etc. I assume it's practically the same as with women within one's own age group so long as one has the maturity to pursue older women, but is there anything else one should be aware of?

Kataphractos said:
How should a guy approach an older woman (I'm talking ~10-15 years older)? Or, how should he let her know he has an interest in her, flirting, etc. I assume it's practically the same as with women within one's own age group so long as one has the maturity to pursue older women, but is there anything else one should be aware of?

What age groups are we talking here?
I'm sure you will wait for Lim and BJD and the "real" girls of the forum for advice, but I would assume it would be the same. She's not that much older than you really, and age is nothing but a number. If you have the same interests or whatever, you will click just as well as with someone your own age.

Kataphractos said:

My answer to that would be that it's gonna be different with different women. Some might prefer the direct approach, some might want to take a longer road getting there.

I wouldn't say it's about an AGE thing... it's about a personal preferences thing.

Thank you woman-Jedi :club:

I don't think age matters when it comes to that. I'm sure older ladies aren't impressed by things that are immature. Just be yourself, I'm sure she'll like you if you're what she's looking for.

Oceanborn said:
She wants me to be strictly an email friend. I don't want to be an A-Hole, but you can only take hearing that so much, and I want better this time - someone that'll give the same that I do in return. I'm asking on this forum since I know there are shy girls here and she seems to be like that a bit.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason(s), we sometimes develop the wrong idea about what that other person wants in a relationship. It really sucks when you feel you've been led by that person to think that person wanted as much as you do.

in my experience most of the older women i've been with who go specifically for younger men are either broken down alcoholics/drug addicts/manic depressants

it's largely a waste of time unless of course you are genuinely mature and successful beyond your years and lets face it most young men only think they are

I recommend all dudes try it on with an older lady at least once, especially if you're inexperienced. They can show you such wonderful things!

Just don't expect it to last.

My first long term relationship was with a woman much older than me (Twelve years). We met when I crashed at her house after a gig, a band mate's Mom was friends with her. I was very drunk and high, and puked on her expensive jacket. She fell asleep cuddling with me, and I apologised for puking on her clothes by getting her flowers and having them cleaned. She thought I was sweet and it went from there.

So, try puking on them the day before valentine's day! She may just think "Well, it can't get any worse than this, might as well give it a shot."

Yeah! said:
They can show you such wonderful things!

I HAVE SUCH WONDERFUL THINGS TO SHOW YOU...

20274-23126.gif

P.S. ^^^Ten internets to whomever can identify the movie that's from.

Event Horizon, which is the exact movie I appropriated the line from!

Latest posts

Back