Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basically you have to become a jester. Not necessarily about joking but just to keep her entertained.

Xpendable said:
Basically you have to become a jester. Not necessarily about joking but just to keep her entertained.

Unless you are trying to attract immature shallow girls, spoiled girls or girls looking for a sugar daddy, I'm pretty sure a woman is perfectly capable of entertaining herself....

Women ready to settle? yes, I guess. Women in the peak of their attractiveness? definitely have to be a man of all trades to have a chance.

Xpendable said:
Women ready to settle? yes, I guess. Women in the peak of their attractiveness? definitely have to be a man of all trades to have a chance.

You know, there's a pattern here (and not just with you) concerning what you post and after reading this kind of thing over and over again, it makes me seriously wonder what type of person you are trying to attract...and even more than that, why you would want a person like that. 
There are people "in the peak of their attractiveness" who aren't shallow bitches who would want to settle down.  There are people out there who might not perfectly meet what you want, but may be exactly what you need.  Maybe you are just looking at the wrong people, maybe your expectations and standards are too high, maybe you live in a very shallow neighborhood, maybe you just refuse to see anything other than what will give you an excuse, maybe this, maybe that.  Stop living in excuses and negativity and start looking at honeysuckle differently.

Xpendable said:
Maybe you are wrong in absolutely everything and never will be right. Maybe

Maybe the same can be said for you? Or me, or anyone...
Is being "right" really the most important thing?
It's not always about winning the argument.

TheRealCallie said:
Xpendable said:

You know, there's a pattern here (and not just with you) concerning what you post and after reading this kind of thing over and over again, it makes me seriously wonder what type of person you are trying to attract...and even more than that, why you would want a person like that. 
There are people "in the peak of their attractiveness" who aren't shallow bitches who would want to settle down.  There are people out there who might not perfectly meet what you want, but may be exactly what you need.  Maybe you are just looking at the wrong people, maybe your expectations and standards are too high, maybe you live in a very shallow neighborhood, maybe you just refuse to see anything other than what will give you an excuse, maybe this, maybe that.  Stop living in excuses and negativity and start looking at honeysuckle differently.

I'm not sure X was trying to imply that women at their peak of attractiveness are shallow, just that it would be really tempting for a lot of them to not settle down with all the male attention they will get without even trying (particulary if they are really attractive). Being a really attractive girl in your early 20s gives you a lot of options so you can afford to be quite picky about the man you pick if you really are looking to settle down.

Very few people want to settle in their early-mid 20's anyway. Focusing on women in that age category is a waste of time.

kaetic said:
Mocking, ridiculing others isn't attractive...

Says who?  Women love it when a guy stands on inferior men.  Makes him a bigger prize.

michael2 said:
kaetic said:

Says who?  Women love it when a guy stands on inferior men.  Makes him a bigger prize.

I said so, :)
Because I was talking from my own perspective. I'm a woman and that is not attractive to me.
I'm not going to argue with you and say there aren't probably some ******* women out there that would
totally be fine with that sort of behavior. But that's not my viewpoint.
I had to deal with being bullied growing up, though not as bad as others I'm sure.
I've also been a bully before and I hated myself for it, long past when it happened.
In my own opinion... if a "man" (or a woman for that matter) treats other people that way he's not going to treat his partner any better.
God forbid they ever have children... How do you figure that child is going to fare when he doesn't
measure up to what his "father" thinks he ought to be?
---

While I'm asking questions, and just for my own curiosity... I mean no offense and you don't have to answer
if you don't want to:
What are you using as your measure when deciding what an inferior/regular?/superior? man is?
How old are you? How long have you felt this way?
Since finding this "belief",(when I say "belief" I'm talking about everything you think about women/dating/men/etc)
are you able to consider any ideas that contradict this, for lack of a better word, ideology;
OR, Do you find that you generally dismiss them as bullshit without any consideration at all?
Last one, Do you feel that your self worth is in any way tied to these beliefs?

kaetic said:
michael2 said:
kaetic said:

I said so, :)
Because I was talking from my own perspective. I'm a woman and that is not attractive to me.
I'm not going to argue with you and say there aren't probably some ******* women out there that would
totally be fine with that sort of behavior. But that's not my viewpoint.
I had to deal with being bullied growing up, though not as bad as others I'm sure.
I've also been a bully before and I hated myself for it, long past when it happened.
In my own opinion... if a "man" (or a woman for that matter) treats other people that way he's not going to treat his partner any better.
God forbid they ever have children... How do you figure that child is going to fare when he doesn't
measure up to what his "father" thinks he ought to be?
---

While I'm asking questions, and just for my own curiosity... I mean no offense and you don't have to answer
if you don't want to:
What are you using as your measure when deciding what an inferior/regular?/superior? man is?
How old are you? How long have you felt this way?
Since finding this "belief",(when I say "belief" I'm talking about everything you think about women/dating/men/etc)
are you able to consider any ideas that contradict this, for lack of a better word, ideology;
OR, Do you find that you generally dismiss them as bullshit without any consideration at all?
Last one, Do you feel that your self worth is in any way tied to these beliefs?

Doesn't matter if can't stand that sort of thing, men who lack confidence (,usually those that get stepped on) will always struggle.

Xpendable said:
"my own perspective" Why people think the world is so small?

Maybe because we can all only give our own perspectives, but it sure as hell tells you that not ALL women think the way you seem to think they think. That not ALL women want what you think they want.  That not ALL women are shallow bitches out to get the hottest guy there is.   So maybe YOU should stop thinking the **** world is so small.

Xpendable said:
"my own perspective" Why people think the world is so small?

Did you actually have a problem with what I said? Or did you only have a problem with it because I wasn't trying to speak for all women?
I was under the impression that Ska was asking for opinions, from women... That doesn't mean you can't comment, but DO you have anything to add besides hateful remarks?

It's kind of hard for someone who experience the world a certain way, a way that constantly validates their feelings and beliefs, to be able to see that the reality is different cause they are living in their own truth.
I also think the talk about not ALL women being bitches is kinda useless. Some people go through their whole life having their feelings of not being good enough validated. How do you expect these people to be able to listen to your "yes but not all women are like that" remark that stems from a place of your own pissy attitude of not wanting to be judged.
Like.. I get it. Ive said that lots of times too. Ofc not all women are like that... But. I think it's more valuable to be able to see that your own reality isn't always the only reality.

MissBehave said:
I think it's more valuable to be able to see that your own reality isn't always the only reality.

EXACTLY!!!
It's called perspective, but apparently X disapproves.

And just as a sidenote about negative thoughts and feelings being reinforced your whole life. That's bullshit. You don't get a license to treat other people like crap just because bad stuff happened to you.

Latest posts

Back