Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicolelt said:
I'm a girl and people have said these things about me. The road goes both ways.

That's terrible. You deserve better.

I just came back from lunch. Little bit of Manapau and poi and I am all set for a long time.

I was thinking about why Callie was upset at my previous statement that women choose to ignore shy men because of the reasons why I gave and also because they enjoy it.

I think she got upset because she has actually seen other women do this same thing and on more than one occasion. You may not like that statement and even be upset by it. That was not my intention. But you have to admit that I am right.

VanillaCreme said:
Nicolelt said:

Agree. It's definitely not a one gender issue.

No it is not a one gender issue. No argument there. But women do it more.

BeyondShy said:
VanillaCreme said:
Nicolelt said:

No, we don't do it more. You've just experienced it more from women because you're a guy. Hence me asking. If you liked guys, perhaps you'd experience it from them as well.

BeyondShy said:
I was thinking about why Callie was upset at my previous statement that women choose to ignore shy men because of the reasons why I gave and also because they enjoy it.

I think she got upset because she has actually seen other women do this same thing and on more than one occasion. You may not like that statement and even be upset by it. That was not my intention. But you have to admit that I am right.

Um, please don't assume you know what I'm saying or thinking, because you will be wrong the majority of the time.
You misunderstand me, I'm not upset. As I said, I don't get offended by what people say, but that doesn't mean I can't still see what IS offensive and insulting. I'm just calling you out on a generalization that is NOT true. I will not admit you are right, because you aren't. You are classing every female into one big category because of hurts YOU received.
I'm not saying it's right, but how much of that do you actually attract onto yourself with the thoughts you have and what you say here? Sorry, but I don't think it's all on the "nasty" females of the world....

BeyondShy said:
VanillaCreme said:
Nicolelt said:

Um, no....women do NOT do it more. I'd say it's pretty even, actually.

BeyondShy said:
If you are shy women think....

1. There's something the matter with you.
2. You are mad about something.
3. You're a mean person.
4. You are not interested in them.
5. You are stuck up.

All five of these things I have been accused of in the past and they could not have been more further from the truth. If you are a shy person they will enjoy rejecting you and they just don't realize how bad it hurts. :(

If you are shy there is limited amount of data to go on, so people will naturally assume things about you that are probably not true. Assuming is done a lot when there's not enough communication. I hope you set them straight?

VanillaCreme said:
No, we don't do it more. You've just experienced it more from women because you're a guy. Hence me asking. If you liked guys, perhaps you'd experience it from them as well.

Well, ok. And since I do not approach guys the same way as I do women you have a good point.

TheRealCallie said:
I'm not saying it's right, but how much of that do you actually attract onto yourself with the thoughts you have and what you say here? Sorry, but I don't think it's all on the "nasty" females of the world....

Sorry right back at you. It is all on them because I do not talk as much as I can write. I can write so much better than I express myself verbally. I get shot down before I can even try.

Off topic: You're the "real" Callie? Is there another one floating around here someplace? :)

HoodedMonk said:
If you are shy there is limited amount of data to go on, so people will naturally assume things about you that are probably not true. Assuming is done a lot when there's not enough communication. I hope you set them straight?

Ok, I'll answer this. You are 100% right about having not enough communication. Did I set them straight? No. They don't give me a chance. After I get shot down they walk away or get interested in something else like looking at their phone. No I do not set them straight.

BeyondShy said:
TheRealCallie said:

Sorry right back at you. It is all on them because I do not talk as much as I can write. I can write so much better than I express myself verbally. I get shot down before I can even try.

How are you going to blame your issue on everyone else... It's not on those females. So what they turned you down... The world keeps turning. Not everyone is supposed to fall for you, no matter what your personality is. You're shy. That's nothing that can be blamed on other people. I don't know what to tell you now, and I'm honestly starting to think you're just trolling us a little bit. I just can't agree with someone wanting to blame everyone else for something they see as a personality flaw. No one made you shy. It comes naturally to many people.

HoodedMonk said:
BeyondShy said:
If you are shy women think....

1. There's something the matter with you.
2. You are mad about something.
3. You're a mean person.
4. You are not interested in them.
5. You are stuck up.

All five of these things I have been accused of in the past and they could not have been more further from the truth. If you are a shy person they will enjoy rejecting you and they just don't realize how bad it hurts. :(

Yea, in high school I was really really shy. And my dad was rich, so people thought I was stuck up. Really I wanted to be friends, but I couldn't approach people. Then I starting talking to people and BAM and I wasn't thought to be stuck up anymore.

VanillaCreme said:
How are you going to blame your issue on everyone else... It's not on those females. So what they turned you down... The world keeps turning. Not everyone is supposed to fall for you, no matter what your personality is. You're shy. That's nothing that can be blamed on other people. I don't know what to tell you now, and I'm honestly starting to think you're just trolling us a little bit. I just can't agree with someone wanting to blame everyone else for something they see as a personality flaw. No one made you shy. It comes naturally to many people.

I AM NOT TROLLING. I am trying to explain to all of you how I feel and how I see it and because I don't see it like you do you got to accuse me of that.

I don't expect everyone to fall for me. Yeah I know I was born shy but other people contribute to this bull**** way of life when they reject you or laugh at you or exclude you.

Don't you ever accuse me of trolling again. I don't appreciate that.

Nicolelt said:
Yea, in high school I was really really shy. And my dad was rich, so people thought I was stuck up. Really I wanted to be friends, but I couldn't approach people. Then I starting talking to people and BAM and I wasn't thought to be stuck up anymore.

I'd comment on that but I'd be accused of trolling again.

But I am glad you started talking to people. I like to hear about other people who are shy who have success with others.

BeyondShy said:
I AM NOT TROLLING. I am trying to explain to all of you how I feel and how I see it and because I don't see it like you do you got to accuse me of that.

I don't expect everyone to fall for me. Yeah I know I was born shy but other people contribute to this bull**** way of life when they reject you or laugh at you or exclude you.

Don't you ever accuse me of trolling again. I don't appreciate that.

Many of us understand how you feel and can relate. But what more do you want from people? We can't go back and change anything. All we can do is listen (which we're doing) and offer our honest opinion and thoughts. I'm sorry if I offended you, but it seems quite trollish of someone to repeat themselves and berate people for offering their thoughts.

VanillaCreme said:
Many of us understand how you feel and can relate. But what more do you want from people? We can't go back and change anything. All we can do is listen (which we're doing) and offer our honest opinion and thoughts. I'm sorry if I offended you, but it seems quite trollish of someone to repeat themselves and berate people for offering their thoughts.

I did not berate anyone here in this conversation. Not you, not Callie. Anyone. I just didn't agree with Callie and I still don't.

I repeated that stuff because I feel so strongly about it. I wanted to stress how much that affects me in every day life. I hate this.

BeyondShy said:
HoodedMonk said:

Ok, I'll answer this. You are 100% right about having not enough communication. Did I set them straight? No. They don't give me a chance. After I get shot down they walk away or get interested in something else like looking at their phone. No I do not set them straight.

They walk away or get interested in their phone. Hmm, do you try to be assertive? I know it is probably hard if you are shy offline.

BeyondShy said:
VanillaCreme said:

I did not berate anyone here in this conversation. Not you, not Callie. Anyone. I just didn't agree with Callie and I still don't.

I repeated that stuff because I feel so strongly about it. I wanted to stress how much that affects me in every day life. I hate this.

When a moderator tells you to stop, you stop, it isn't up for debate. You have been rude towards other people and their opinions. You have no right to tell other people that their opinions are wrong as neither do they. We have a rule around here about gender stereotyping, it isn't allowed. You have been doing that constantly, and not all women are as you claim, there are some but not all, and it works the same with both sexes.

To sum up, knock it off and cut it out and stop arguing with a moderator or you will be slapped with a ban.

HoodedMonk said:
They walk away or get interested in their phone. Hmm, do you try to be assertive? I know it is probably hard if you are shy offline.

No I don't. That's when I just leave feeling embarrassed.

Sci-Fi said:
When a moderator tells you to stop, you stop, it isn't up for debate. You have been rude towards other people and their opinions. You have no right to tell other people that their opinions are wrong as neither do they. We have a rule around here about gender stereotyping, it isn't allowed. You have been doing that constantly, and not all women are as you claim, there are some but not all, and it works the same with both sexes.

To sum up, knock it off and cut it out and stop arguing with a moderator or you will be slapped with a ban.

No one told me to stop. Go back and read the thread. She assumed something that wasn't true.

BeyondShy said:
HoodedMonk said:

No I don't. That's when I just leave feeling embarrassed.

Well, maybe this is part of the issue…

Try being assertive.

HoodedMonk said:
Try a new approach then. Try being assertive. You may have a different outcome.

That's the problem!!! I am not assertive. It's crazy.

BeyondShy said:
HoodedMonk said:
Try a new approach then. Try being assertive. You may have a different outcome.

That's the problem!!! I am not assertive. It's crazy.

I'm not sure how to respond to this.

I'm sensing emotions from you based on this response, but I'm not sure how to put them to words.

I'm sorry these experiences have hurt you though.

HoodedMonk said:
I'm not sure how to respond to this.

I'm sensing emotions from you based on this response, but I'm not sure how to put them to words.

I'm sorry these experiences have hurt you though.

Let me try to explain. I try to talk to someone. Or I see someone I think is nice and I say hi. I have to work my way up to do that.

Then either they do not respond or give me a cold response or look at me like I should not even be talking to them. When that happens I just leave.

Latest posts

Back