Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BeyondShy said:
HoodedMonk said:
I'm not sure how to respond to this.

I'm sensing emotions from you based on this response, but I'm not sure how to put them to words.

I'm sorry these experiences have hurt you though.

Let me try to explain. I try to talk to someone. Or I see someone I think is nice and I say hi. I have to work my way up to do that.

Then either they do not respond or give me a cold response or look at me like I should not even be talking to them. When that happens I just leave.

Hi isn't really a conversation though. You should try to do more.

Maybe just saying Hi makes them feel awkward? If someone said hi to me and then nothing else it'd make me feel awkward.

HoodedMonk said:
Hi isn't really a conversation though. You should try to do more.

Maybe just saying Hi makes them feel awkward? If someone said hi to me and then nothing else it'd make me feel awkward.

No! I just don't say hi and stand there and wait for something magical to happen. I say other things but when I can tell they are unresponsive or uninterested (and I know) then it's over.

BeyondShy said:
HoodedMonk said:
I'm not sure how to respond to this.

I'm sensing emotions from you based on this response, but I'm not sure how to put them to words.

I'm sorry these experiences have hurt you though.

Let me try to explain. I try to talk to someone. Or I see someone I think is nice and I say hi. I have to work my way up to do that.

Then either they do not respond or give me a cold response or look at me like I should not even be talking to them. When that happens I just leave.

I'll just say this. They have the right to be uninterested in you. They don't have to like you.

And now I'm telling you to stop. You've filled a couple of threads with your story now.

VanillaCreme said:
I'll just say this. They have the right to be uninterested in you. They don't have to like you.

And now I'm telling you to stop. You've filled a couple of threads with your story now.

Sure, ok. That's fine.

I'm just going to bump these last two questions since they got buried. My answers to them are back where they got posted, if the posters would like to see them. :)

Greenish said:
Just curious, have any of you ladies dated a guy in a wheelchair. If you haven't, would you? How do you think you'd react if such a guy showed interest in you even though there were other able bodied guys around?

As you may have figured out, I am paraplegic and have tried Internet dating after being prompted by a counsellor. The results were mixed but I quickly found that I'd be friended out the moment some able bodied guy arrived on the scene. I've since stopped, it's really draining but you get to learn a lot about yourself and others, good and bad. If you've tried it you'd know.

It would be nice to know your thoughts.

Skid Row 89 said:
Is being a shy man generally a turn off for women? Most men I see with girlfriends/wives seem to be very much extrovert

And to you Callie I just want to say I am sorry because we did not see eye-to-eye here. I know it sounded like I accused all women of this but it was really my frustrations of having it happen over and over.

This question really hit home for me.

I'm positive all women are not like this and I don't even have to talk to another one to find it out because all women are different and in my frustration I did not look at it like that. I just was too upset.

Good call, Callie.

Greenish said:
Just curious, have any of you ladies dated a guy in a wheelchair. If you haven't, would you? How do you think you'd react if such a guy showed interest in you even though there were other able bodied guys around?

As you may have figured out, I am paraplegic and have tried Internet dating after being prompted by a counsellor. The results were mixed but I quickly found that I'd be friended out the moment some able bodied guy arrived on the scene. I've since stopped, it's really draining but you get to learn a lot about yourself and others, good and bad. If you've tried it you'd know.

It would be nice to know your thoughts.

I'll just say that if I was open and looking to finding love and someone in my life, and if he is compatible with my personality, being in a wheelchair won't matter to me.

Skid Row 89 said:
Is being a shy man generally a turn off for women? Most men I see with girlfriends/wives seem to be very much extrovert

No, not a turn off for me, at least. Can't speak for most women though.

ladyforsaken said:
Skid Row 89 said:

No, not a turn off for me, at least. Can't speak for most women though.

Not for me either. In fact, my dude has quite a bit of social anxiety. He's really only comfortable around me and our group of homies. Either that or he just really hates 99.99% of people.

I know a lot of women who have said there boyfriends / husbands are very quiet. They don't say much.
I don't think been quiet is a drawback if you have certain qualities that women like.

Triple Bogey said:
I know a lot of women who have said there boyfriends / husbands are very quiet. They don't say much.
I don't think been quiet is a drawback if you have certain qualities that women like.
I know one guy with a girlfriend and he's as shy as you can get so I suppose shy guys do have their fans!

I once had a huge crush on a guy in a wheelchair; he didn't return my interest, though.

And I prefer shy guys to ones who have to be the centre of a room.

The problem with many girls who say they like shy guys is that they still won't make the first move.

In my specific case I don't ask anybody out. I've tried a few times (yes, with shy guys) and it hasn't ended well, and has taken me months to put my self-esteem back together.

And yes, I realise that's the position that men (who do most of the asking) are in, but for me personally I find it's easier to risk missing out on the highs to avoid having to get through the lows.

Ehm i had a question

what do women thinks when they caught a stranger (male) staring at them ? (making eye contact)

windsley said:
Ehm i had a question

what do women thinks when they caught a stranger (male) staring at them ? (making eye contact)

I had this happen to me recently. At first I didn't think of anything, but when he kept staring at me straight up, I stared back. And because he didn't even smile, I straight up thought "weirdo".

I would have to say it depends on the guy's body language while he's staring. He could have a flirty body language, smiling or winking, or giving a cold stare etc. Different types of stares will bring about different reactions in me, of course.

windsley said:
Ehm i had a question

It's no big deal to me. I just smile when I make eye-contact with people in general. I don't think staring is bad. Now following a woman down every aisle of the grocery store to stare at her, that is creepy.

windsley said:
Ehm i had a question

I know I'd wonder what he was thinking and why he was looking at me. People staring at me usually isn't a good thing.

^Actually, smiling might just help break the stare. I did do that eventually like a goofball and waved at him, and he just broke into one big grin asking if I was really greeting him. Lol.. sometimes people just.. wanna make contact for.. interaction, I suppose.

Latest posts

Back