Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep... I mean... to be honest... I only went out of my way to tell one person that I had feelings for them and I have had crushes on a few other people but nobody ever knew. And well..prior to me getting feelings for that one person, I was in my teens so I was not about to admit I liked anyone at that point lol. Having to see someone after you find out they dont feel the same way would be crappy imo.

I think nowdays if that ever happened, I'd probably have to sense someone else felt the same way before I spoke a word of it. So yes, it is tough.

Barbaloot said:
I found it difficult. I usually just admired from afar and I have always had a really hard time telling if people "like" me. But, I don't think you should spend too much time speculating on it - if you like her, if there's a possibility she likes you, just ask her out. Nao.

I might do! Every time I think about it though, I veer wildly from thinking she likes me to thinking she doesn't :(

I don't really want to ruin my friendship with her, that's my main concern.

Thank you for the replies Barba and Okie :)

TheSolitaryMan said:
Barbaloot said:
I found it difficult. I usually just admired from afar and I have always had a really hard time telling if people "like" me. But, I don't think you should spend too much time speculating on it - if you like her, if there's a possibility she likes you, just ask her out. Nao.

I might do! Every time I think about it though, I veer wildly from thinking she likes me to thinking she doesn't :(

I don't really want to ruin my friendship with her, that's my main concern.

Thank you for the replies Barba and Okie :)

Well, let it evolve on its own. I hope you'll understand what I mean by that, because I honestly can't really explain it. Letting things happen naturally is - I think - the best way. That way, neither party feels forced, either by asking or by answering.

VanillaCreme said:
Well, let it evolve on its own. I hope you'll understand what I mean by that, because I honestly can't really explain it. Letting things happen naturally is - I think - the best way. That way, neither party feels forced, either by asking or by answering.

I'd really love to, but I've known the lady for years now and we're both so shy, I just have a feeling it won't go anywhere unless I say something :(

It's odd, sometimes after we spend a bit of time together she'll suddenly say something like "It was great to see you." or "This was really fun." So I think she must like being around me a bit. She also has started asking me more about myself.

But at the same time, sometimes she'll just go really quiet and seem almost disinterested when I talk to her, I can't work out if it's her nerves or she just doesn't like me anymore than just a friend.

Anyway, sorry, I don't mean to rabbit on about this. Thank you everyone for the help :)

How many women here would ever talk to a guy sat on his own at a bar or somewhere out in town. Some people say if you are looking for a partner that going out on your own could work. I guess it would up your chances a little compared to sitting at home on your own lol... Still this simply does not seem like a valid way to find someone to me... Surely most would just think you are a wierd loner. :club:

ShybutHi said:
How many women here would ever talk to a guy sat on his own at a bar or somewhere out in town. Some people say if you are looking for a partner that going out on your own could work. I guess it would up your chances a little compared to sitting at home on your own lol... Still this simply does not seem like a valid way to find someone to me... Surely most would just think you are a wierd loner. :club:

Or... you could be just a dude having a nice drink by himself. I see nothing wrong with it. If I saw a guy sitting alone, I would go up and say hi to him. A lot of people go out for a drink alone. It's not uncommon.

Yes the person certainly could be just a dude having a drink by himself but, especially in england, I think most women are incredibly paranoid about people who are just on their own and actually it is incredibly rare to see someone on their own here. Everyone hangs out in groups or atleast with one other person but even just out with one other is rare... I would personally not have a clue what to do if I went out on my own to a bar, I would probably end up staring at my glass in a world of my own until I got bored to death and then just walk home. lol :p

Anyway, comment noted Nilla.

If I could, I'd go out by myself and just relax. Get some quiet thinking time. Or quiet no-thinking time would be even better. :club:

I dunno why but someone alone is more interesting to me. However, it's a loss as I'm too shy to approach someone myself. lol. Maybe I'd say hi if the timing was right.

Well that is interesting because I thought pretty much all women would avoid a guy if he was sitting alone.

ShybutHi said:
Well that is interesting because I thought pretty much all women would avoid a guy if he was sitting alone.

Some would, some wouldn't. I can understand both sides. Personally, I'd find someone sitting alone more appealing because they are by themselves. I wouldn't be - not literally - fighting within a group of people to talk to them.

VanillaCreme said:
ShybutHi said:

Some would, some wouldn't. I can understand both sides. Personally, I'd find someone sitting alone more appealing because they are by themselves. I wouldn't be - not literally - fighting within a group of people to talk to them.

This exactly. You're almost more approachable because of the fact that you're not in a group. I wouldn't have to figure out how to enter in the conversation/actions of what you are doing with friends to come up to you if you're by yourself. However, you don't have to just sit at the bar the whole time. You could shoot some pool or play darts or something to make yourself look more diverse.

Callie said:
VanillaCreme said:
ShybutHi said:

This exactly. You're almost more approachable because of the fact that you're not in a group. I wouldn't have to figure out how to enter in the conversation/actions of what you are doing with friends to come up to you if you're by yourself. However, you don't have to just sit at the bar the whole time. You could shoot some pool or play darts or something to make yourself look more diverse.

Mhm, more diverse and more lively. I agree, don't just sit there like a frump-a-dump.

Although you would seem like a total mental case if you were there playing pool or darts on your own against yourself. lol

ShybutHi said:
Although you would seem like a total mental case if you were there playing pool or darts on your own against yourself. lol

No you wouldn't. I'd play pool alone if I could. It's not unusual or weird or anything.

Okiedokes said:
What would you call a "connection" with someone else?

Someone that I feel comfortable with. I'm able to do or say anything around them or to them, and they would either laugh with me or not even notice or care.

ShybutHi said:

Like Nilla, I'd also play on my own if I could. However, that said, just because you go to the bar alone and stay there alone, doesn't mean you can't play someone else that is there.

What I found is that normally someone will end playing a game with you or two.

Sometimes, it can lead to making a friend.

Because I was a good dancer, I would go out on dance floor by myself and start dancing near other women who were dancing by themselves.

Normally after 15 minutes or so, I normally start dancing with someone else.

Because I no longer go bars and drink, it has put a serious hit on my social life (what little there was to begin with) sometime after age 35 or so - now 44.

I simply grew out of partying for some strange reason.

Callie said:
ShybutHi said:

Like Nilla, I'd also play on my own if I could. However, that said, just because you go to the bar alone and stay there alone, doesn't mean you can't play someone else that is there.

I have a question for the ladies, been thinking about it for a while now.

I've been with my girlfriend for over 3 months now and I've noticed scars below each of her breasts from the first time we were together. A comment that her brother inlaw made about her and her sister also made me realise that both of them had breast enlargements and it wasn't my imagination.

My question is, should I comment or ask about her breast augmentation or just let it be. What or how would you want your boyfriend to say or react if you had breast enlargements done before the two of you met and he realised that you had the procedure?

I love her to bits and it isn't realy an issue for me, just don't know if i should make a comment or not.

Latest posts

Back