Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Only a guy would understand.

Well that's a pretty sexist thing to say.
Also, you should pay attention for once. Why does what a guy understands matter in this case? I thought you wanted a GIRLfriend?
Seriously....who has a better idea of how a woman will interpret your actions than a WOMAN?
How has ignoring advice from women been working for you so far? :)

Cavey said:
To be quite honest, I think I'd rather have a woman as a friend only. I share a lot of things in common with women and I miss female company, but everything is so much easier

god this x1000000

I used to have so many female friends and it was so great not having any sexual tension or misunderstandings, as attractive as they were the thought of soiling the friendship with sex never even entered my mind... though of course some people can have sex with their friends and remain... non-weird about it, but it's not for me.

Muse, I know what you're saying. You are tired of maybe having feelings that are not reciprocated. I'm sure anyone can relate to that, or understand it.

Making new friends = happy.

Having feelings for someone who only wants to be friends = ... well, good I guess. But can get tiring and miserable.

If you meet a girl you love as a friend and she wants you as a friend too, then that's great. But wanting more and them not wanting more is understandably a bit sad.

I think this is what you meant.

That's exactly what I meant, Painter.

Eve doesn't understand, because she never tries to see my point of view. She just calls me a sexist and someone who doesn't understand women, as she put it.

Maybe she's right. If I understood women, I'd know how to date one.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
That's exactly what I meant, Painter.

Eve doesn't understand, because she never tries to see my point of view. She just calls me a sexist and someone who doesn't understand women, as she put it.

Maybe she's right. If I understood women, I'd know how to date one.

If you're going to say I said something, quote me next time, because I dont see anywhere I said any of what you just said.

Also, you should pay attention for once. Why does what a guy understands matter in this case? I thought you wanted a GIRLfriend?
Seriously....who has a better idea of how a woman will interpret your actions than a WOMAN?
How has ignoring advice from women been working for you so far?

She just calls me a sexist and someone who doesn't understand women.

Word for word, the same. You just wrote more words to describe it.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
How has ignoring advice from women been working for you so far?

She just calls me a sexist and someone who doesn't understand women.

Word for word, the same. You just wrote more words to describe it.

It's not word for word. AT ALL. Not even close to what you said I said.

EveWasFramed said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
You misunderstand me.

I have plenty of friends. I want a girlfriend.

Yes, which supports what I said about it sending the message to a female that if she doesn't wanna be your gf, she can buzz off.
That's one of the best ways I know of to make yourself look like a jerk to a woman (from a woman's point of view).

I understand what Eve's saying. Which is also the vibe that I got from you, Leaning. It's almost like, if you don't get what you want from them, then you don't care about them - regardless of if they remain a friend to you. But just because a couple of people on a forum pick on that sense from you, doesn't mean everyone will. What we say isn't law, but we're just simply telling you what we're observing. As females, you can't deny that our words to you don't have any weight to them at all, yeah? No, we don't speak for every woman, and we'll never claim to, but our two cents are worth a little something-something towards how women may view you.

Also, that really wasn't word for word. She said what you said was sexist, not that you were. You're extremely quick to jump to defend yourself, when there's nothing to defend, and you often times end up putting your foot into mouth. I'm not trying to be mean, so forgive me, but perhaps you need to calm down, slow down, and pay attention more carefully. I sometimes read too quickly myself, and have to re-read things several times.

I'd be glad with more female friends because more friends is generally a positive. Along with that, if finding a girlfriend were possible (it isn't) then more women who could stand being around me would have to be good news.

What do you have some sort of quota that's been filled? I doubt you feel that way about other guys... or do you... "Oh sorry man, there's no room for you."

Also female friends tend to have more female friends, which means they might be able to hook you up.

FWIW - EWF & VC (among others) taught me a lot about over generalizations and appreciate it - thanks for being upfront with me when I first joined because I realized that I needed to point my finger at myself instead of others.

Limlim said:
Also female friends tend to have more female friends, which means they might be able to hook you up.

my only girlfriend in the last 16 years was set up by this mutual female friend.

The girlfriend turned out to be a *removed - word not allowed on the forum*. I do still talk to the female friend even though I probably shouldn't.

duff said:
Limlim said:

my only girlfriend in the last 16 years was set up by this mutual female friend.

The girlfriend turned out to be a *removed - word not allowed on the forum*. I do still talk to the female friend even though I probably shouldn't.

Yeah it can be hard talking to the person who you were once with, I always found it extremely hard to talk to the people still that I have dated. It just a constant reminder for me and it ends up only hurting me more in the end. Hope things get better for you.

A question for all the women who read this thread. How do you feel about having sex with someone who is still a virgin in their 20s? (Or above). Can the lack of experience be a turn off?

robberrt said:
A question for all the women who read this thread. How do you feel about having sex with someone who is still a virgin in their 20s? (Or above). Can the lack of experience be a turn off?

Personally, I'd say no. Even the most experienced person can't always tell or know what someone wants.

I wouldn't mind it, silly to be hypocritical when I'm still a virgin too. I prefer (the idea of) equal sex rather than the quasi-dom/sub sex that you see all over movies and tv.

robberrt said:

No, not a turn off, not for me at least.

robberrt said:

Not to me. I actually prefer the idea of being with someone as inexperienced as I.

robberrt said:

I don't believe it would really matter honestly. It wouldn't really bother me. Might bother my husband though. ;)

Latest posts

Back