Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike413 said:
OK, I have a question. I saw a woman's profile on some dating site not that long ago and she had a list of things that were no no's. Something like "do not contact me if you.....blah blah blah." One of those things was a job. So what I want to know is why is having a job so important to a woman. What if the guy is in between things or on unemployment or like me on disability. Needless to say I wouldn't respond to a woman like that but I am curious to know why it's so important for many women. Are they looking for sugar daddies? I doubt the opposite would be true. I doubt you would see many men's profiles saying they wouldn't date a woman(especially if she looked like a supermodel)if she had no job.

I would guess that 95% of the women who have something like this on their profile have it there because of some past distasteful experience. Also, another reason could like be (especially in today's economy) no one - male or female - wants to date someone who can't support themselves. There are plenty of people (male and female) who don't work because they are lazy. Yes, there are plenty of legitimate reasons for someone not having a job, but you can't really fault someone for expecting their potential significant other to be able to support themselves (whatever their means of support might be).

Mike413 said:
OK, I have a question. I saw a woman's profile on some dating site not that long ago and she had a list of things that were no no's. Something like "do not contact me if you.....blah blah blah." One of those things was a job. So what I want to know is why is having a job so important to a woman. What if the guy is in between things or on unemployment or like me on disability. Needless to say I wouldn't respond to a woman like that but I am curious to know why it's so important for many women. Are they looking for sugar daddies? I doubt the opposite would be true. I doubt you would see many men's profiles saying they wouldn't date a woman(especially if she looked like a supermodel)if she had no job.

I kinda understand your point of view as it's pretty direct to put on her profile like that, but just like you have your standards, women have theirs. You can't really complain that a woman wants a guy with a job, it's not exactly unrealistic or rare, maybe she just doesn't wanna waste your or her time.

Mike413 said:
So what I want to know is why is having a job so important to a woman.

The point isn't necessarily having a job.

The point is that she wants a man who earns enough to support himself and isn't a deadbeat.

I want the same thing in women I date. Generally speaking, I'd find it preferable to be with a woman who has her own career and can support herself. It's that simple.

If a woman notices im checking her out like leg and stuff, so she knows i think she is hot, would that increase my changes with her or is it better not to show any interest in her looks?

What about baldness? Im not bald yet but im afraid i will be. Would that decrease my changes of being bald to get a woman?

Hawx79 said:
If a woman notices im checking her out like leg and stuff, so she knows i think she is hot, would that increase my changes with her or is it better not to show any interest in her looks?

What about baldness? Im not bald yet but im afraid i will be. Would that decrease my changes of being bald to get a woman?

It depends on the woman. Some people really don't care if a man is bald or not (I don't care), but for someone it could be a big thing. It all depends on the person. :)

my husband was a virgin and had never had a relationship before we met, if he had the person would have never let him go cause he is a really good spouse. Not having a lot of relationships does not mean you will be a bad partner so there should be a lot of hope for such a person if the person they are trying to attract a good partner.

Hawx79 said:

Some women think baldness is attractive. I like bald guys. Just please... oh, please... if you are balding, don't do a comb-over or a weird horseshoe thing. Just shave the whole noggin.

nerdygirl said:
Some women think baldness is attractive. I like bald guys. Just please... oh, please... if you are balding, don't do a comb-over or a weird horseshoe thing. Just shave the whole noggin.

Oh yeah!

ff6.jpg

nerdygirl said:
Just please... oh, please... if you are balding, don't do a comb-over or a weird horseshoe thing. Just shave the whole noggin.

^ What she said!

One thing I will understand is how a woman, can meet a great guy get along well, care for and have emotions, and go "next?" with out something negative causing that. Why do that, I mean I do know, but why not take a chance? why? it seems like woman do that and the guys that they end up with isn't the best for them, and we men are like well f this I'll end up with who ever

Drew88 said:
One thing I will understand is how a woman, can meet a great guy get along well, care for and have emotions, and go "next?" with out something negative causing that. Why do that, I mean I do know, but why not take a chance? why? it seems like woman do that and the guys that they end up with isn't the best for them, and we men are like well f this I'll end up with who ever

I don't know how typical this is, but if it were me it'd be because I didn't feel he was my soulmate. No idea how many women still believe in that though. If this question is based on an actual occurrence, you should ask what she feels was lacking in the relationship. Afterall men deserve closure too.

murmi97 said:
Drew88 said:

I don't know how typical this is, but if it were me it'd be because I didn't feel he was my soulmate. No idea how many women still believe in that though. If this question is based on an actual occurrence, you should ask what she feels was lacking in the relationship. Afterall men deserve closure too.

Lets say that that woman is focused on her career or other things, she meets a guy who she is crazy for but decides not to do anything because she is focused on school. and that she is far out and willn't even give the guy the chance not even after. because honestly lots can happen doing the time. She is throwing away a chance with her "soulmate", take education out of it, how many woman pass on their "soulmate"?

Drew88 said:
murmi97 said:
Drew88 said:

Lets say that that woman is focused on her career or other things, she meets a guy who she is crazy for but decides not to do anything because she is focused on school. and that she is far out and willn't even give the guy the chance not even after. because honestly lots can happen doing the time. She is throwing away a chance with her "soulmate", take education out of it, how many woman pass on their "soulmate"?

Who can know? But it seems to me most people want to get their honeysuckle together before they meet the one and most people's motivation for getting said honeysuckle together is deserving the one.

Latest posts

Back