Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question : Ex still texts me and emails me. She is on again off again with her current bo.

I look at the email to me last night and it is addressed like this

Catherine(myemail.com)

Proactive move to eliminate complaints from current relationship or just a really self serving move that demeans me?

Question: if a guy asks you out and you find out he doesn't really have any friends, would that make you less interested? I'm sure every girl is different, but there's this girl I see every day via work and she's absolutely beautiful. Not sure how old she is, I'm 21 gonna be 22 in April. Still living at home is kinda what's stopping me too, also I'm a virgin..

xMark6 said:
Question: if a guy asks you out and you find out he doesn't really have any friends, would that make you less interested? I'm sure every girl is different, but there's this girl I see every day via work and she's absolutely beautiful. Not sure how old she is, I'm 21 gonna be 22 in April. Still living at home is kinda what's stopping me too, also I'm a virgin..

It wouldn't make me less interested, but if you expected to be with her 24/7 and not give her any breathing room because of the lack of friends, it will cause issues.

TheRealCallie said:
xMark6 said:

It wouldn't make me less interested, but if you expected to be with her 24/7 and not give her any breathing room because of the lack of friends, it will cause issues.

Makes sense, then again, depending on someone else to be happy isn't the best thing to do. Then I'd feel like I'm using said person.

xMark6 said:
Question: if a guy asks you out and you find out he doesn't really have any friends, would that make you less interested?

Not at all.

TheRealCallie said:
but if you expected to be with her 24/7 and not give her any breathing room because of the lack of friends, it will cause issues.

^ Agreed.

Paraiyar said:
What do you expect from a partner?

Some respect, thoughtfulness, kindness, patience, care and concern and of course, love. :p
And some common ground perhaps?

Xpendable said:
What can you offer to a partner?

I think this is just about the best question that's been posed in relation to this sort of topic. Relationships of any kind are about give and take. You shouldn't expect from someone what you can't or don't intend to give in return. I think this is the first question everyone should ask themselves, especially before asking what someone else can offer them in return. A sense of self-worth plays a huge part in this equation. If you value yourself so little that you feel you can't offer anything, then it would very difficult for someone to see that in you as well. Of course, trust has to be earned though. I doubt that's something everyone would say they'd give blindly right off the bat. And love. To begin with at least.

Xpendable said:
VanillaCreme said:
By the person I'm with. He's a very negative person.

Was he like this from the beginning?

Yup.

xMark6 said:

Wouldn't bother me.

Xpendable said:

Fried chicken and hamburger steak.

Xpendable said:

Okay to answer your question seriously, I honestly doubt my capabilities in offering anything substantial to a partner at this point of time in my life. I feel like I would only bring more burden and hassle to his life if I do. I feel like a walking time bomb most of the time. I am probably being unreasonable but people always tell me that it's okay to be selfish at times. So, oh well.

So after much thought, I think I can offer (in no particular order):
- cleanliness and order;
- love, care, support;
- company;
- cooked food;
- children - although I have some reservations regarding this despite still wanting them; and
- financial support.

I can't think of anything else.

Latest posts

Back