Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love eggs. And I do think you're nuts. I am way more sane. :club:

PS I KNOW!

I know this is not the kind of question you expect here, but would any women here allow me to PM them my question for further anonymity?

Dear-_-Tragedy said:
I know this is not the kind of question you expect here, but would any women here allow me to PM them my question for further anonymity?

Yeah.

There's this female human I know, who is a very alright person. Smart, cute and nice.

Should I ask her for a date, even though I don't really have a shot? I'd enjoy going on a date with her even if it didn't amount to anything, but perhaps it'd be too weird for her?

In her shoes, what would you do if a guy you're not attracted to asks you for a date? Given that you two get along just fine otherwise.

Oldyoung said:
There's this female human I know, who is a very alright person. Smart, cute and nice.

Should I ask her for a date, even though I don't really have a shot? I'd enjoy going on a date with her even if it didn't amount to anything, but perhaps it'd be too weird for her?

In her shoes, what would you do if a guy you're not attracted to asks you for a date? Given that you two get along just fine otherwise.

I'm not a female so I probably shouldn't be answering but I'm going to give my opinion anyway:

Even if there is only a slim chance of her saying yes then that is a better probability than you not asking and missing out for sure.

Paraiyar said:
Oldyoung said:

I'm not a female so I probably shouldn't be answering but I'm going to give my opinion anyway:

Even if there is only a slim chance of her saying yes then that is a better probability than you not asking and missing out for sure.

I'm not female either, but I will say this...

I don't regret the times that I tried and fail, I regret the times that I never gave myself a chance. Take the shot... what's the worst that can happen?

user 130057 said:
Paraiyar said:
Oldyoung said:

I'm not female either, but I will say this...

I don't regret the times that I tried and fail, I regret the times that I never gave myself a chance. Take the shot... what's the worst that can happen?

lots of things can happen that are very damaging to a person.
I think serious thought should go into every 'ask out'.
Think of your feelings. Think of how it could possibly effect the other person as well.

Oldyoung said:

Apparently, you know this girl. How do you know she doesn't find you attractive? You rarely know what the other person is thinking when it comes to a relationship (at least in my opinion).

I've been asked out a few times and I never ever thought that two of them would have asked me out. I thought for sure I was way out of their league. But, they liked my personality and I made them laugh.

I say do it, but I suggest doing it casually. It always felt more natural if I asked them to do something as if I were to ask one of my buddies to do something. Good luck, Oldyoung!

Oldyoung said:

If you have to ask her out, do it quickly, don't let it linger so you get all nervous. Don't think you are not good enough for her. Make it light hearted, casually as though it doesn't mean that much. If she says 'no' remember there are thousands of women out there just as nice as her.

user 130057 said:
... what's the worst that can happen?

She feels disgusted.

He gets judged according to the nice guy creep stereotype ie. a guy who feigns friendship to hide romantic interest.

She communicates her thoughts on the matter to friends and/or colleagues; he now has a reputation amongst them an anyone else who happens to hear it as someone to be wary of. He has to wear this, maybe for years.

Negative, yes. He probably should ask her out, but...since there's no indication the interest is returned, it shouldn't be overt. Just ask her to lunch and couple of times, gauge her reaction, if it's positive, go from there.

ardour said:
user 130057 said:
... what's the worst that can happen?

She feels disgusted.

He gets judged according to the nice guy creep stereotype ie. a guy who feigns friendship to hide romantic interest.

She communicates her thoughts on the matter to friends and/or colleagues; he now has a reputation amongst them an anyone else who happens to hear it as someone to be wary of. He has to wear this, maybe for years.

Negative, yes. He probably should ask her out, but...since there's no indication the interest is returned, it shouldn't be overt. Just ask her to lunch and couple of times, gauge her reaction, if it's positive, go from there.

I agree. Asking women out can be dangerous.

Knock it off, this is "Questions for the Women" thread not "Guys come in to complain about women thread". Women have the same issues men do asking someone out.

Yeah. I appreciate guys sharing their thoughts, but I would like to hear from women as well. Since it is their perspective I want to know about essentially.

Perhaps it's not such a good idea, according to the radio-silence from the women here..

You don't ask a woman out. You extend an invitation. The difference is like day and night.

Asking a woman out: "Will you go to the movies with me?" is an invitation for awkwardness and rejection. This is the grownup equivalence of "Will you be my girlfriend? (check Yes or No)"

Simply extend an invitation.

For instance: "I am so totally going to see the new movie this weekend. I've been pumped up about it for months. Are you a fan? Would you like to come along?"

The second option (extending an invitation) allows the woman to breathe without feeling pressured or anxious. It also allows her to say "No" without it being a rejection of you personally.

Something to think about.....

Oldyoung said:
Yeah. I appreciate guys sharing their thoughts, but I would like to hear from women as well. Since it is their perspective I want to know about essentially.

Perhaps it's not such a good idea, according to the radio-silence from the women here..

Hey sorry Oldyoung, I thought I had responded, must have done it in my head, ditz I am lol.

If in her shoes I would like it. You say she isn't attracted to you that you know? Well if I wasn't attracted to a guy and got along well with and he asked me out I would definately say yes.

From my perspective and experience all the women I have known and know like being asked out by a guy.

I think your situtation sounds sweet and I say go for it, you may always wonder and you can't get without asking :).

Good luck I hope she says yes.

Oldyoung said:

I would be just really flattered if someone would ask me out even if I wouldn't be attracted to him. Feelings can change over time also, because everyone one of us have different layers in them and depending on how the current life situation is in the specific moment affects strongly us how we are feeling, thus it affects how we act with others too etc. People are different, when someone else could be freaked out, someone else could be just very delighted, you never know and if you never try then it's 100% sure you will never know, so GO FOR IT! Good luck. :]

Latest posts

Back