Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive observed your posts through the years as well. You do this. Feeling above certain people/jobs. Mass judging people based on things as stupid as a tattoo. Feeling like you should get better than others. The social class thing. You do it.

kamya said:
Ive observed your posts through the years as well. You do this. Feeling above certain people/jobs. Mass judging people based on things as stupid as a tattoo. Feeling like you should get better than others. The social class thing. You do it.

I disagree with this and I could go on, but we're getting off-topic here.  The point I was making is that in dating, this kind of thinking appears widespread.  At least it's always looked that way from where I stand.  I wish it weren't like that and people would be more understanding of social awkwardness.  I'm not socially awkward because I want to be that way or because I just suck, I'm socially awkward because I didn't get the same amount of experience most others got and now I'm trying to figure it out.

Knock it off, this thread is ""Questions for the Women" yet all I see are guys answering for women and nitpicking at each other. Stop. Keep the thread on track and take off topic discussion to PM's. Thanks.

I thought it was more a few guys having a discussion about a question that was asked earlier and already answered by a few women. Which makes it a pretty on track discussion in pretty much anyone else's books.

This post is an example of actual nitpicking. I will now "knock it off".

Paraiyar said:
What do you expect from a man in a steady relationship?

Depends on how long we've been in the relationship and to what level it has evolved to, as well as each of the party's expectations and whether or not those expectations were ever discussed. 
Lol, it depends on a LOT of things I suppose. 
Of course there are some basics, no matter what stage of a relationship. 
Respect and kindness are probably two of the main ones.

EveWasFramed said:
Paraiyar said:

Depends on how long we've been in the relationship and to what level it has evolved to, as well as each of the party's expectations and whether or not those expectations were ever discussed. 
Lol, it depends on a LOT of things I suppose. 
Of course there are some basics, no matter what stage of a relationship. 
Respect and kindness are probably two of the main ones.

I would also add honesty and the ability to communicate.  Oh and the most important one, the ability to open any jar I need opened.

Paraiyar said:

When a guy goes steady with me, I, at least, assume that it's because he sees a future with me, and so chooses to date me exclusively. So firstly, commitment (no longer testing the waters with other women). And pretty much more from him than when we were casually dating. 

- meeting and spending time with his friends/family
- being open with his feelings, fears, his past, his current life...and thus building a closer bond with me (kind of like letting me know him completely)
- participating and family/close friends events/social gatherings
- being there for me, when I need him
- making more concrete future plans (depending on how long we've been steady for) eg: getting a pet together, moving in together and sharing the rent, etc

And of course vice versa, I should offer him the same.

Paraiyar said:

Someone who knows to co-exist with me. And someone who wants to share their lives with me.

Osiris said:
Pick up lines? Cute and Funny or annoying and sleazy?

I don't think they're needed, unless he can do it in a very charming way that doesn't make it look cheesy.

Latest posts

Back