Quitting my job cause I need a break...good idea?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A distant relative was once jailed for racketeering. I guess that is this ? I dont know... I dont know details but he is still in jail i think :D

Maybe these websites are allowed because it is not the united states on there.

I guess there would be some math involved- figuring out statistics.

eris said:
A distant relative was once jailed for racketeering. I guess that is this ? I dont know... I dont know details but he is still in jail i think :D

Maybe these websites are allowed because it is not the united states on there.

I guess there would be some math involved- figuring out statistics.

"Racketeering" is a broad term that refers to a variety of illegal activities: extortion, illegal gambling, prostitution, fencing of stolen goods...etc. And I think someone has to be involved in a variety of "rackets" to get charged with that. But yeah, the people you go to for illegal betting are "racketeers."

Was that distant relative of yours referred to as a "connected guy" or an "associate"?

I dont know much :(

A cousin owned a bar, and there he took bets for something ( I really dont know what ) , but it was small time. He got like over 10 years I think.
Small time stuff. its like in that part of the family. I dont know them very well I just hear the gossip/.

eris said:
I dont know much :(

A cousin owned a bar, and there he took bets for something ( I really dont know what ) , but it was small time. He got like over 10 years I think.
Small time stuff. its like in that part of the family. I dont know them very well I just hear the gossip/.

I read your post before you edited...something to do with someone getting 7 years for a crime that's worse than gambling:(

oh, ha. yeah. his dad, my uncle, he murdered someone and did 7 years. I dont know the detail of that either. It probably had something to do with this sort of thing I think

i said it because I think it is really weak that my cousin is doing more time for illegal gambling than murder

I hate stuff like that :( I dont really know these people - my mothers family, but I saw my uncle ( the murderer. that happened in the 70s ) at a funeral recently and he told me about the racketeering :( briefly

If you can afford it from a financial standpoint, I say go for it. What would be holding you back otherwise? I wish I could quit my job, move to another state, and chill for a minute while looking for work without a sense of urgency. I want to move on to something else that will bring in the money but I have to be very careful about it. I could go from living comfortably to being poor quickly if I don't handle it with extreme care.

I think if you are that unhappy then maybe you should quit the job.....I think it's tricky these days as loads of employers have this complex that because there isn't so many jobs people should be greatful that they actually have a job.

Despite all this, we should all look after number one...we all deserve to be happy, and if you are determined enough you will get the job that you like...There is no point having a job if your home life is affected, becuase then your work life will also be affected...and then you will just be going around in circles.

Latest posts

Back