Quotes that Strike you

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

I'm interested to see what quotes...touch people.

So tell me some of the quotes that mean a lot to you, or are your favorites!

Here's one of my favorites: "Only in the darkest of nights can you see the stars."

- Dave Pelzer

"with every action there's a reaction"
some dude that said ......
"fresia..fresia god **** matha freaken apple hit me on my freaken head"

And Acceptence is the answer to all my problems today.
When I am distrubed, it is becuase I find some person, place, things or situation
-some fact fof life- unacceptiable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept
that person,place, things, or situation as being exactly the way it is suppose to be
at this moment. Nothing absolutley nothing happens in God's world by mistake.
Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober, unless I accept life
completely in life's terms, I cannot be happy. I needed to consentrate not so much
on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be change is me
and in my attitude.

Perhaps the best thing of all of me is to remember that my serenity is inversely
proportional to my expectations. The higher my expectations of Max (wife) and
other people are, the lower is my serenity. I can watch my serenity level rise when
I discard my expectations. But my " RIGHTS" try to move in, and they too can force
my serenity level down. I have to discard my "rights" as well as my expectations,
by asking myself. How important is it, really ???. How important is it compared to my
serenity, my emotional soberiety ??? And when I place more value on my serenity
and soberiety than anything else. I can maintain them at a higher level- at least for the
time being.

Acceptence is the key to my relationship with GOD today. I never just sit and do nothing
while waiting for god to tell me what to do. Rather I do whatever is in front of me to be done.
And I leave the results up to god, however it turns out,that's god's will for me.....

...famouse page 449 quotes or readings.

"Acceptence is a son of a mother fucken *****"- LonesomeCrow.

Jenni read those quotes to me the last time I held her on my arms..:(
I always told her "if I can stay sober i can do anything"
It was the hardest thing I had to do in my life.

If I can somehow accept her passing (life on life's terms) without getting fresia up out of my fucken mind,
which is the hardest thing I ever had to do up to this piont of my life.
Surely, I can accept alot of people, places, things, or stiuations as they are at the moment.
Just for today...anyway.

"Where I come from, you get smacked around for talkin' like that"

XD

i'll probably post again with a more serious quote.

“I want his three children to know: Wa’nt nothin’ strange about your daddy. It was strange what your daddy had to deal with.”

-- Al Sharpton at Michael Jackson's memorial

"But I will never stop helping and loving people the way Jesus said to."

-Michael Jackson

"A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act."

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
I try my best :D

-Mahatma Gandhi

"I want to be the white man's brother, not his brother-in-law."

"That old law about 'an eye for an eye' leaves everybody blind. The time is always right to do the right thing."

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."

-Martin Luther King Jr

"There is something very unhealthy about Christianity." ummm, ok? :p that one always makes me laugh.

"Had Charles Martel not been victorious at Poitiers -already, you see, the world had already fallen into the hands of the Jews, so gutless a thing Christianity! -then we should in all probability have been converted to Mohammedanism (Islam), that cult which glorifies the heroism and which opens up the seventh Heaven to the bold warrior alone. Then the Germanic races would have conquered the world. Christianity alone prevented them from doing so."

"Had the Arabs won the battle, the world would be Mohammedan (Islamic) today. For theirs was a religion that believed in spreading the faith by the sword and subjugating all nations to that faith. The Germanic peoples would have become heirs to that religion. Such a creed was perfectly suited to the Germanic temperament."

-Adolf Hitler

"If it’s true that our species is alone in the universe, then I’d have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"I love and treasure individuals as I meet them; I loathe and despise the groups they identify with and belong to."

- George Carlin

"We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it."
-The Breakfast Club

"History was written by those who hanged the heroes."
-Braveheart

"I am ready to meet my maker. Whether my maker is prepared to meet me is another matter."
-Winston Churchill

"Boy, there's a demon for everything!"
-Anonymous

"Man cannot make a worm, yet he will make gods by the dozen."
-Michel Eyquem de Montaigne

"Ouch! You Hit me in the dick! You're glad it wasn't hard....this thing, not my dick!"
-Tourettes Guy ^_^

Twitchy said:
"I love and treasure individuals as I meet them; I loathe and despise the groups they identify with and belong to."

- George Carlin

I love that one.

One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes a revolution in order to establish a dictatorship.

- George Orwell

In this lifetime or the next, we will be together.

"When God takes something from your grasp, he's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to recieve something better."

"Don't bunt. Aim out of the ballpark." -David Ogilvy

"To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -William Shakepeare

"Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." -Terry Pratchett

"The permanent temptation of life is to confuse dreams with reality. The permanent defeat of life comes when dreams are surrendered to reality." -James Michener

"And for anybody who's on the down side of advantage and relying purely on courage, it's possible." -Russell Crowe

"We don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here." -Susan Taylor

"You see things; and you say, "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"' -George Bernard Shaw

"When life gives you lemons, chunk it right back." -Bill Watterson, from 'Calvin and Hobbes'

I Love Calving and Hobbes!!

"I'm a simple man, Hobbes."
"You?? Yesterday you wanted a nuclear powered car that could turn into a jet with laser-guided heat-seeking missiles!"
"I'm a simple man with complex tastes."

Latest posts

Back