Racist?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimberleykat

Reaction score
I am kimmakappa from the chat if you dont know me.
I knew Ovid from this forum and after a year or so I moved to Perth, Australia to be with him and to further my study. So I am currently and international student in a university here....
And unfortunately I am the only international student in this major and everyone else is white.
I didnt expect it would be this hard to make friends here.
Neither did i expect that some people here could be this unfriendly and arrogant.
I have cried a couple of times because of the way they treat me.
Well you may see this to be a lil bit exaggerating but what I feel right now its only traces of racism...
Classmates that have had to talked to me in group discussion or something similar dont want to say hello to me while in the same situation they greet with each other if the person is white. If I smile at them they will simply ignore me. How horrible is that..
On top of that, everyone seems to be very stand offish from me. But I can easily tell that many of them have alreadly made friends.
I am always alone on campus because I dont really have a choice.
Somebody tell me why the fresia is this happening to me?
:(
So lonely.....

Racism is awful. When I was a kid, my mom and I were the Asian population where I lived. I got called a lot of dumb names and was asked stupid questions. Now as a mom, I have to try and help my daughter deal with people who pick on her for being half black. Hope you can figure out a way to make a friend or two. It can be rough!

It happens. I didnt even know WTF racism, biggotry, dicrimination was until I imergrated to the USA as a child over 35 years ago. Back when it pretty narely too.
I was the only asian kid in school which made my childhood amazing intertaining for crul white kids.
They fun of how I looked. Spoke and whatever..
I got picked on, bullied. Id get into fights but always get blames for it.

It was really bad when adults treated me that way too. I remeber a man chasing me in a toy store wanting to physially hurted me..Lots of verbals abused at the very least.

it effected my self esteem constanlty being getting the beat me down

even into my adulthooo I was always treted like a second class citizen or less than.

I'm so sorry Kim!!! :(
Growing up as an Asian in predominantly White neighbourhood, schools etc - I was bullied a lot for my race.
People can be so narrow-minded to anything that is different to them.
I believe that there is a lot that can be learned from people who are different than us.
It's horrible to go through and it hurts to be excluded.
Are there any school clubs or groups that you could join?
Don't blame yourself...stay awesome and anyone worth your friendship will appreciate you for you!
Stay strong!

But You Know me. I like women.
By default I had to date white chicks cuase theres wasnt any asian chicks avaliable.lol

The thing of it is...my first GF was a totally hawt blonde. And I always get
pretty white chciks. So the white dudes
would pick on me more or peer pressure
would get to my GFs. I grew up in SoCal.

It got turn up into overdrive when I got station in fucken TX.lmao
Like WTF????
My in laws told me stright up that they hated me just for the sake of hating me..but the thing of it is...My EXWF Michelle asked me out...cuaz I ma smexy :p
I was thinking to myself when her parent to me that....
"I dont really give a fresia..cuase your dughter is ******* the living honeysuckle out of me ..if U push it..I ma start ******* her in your bed"..hahahahaa
Yes my in laws destroy my marred at all cuase...
But my duaghter is super sexy...shes half white N thai...Pasty face white boys be chasing after her cuase she exotic.

Its the same story with Reane and her family.. Our daughter is super sexy :p

I recently move to Northern Nevada to ber with Renae....

I was the only asain dude in town again.lmao

I just dont give a fresia...
Reane and I used to go out dancing...
I was with the pretties woman in the bar or almost in town..Matha fucken pastie face white boyz just be be watching me with a jaw drop reactions. Lmao
whatdosnt kill me or wanna kill me will make stroger????
honeysuckle Dont know about that.

I have a major fucken attitude problem.lmao

Also - make sure you surround yourself with positivity and people who support and love you!
At one point, I started believing that my race *was* the problem...it isn't! It's people's ignorance and prejudice! It took me so long to realize that.
You're adorable and a sweet girl!

EDIT: That pisses me off so much...I wanna go beat them up!!! unun
girlwithbazooka.jpg

(((((KIMMA))))) I hate racism (mad) And honestly I think that it's a feeling very rare to a person being looked down cos of race. So it's not something a lot of people understand, even as a common subject as it is. It's not only being felt differentiated cos of your race, it's being felt inferior, embarrassing and low-class. and that's what sucks. But I do understand it's something that is everywhere and unfortunately, we're part of the people who have to go through or have our own share of it. It sucks, but just know that you are accepted here and that you have friends who love you and care for you. And those close minded, arrogant, bastards can kiss their shiny assess off and feel dominant cos of something so trivial as skin color, they're living in a bubble thinking they're so mighty. Even if they have cool aussie accents it doesnt give them the right to treat you like that and every other people with different race. It goes to show how ignorant they are! hmmp >.<

P.S. I am only referring to the people Kimma is talking about. >.>

I went through the samething as Luna..
But I had double jeapordy...
My step father is one crazy white dude
of an alcholic...so Id get beat me down
at home too....

It really had to work on my selfesteem.mental health or pyscholgy.
Lots of negative honeysuckle got put into my head...Dont run with it s much anymore.

When Im feeling down..those old feelings still comes up ..but I know its just old feelings.

Theres nothing wrong wtth me...
I know this today....
if people dont like me...they can go jump off a fucken cliff...
My happiness . Well being and self worth dosnt depend on what other say or think about me.

Yes I still get treated badly from time to time...just becuase. But it dosnt effect me as much anymore. Or Ill bascally just cut those people out of life or stay away from them....Not everyone is hateful.

Even my daughter kimmie ..as beautiful as she is. Shell still have to deal with hatful people.

As a teenager she never fit in becuase
of who she is.

She has her moments of weakness just like everyone
At the sametime she has my DNA in her.
She donst care too much what other people thing or say about her.
From her piont of view she was getting the beat me down wheather she did right or wrong.
There are so many things Kimmie and I have in common. I dont fully understand
her..but I love her very much.

Love her or hate her. Kimmie is Kimimie
Shes a very gentle loving soul..

Hi Kim,

I feel so sorry for you. I have read through your older posts and have looked at your webpage, and I can imagine how hard your situation is. It's not fair that people can be so reluctant to appreciate how brave, valuable person and friend you are. But I believe it will change soon, and that there are already a bunch of friendly people around you, who may just be to shy or anxious to show their feelings.

Racism is a terrible thing, but in most cases is relatively easy to overcome. As soon as your colleagues realize that any superficial differences are irrelevant, you'll quickly become their favourite friend.

I'm too studying abroad and I find it hard to find my place. I guess, that because I'm from another country, I may never fit perfectly among others. However, I would love to and I'm doing my best.

Best wishes!

PS what are you studying, if I may ask?

You have my sympathies; I had to deal with similar situations and the sense of unwelcome alienation as well. Look for people in similar situations - possibly other exchange students to start with and try to find people who have common interests that will force them to overlook initial differences. Most of all, do not take it out on yourself - their ignorance is not your fault.

I'm sorry to hear that. I also know what you're going through. I am not white either, I have brown skin and even some people of my origin tell me that I am quite too dark for someone of them. Actually it is not really true but I wonder why even people of any country react to darker skin color so hostile. Well, let's say that's my experience. Even in my own family I often heard I was too dark and ugly and also from white people and my teachers at school. I wasn't the only foreign girl in school but still even the white and "my own people" mocked me and attacked me. I think kids can be cruel, I was a shy kid and started crying instantly when someone was rude to me, maybe that was also an invitation for some people. I don't know.

Still, whenever that happens to me I am shocked to my bones and I still don't understand how my skin color can cause so much aggressiveness. It's just ridiculous. Seen people who try to go to tanning studios and getting darker than me but disliking me for my natural skin color. LOL. Just ridiculous. I just think to myself that these people are stupid and have lower self esteems themselves. So that's not really my problem. Try to live your life and don't allow them to break you. I know it's not easy but it's possible.

HUGS

Ah racism, a plague on humanity. Doesn't matter which country you are in, there will be racist people. People can be cruel. Although, while it is inevitable to meet racist people; there are many people out there who don't care about race. You just have to do the best with what you have. Continue talking and smiling to people, you will eventually meet some people who don't mind if your Asian.

All you have to do is keep trying. :D

Them not realizing your full potential is their loss!

nerdygirl said:
Now as a mom, I have to try and help my daughter deal with people who pick on her for being half black.
I am glad to see you are not actually able to help your daughter thru it...I wish I could handle it well..

Thanks for sharing your experience with me...
And I really like your signature. Maybe I should think it that way and do what I need to do and what I feel like doing and fresia the others.
I cant believe that as an international student Im going thru all this honeysuckle..
and those asians or asian heritage ones who had to go thru hard times in their childhool, I think you are all very brave..

Luna said:
Don't blame yourself...stay awesome and anyone worth your friendship will appreciate you for you!
Stay strong!
Yeah Ill try to join some club or group or something that dont seem to be excluding asian ppl >_<
and I hope if I stay strong and confident and keep trying there will be friends who will like me : /
hopefully...: /

thanks floffa...:)
you can always make me feel better..(hug)
Sometimes its a horrible feeling when I really try to contemplate ignoring racism around me, I find that it is probably a deeply rooted problem within our own race.. I mean why are there so many teenagers/young generation being raised as racists by their family members passing on this stupid notion? Why isnt this situation "true" in china? Barely anyone is told to look down upon other races. But almost everyone is told that the white race is excellent and many chinese grow up admiring them!
This is ridiculous...They actually have a reason to not repect chinese cuz chinese sometimes just sucks. They are not proud to be chinese..

kimberleykat said:
nerdygirl said:
Now as a mom, I have to try and help my daughter deal with people who pick on her for being half black.
I am glad to see you are not actually able to help your daughter thru it...I wish I could handle it well..

Thanks for sharing your experience with me...
And I really like your signature. Maybe I should think it that way and do what I need to do and what I feel like doing and fresia the others.
I cant believe that as an international student Im going thru all this honeysuckle..
and those asians or asian heritage ones who had to go thru hard times in their childhool, I think you are all very brave..

Luna said:
Stay strong!
Yeah Ill try to join some club or group or something that dont seem to be excluding asian ppl >_<
and I hope if I stay strong and confident and keep trying there will be friends who will like me : /
hopefully...: /

thanks floffa...:)
you can always make me feel better..(hug)
Sometimes its a horrible feeling when I really try to contemplate ignoring racism around me, I find that it is probably a deeply rooted problem within our own race.. I mean why are there so many teenagers/young generation being raised as racists by their family members passing on this stupid notion? Why isnt this situation "true" in china? Barely anyone is told to look down upon other races. But almost everyone is told that the white race is excellent and many chinese grow up admiring them!
This is ridiculous...They actually have a reason to not repect chinese cuz chinese sometimes just sucks. They are not proud to be chinese..

I think the Chinese in China are very racists. They tell other Chinese who are born in other countries that they are not Chinese just because they are not 'made' in China. Chinese also look down on dark skinned people because they think they're not good enough. I think every race is racist. EVERY.

Hey,
I am studying urban and regional planning in Perth.
Where do you live and study? if I may ask..
And thanks for what you said...Its very encouraging and it means a lot.
For now the only think I am able to do its just ignore the honeysuckle outta racism x_x
But I get tried in trying to make friends so easily: when I feel hurt I tend to say fresia it and just stop trying..
but every morning I wake up and put a big smile on my face for everyone I might come across in the classroom.
But I dont get many sincere smiles back...
Im trying my best in all aspects I can think of.
But its very exhausting and usually this effort ends up in vain.
However I believe that if I can go over everything related to racism and study well (Im currently having difficulties in my studies too oh god...) I can prove that Im stronger than those "racists".
On top of that I also have to learn to be less sensitive towards things like that..just ignore it as they ignore me.

*HUG*
at least its possible....
Don't give up the hope.

IgnoredOne said:
. Most of all, do not take it out on yourself - their ignorance is not your fault.
I like this part. Its not MY fault.

Kimma,

Stay strong! Focus on your studies and remember to surround yourself with positive things! People suck so much...but it's not your fault. You have a nice smile and you're so sweet so if other people are so shallow to ignore you because of your race - they're not worth your time.
A lot of people have trouble making friends...good friends don't come easy.
If it's not race it's something else. We all just need to find people that appreciate us for who we are. :)

beans said:
I think the Chinese in China are very racists. They tell other Chinese who are born in other countries that they are not Chinese just because they are not 'made' in China. Chinese also look down on dark skinned people because they think they're not good enough. I think every race is racist. EVERY.

When I vacationed in China...I was looked down upon quite a bit because I don't speak Mandarin.
"You are not a real Chinese!" "Disgrace to Chinese!" "An embarassment to Chinese and the culture" "How can you call yourself Chinese?"
Like...if I can't call myself Chinese, then what should I call myself? I call myself Canadian and then get told that I am not a full Canadian but a Canadian-Chinese...um...but I shouldn't be allowed to call myself Chinese either?
I obviously can't call myself White, Black, Latin, etc.
The men seemed fascinated with me - I suppose they must have thought I was "exotic"?
I also did not fit any of the clothing because I'm much larger than the people there (5'4, 130 lbs) and was made fun of for my big feet size in an elevator hotel by a group of middle-aged women in Mandarin.
I may not speak it (I speak something else that no one there speaks), but I can sometimes get bits of it because the Chinese languages/ dialects are somewhat similar sometimes.

Honestly, I would NOT want to live in China - NEVER GOING BACK - nor do I even go to mainly Chinese-speaking events (The temples, Chinatown etc) because everyone there is speaking Mandarin and Cantonese and I get excluded or looked down upon for not knowing the language. They look at me like I'm stupid for not knowing my people's own language...but I do speak Chinese...just not Mandarin or Cantonese.

I get that a lot from some of my elders in my family...they call me Banana (Yellow on the outside, White on the inside) though it's more like a joke so I don't take offense. But I've been laughed at plenty of times...if they wanted me to be able to speak, write etc Chinese - well why didn't they put me in Chinese school like all the other Chinese people I know?
Also to note - I have no interest in learning Mandarin or Cantonese.
The Chinese dialect that I know - my family speaks that instead!
They don't even speak Mandarin or Cantonese to each other!
They simply know it.

Some people just can't be accepted anywhere. :p

(I went on a rant...I apologize...x_x)

I've also went to a few Meetups...and I noticed that there's a lot of Asians there. There's even a lot of Asians on this forum. Every Asian that I know has been bullied...I think we're collectively not aggressive enough. In my school, no one would bully the other races because they'd speak out against it and it is considered "racist"...but for Asians; it seems like people seem to think it is acceptable and we don't do enough to fight back IMO.

kimberleykat said:
Hey,
I am studying urban and regional planning in Perth.
Where do you live and study? if I may ask..
And thanks for what you said...Its very encouraging and it means a lot.
For now the only think I am able to do its just ignore the honeysuckle outta racism x_x
But I get tried in trying to make friends so easily: when I feel hurt I tend to say fresia it and just stop trying..
but every morning I wake up and put a big smile on my face for everyone I might come across in the classroom.
But I dont get many sincere smiles back...
Im trying my best in all aspects I can think of.
But its very exhausting and usually this effort ends up in vain.
However I believe that if I can go over everything related to racism and study well (Im currently having difficulties in my studies too oh god...) I can prove that Im stronger than those "racists".
On top of that I also have to learn to be less sensitive towards things like that..just ignore it as they ignore me.

*HUG*
at least its possible....
Don't give up the hope.

chemistry in England, but more for fun.

I'm white though. I don't feel any proud of it, but shame. Although to some extent I'm proud to be European, when I think that almost all we have achieved here was at the cost of exploitation of other nations, I do feel truly ashamed.

Being white means also that I witness other white people talking about other nationalities and ethnic groups. It hurts. I spent some time in the past researching ethnic and religious minorities and I'm aware how damaging effect racism and xenophobia can have on individuals. Many of my friends experienced hatred, because they were different. Luckily, it doesn't seem to be so widespread here in England, and I barely meet any students who don't have non-white friends.

Anyway, I can't complain on my situation comparing myself to others, but racism can be very subtle, and still very powerful.

I don't think you need to prove that you're stronger, because you already are. I can't imagine how brave you must be to be able to stay whole year in such environment. I'd give up after couple weeks, I guess.

Take great care of yourself!

(still feel your hugs ;)

kimberleykat said:
IgnoredOne said:
. Most of all, do not take it out on yourself - their ignorance is not your fault.
I like this part. Its not MY fault.
I agree, it's true and good to remember

Man I love Asian girls. I'd totally be going out of my way to make sure they were near me at every possible opportunity if I were still in school.

Is that a fetish or racism?

Limlim said:
Man I love Asian girls. I'd totally be going out of my way to make sure they were near me at every possible opportunity if I were still in school.

Is that a fetish or racism?

i'm afraid it qualifies as rasism ;) whether it is fetishism it depends ;)

well if it helps I'm probably only talking about the cute ones, though I find the majority of them to be that way.

Latest posts

Back