Racist?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry to hear this kim.

as an 'australian' or more poignantly as a 'human', i can only apologize for what i assume is a state of mental vacuum some suffer from, tis more the pity these moleskis fire up their cylinders even when so severly disabled.

i'm just putting up my hand to counterbalance the loud wave of thick.

on your side :)

Limlim said:
well if it helps I'm probably only talking about the cute ones, though I find the majority of them to be that way.

no it does not help.

You sure? Doesn't it have to encompass an entire race to be racism rather than being selective to specific attributes?

Limlim said:
You sure? Doesn't it have to encompass an entire race to be racism rather than being selective to specific attributes?

How do you think a non cute Asian would feel then?

That she is doomed. Because lo and behold, AGAIN, it's all about a pretty face.

And don't tell me beauty is subjective.

I think people who only like pretty faces or hot women are just as bad as racism, if not, worse.

beans said:
Limlim said:

I think people who only like pretty faces or hot women are just as bad as racism, if not, worse.

but limlim is perfect :(

beans said:
Limlim said:

What does that have to do with anything? I was asking if it was racist or not, not sexist or shallow or whatever. I already know I'm a pig when it comes to certain things, but I don't think I'd enjoy adding being a racist to the list of my faults.

Lim you taco eating *******.

Oh and racism or any kind of bias is just plain stupid. I don't know you very well Kimma, but the times I've seen you in chat you seemed to be a lovely person. Just keep trying, the people who are worth being friends with will eventually stand out.

Racism is stupidity. I believe their is alot we can learn from each other, and many mutually beneficial projects we can complete working together. Put aside differences and compare similaritys. I don't care if your gay, lesbian, black, chinese, japanese.etc if i like your personality and aspirations i will be your friend.

Limlim said:
beans said:
Limlim said:

What does that have to do with anything? I was asking if it was racist or not, not sexist or shallow or whatever. I already know I'm a pig when it comes to certain things, but I don't think I'd enjoy adding being a racist to the list of my faults.

No, limlim, you're not racist and you did not give any reason to be called so. I don't know about the pig though, but it's you who said that :) Personal preferences are absolutely fine, but problems start when they are discussed or manifested in public. They can be harmful for some, like non-cute Asians or non-Asian girls, and I agree with the point stated by beans. Anyway, in the context of the original post, I believe that by talking about cute Asians, you didn't mean to discriminate against non-cute Asian or non-Asian girls, but to reassure Kim that she is attractive (most likely in many areas) and to say that we can't understand how she can be so ignored :)

Limlim said:
Man I love Asian girls. I'd totally be going out of my way to make sure they were near me at every possible opportunity if I were still in school.

Is that a fetish or racism?

Why would you need to do that? Aren't you Asian yourself?

Hi Kim,

if that can comfort you, I am white (not that to me ever made any silly difference) and last year I went to a full time course and there was always someone ignoring me, and they were white too. I just did the same to them and went onto my own business. But at times like these, we have to be careful not to withdraw from other people. So although I ignore who ignores me, I also keep 'the door open' to whoever wants to be my friend (and basically, if someone is an honest person, he can be my friend).

Whatever the colour, we all go through some degree of 'rejection'. I am not trying to diminish your pain and the feeling of insult , but at the same time, remember.....who cares about what other people think? Especially if they are racists, because it's so stupid to be racist.

I lived until I was 20 in a small Italian town and then immigrated to the UK, I have never been a stupid racist and never will be, I have met people from various countries and from various walks of life and never understood how someone can judge a person because of appeareance.
It's just so ridicolous and mentally obtuse. I judge a person according to his actions, not according to his appeareance.

Whatever the colour, I too go through some degree of racism....sometimes I hear things like 'I don't like Italians' and I think 'Uh? Did this guy eat a bad pizza? ' Or maybe he believe we all are like these gangster movies ? :)

I have studied and read quite a bit of material about self-esteem and assertiveness, but when sometimes I feel down, I remember than the world is not just made of stupid people...and how could I take seriously someone who doesn't know me and judges me just because of my colour, appeareance, origins ,etc?

Come on, I can't take him or her seriously ;) I just think they are a pathetic joke.

Whatever you do, don't try to avoid people. I made that mistake for years, and deeply regret it now. Remember, there are good people too. They can't be all ignorant and stupid :)

I know that you don't know me from a hole in the wall ma'am, but I'm truly sorry to hear about your situation. Racism has been around 5 years longer than God for Christ's sake. As appalling as it is, it's just one of the components of life. I know these words might not solve your problem, but the fact that you had the courage to post about such a dire situation shows that you have heart. Don't let the racists of the world make you bitter. If you lose your good heart, to bitterness, you will never get it back.

Latest posts

Back