Rant, high heels.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit that they're super sexy :p
But it wouldn't make that much of a difference to me.
Plus would you want a guy who only pays attention to you for this?

If you don't want to use them, don't.
It's probably best for your health anyway.

Runciter said:
Was she wearing heels when she sprained her ankle? :p

Sounds like she's just venting some anger on you, I wouldn't take it personally. If I were you I would apologize to her for your part in the argument but also let her know that what she did was uncalled for. Sooner is better than latter, don't give her time to start harbouring some kind of grudge.
Runciter said:
No, she was wearing flip flops.

I don't feel I owe her an apology because if I do, she won't admit her wrong in the argument and I'm left to take all the responsibility and that's not fair. I think the best way to handle this is probably to just let it go. It's been played out, we'll probably be on speaking terms soon. Can 2 friends really be mad at each other forever over petty things like this? I wouldn't and I don't think she would be either.

Speaking as someone with a foot fetish, I'd rather have beautiful feet than mutilated feet. Feet can be sexy in sandals.

As for the rest of it, just be yourself. That's all you have to be.

I think high heels are sexy but in the end they aren't a big deal. It's really personality and how approachable you are. There is a lady at the newspaper I work with who is stacked and always wears the sexiest clothes and high heels. But she is very snobby and unfriendly.

It really depends on the the man's taste. I used to like for my ex-wife to wear heels because they looked really hot on her, but the first time I met her she was a big hippie and kind of messy and it was her personality that drew me to her.

I don't think I even saw her in heels until we were dating for six months.

I mean I have a friend who gives me similar advice. She told me to cut my hair and come it like that guy on "Mad Men" and to wear button up shirts so I look like I'd be a good provider. But that's just her taste in men. I can look nice in a suit with a neat haircut but I feel a bit uncomfortable and I feel like that affects the way I carry myself.

I think the most important thing as far as attracting men is to be warm and happy. Someone who smiles at you and seems affectionate is much better than someone who is cold and off-putting, no matter how hot they are.

Looks fade.

It's really about feeling good about yourself from the inside and doing something you love. That will shine through and attract other people.

When I was growing up my biggest crush was Kathleen Hannah from Bikini Kill. She dressed all grungy and not feminine at all but she was cool as hell and made awesome music.

Same with Courtney Love. I actually stopped finding her attractive when she started wearing heels and getting all done up. When she was just a grungy punk rocker she was hot as hell though.

Look your friend was right, some guys like high-heels so wear make sure your wear one on one foot, but other guys don't so on the other foot wear a sandal.

Also some guys like blonde hair, so dye one half blonde, but other guys find red heads sexy, so half red. Maybe have the back of your hair auburn as well?

Now some guys like dresses, so wear a dress, but not all guys, so wear a casual top on one half.

Right make-up, well some guys like it, so better have some on one half. But other guys don't - so one half all natural.

There. You will be irresistible to the opposite sex now for sure!

Your friend isn't giving you advice, she's trying to change you. There is a fine line between the two, and when your friend got angry, she crossed it.

As for the heels, I don't care what kind of shoes a woman is wearing. I guess some men might, but I doubt its nearly as important as your friend thinks.

Locke said:
Your friend isn't giving you advice, she's trying to change you. There is a fine line between the two, and when your friend got angry, she crossed it.

Yeah, exactly. There's a very fine line between trying to help someone and forcing them to change to fit into what you think is right. It's one thing to suggest, "Oh, maybe jazz yourself up a bit by wearing some heels, or some earrings, or maybe a nice little dress." That would be fine by me, but when people don't accept, it can quickly become a heated argument, and then feelings get hurt.

Latest posts

Back