Rant! - Okay, it's come to the point now... I *want* and *need* friends!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dove

Reaction score
Hmmphf.

I think I've been denying this for a while now, stopping myself from posting, but it's so true, I just have this aching void inside of me where I just feel so flippin' lonely, so like I don't have anyone I'm truly close to except from my partner... I just want what I used to have - Friends. Even just *A* good friend. I don't want rubbishy friendships... Aquaintance-like ones... I want to bond with someone, laugh with someone, I want someone to want to talk to me as much as I want to talk to them.... Even if it's online! *sigh*

Heh, I suppose this feeling really showed itself to me when I asked my ex-best friend (Known her since I was about 3yrs old) who is miles away at uni most of the time, to visit me on the weekend she was only a few minutes away when she came home for a bit. I got an acknowledgement, but no answer. I felt so rejected :/

And then there were the friends I met online a while back - They don't talk to me much any more. Seemed to of happened since they found out I was big (I weighed 126lbs when they first met me, now weigh 250lbs) People move on, constantly, and I always seem to get left behind, missing what was, wanting it again, but never getting it back.

I'm introverted, I have low-self esteem, but I really do thrive off genuine social interaction.. And I have so much to give too - I love just as much being a friend as having a friend. I just have a lot of love inside me, desperate to get out! xD

So... I've posted here. I suppose I haven't got anything to lose.

I'm 19, British, I love helping people, animals (I have two cats), comedies, fantasy/adventure novels, MMORPGs, psychology, photography, blogging, drawing, horse-riding, camping...

I don't know what else to say really other than... I hope I find some people as needy as me who are willing to give being friends with me a go :)

Comment here, PM me if you like, I'm on most social networks and have MSN and all that so what you have, I could quite possibly have too.

hello! I would be happy to be your friend! especially because you were so nice to me in one of my posts :)

i have just been a little busy lately with college and im trying to get a job, but i will still be online enough of the time to chat! (hopefully around the same time you are online!)

I know how you feel about the best friend thing...

I had a best friend since i was about 6...we were so close and we always talked etc etc... and just last year we went to a waterpark and to me it felt like she didnt really care i was there, and the same thing happened when i went to her birthday party. long story short, I found out that she had been telling lies to mutual acquaintances about me and i found out. when i confronted her about it she instantly got defensive but i said i wasnt angry... i was just really, really hurt. anyway, she never talks to me anymore and so i guess that is that.

i am a little overweight myself lol but that's okay! i am happy with who i am and i am sure that you are pretty :)

i also thrive off of social interaction, it makes me feel so much more alive when i feel connected with someone and can talk to a person i feel truly understands me and cares about what im saying.

as for self esteem... well, im pretty insecure about myself sometimes, but mostly with people i know. i have this worry that they will eventually find a reason to not like me anymore, but i dont let that bother me too much hehe

I love animals also! most of the pets I've had have been birds <3 they are so cute!

I love fantasy/adventure/romance stories! i write some myself in my spare time~ they might not be very good, but its really fun! MMORPGs are also a huge hobby of mine! :D i havent played any lately though.

horse riding! i always wanted to learn that but i was too lazy lol.

anyways this post was pretty long! im probably going to sleep really soon because its nearly 6:30 AM where i live and im finally starting to get tired lol.

hope to talk to you soon! ^^

Well if you meant online friends, then I can be one I guess lol. Although I am not so fast in replying to pms and all (maybe cos of my ADD), I will try my best to keep the friendship going.

Dove and Merieth, if you haven't already done so, you should come and check out the chat room. We'd enjoy your company :)

Hey Dove, I would definitely like to talk to you. You seem nice. However I am in this real political kick that I need to get out of.

I am not to good with pm's as I tend to come and go for the site. But if you have an msn messenger you pretty much have access to me 16 hours a day.

Latest posts

Back