Red Dwarf

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bluey

Anyone see the new one?

Honestly this was my all time favorite program and I used to sit in front of the TV pissing myself at the show. When I heard they was making a new one I nearly wet my pants lol. What a disappointment :( So far am not impressed.

Not sure if I just don't find honeysuckle that funny anymore but I think maybe there just trying to hard to act but with out the funny material they once had.

Hope it gets better.

The old one :)
[youtube]RZslRQvv5zM[/youtube]

I used to stay up until 1 AM midnight so I could watch it on PBS hen I was in high school. One of the best sitcom ever made.

Init!

I think maybe I was just expecting to much from the new one. The old serious is a hard act to fallow. I don't see how they could ever improve on that. The thing that's really bugging me is the cat just don't seem cool anymore lol

I love red dwarf it was so funny, sigh they just don't play it here in Australia but it is definately on my list of programmes to watch. Sad things with remakes is that they just don't live up to the original one.

I suspect i am watch a different Red Dwarf.
iztj0j.jpg

samba101 said:
Sad things with remakes is that they just don't live up to the original one.

Yes, I think this is it really.

Minus said:
I suspect i am watch a different Red Dwarf.
iztj0j.jpg

lol Minus, I suspect that also with you :p hah

although rimmer is a complete smeghead i do love red dwarf series, i was glad to here they were making a few more episodes as well.

activating lie mode now: i do hope they continue to make them though, as it will surely become bigger then it once was in the 90's. lol

I liked the new one. It wasn't classic Dwarf but it had a lot to live up to. The first episode of the three was pants, though. I think it was scene setting for the next two episodes. I would still rather watch it than most of the crap on tv these days.

I've seen westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.

Dry white wine and perrier please!

I haven't seen the new episodes, but neither did I like the last series of Red Dwarf before it was cancelled, on the rebuilt Red Dwarf. Those were awful in comparison to what had gone before.

Van Hooligan said:
although rimmer is a complete smeghead i do love red dwarf series, i was glad to here they were making a few more episodes as well.

activating lie mode now: i do hope they continue to make them though, as it will surely become bigger then it once was in the 90's. lol

lol

The first show of the new series was a bit of a smeg-up I think.

I loved this show. I used to watch Red Dwarf and Doctor Who every Saturday night on my local PBS station.

I didn't know they made a new series. I'll have to check it out one day. Hopefully it's not like that awful new Doctor Who. OK, that's not entirely fair since I only watched the first season, but I only liked about 2 or 3 episodes.

Rimmer was my favorite character. In fact, he's one of my all time favorite TV characters, period. As great as Arnold Judas Rimmer was, you had to love his polar opposite, Ace Rimmer, even more. Ace Rimmer surfing a crocodile in that James Bond-ish scene is the greatest Red Dwarf moment ever.

When I finally get rid of Hal (my current evil computer) I am naming my replacement computer, Holly, as a tribute to this show :p

Now somebody "Smoke me a kipper" :p

sad sack said:
I loved this show. I used to watch Red Dwarf and Doctor Who every Saturday night on my local PBS station.

I didn't know they made a new series. I'll have to check it out one day. Hopefully it's not like that awful new Doctor Who. OK, that's not entirely fair since I only watched the first season, but I only liked about 2 or 3 episodes.

Rimmer was my favorite character. In fact, he's one of my all time favorite TV characters, period. As great as Arnold Judas Rimmer was, you had to love his polar opposite, Ace Rimmer, even more. Ace Rimmer surfing a crocodile in that James Bond-ish scene is the greatest Red Dwarf moment ever.

When I finally get rid of Hal (my current evil computer) I am naming my replacement computer, Holly, as a tribute to this show :p

Now somebody "Smoke me a kipper" :p

*Smoking a kipper*

Even though you are yet another Rimmer lover. Although, I'll admit he's the most interesting character.

All computers are evil. They should all be named Hal.

It wasn't really a new series as such. It was three specials called Back To Earth. The reception has been mixed. But go in with an open mind and you may enjoy it. There were some good moments, but it wasn't like classic Dwarf.

Latest posts

Back