Relating to people your own age

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caesium said:
jasmin said:
Does anyone else find that the more time you spend alone the more damaged your confidence gets, which makes it harder to talk to people. Kinda like a cycle of loneliness.

Yes

Any idea how to break it?

jasmin said:
Does anyone else find that the more time you spend alone the more damaged your confidence gets, which makes it harder to talk to people. Kinda like a cycle of loneliness.

Very much. My anxiety rises, making it harder to undo the cycle. Hence, it always seems I have to go, go, go.
olg

one lonely guy said:
jasmin said:

Very much. My anxiety rises, making it harder to undo the cycle. Hence, it always seems I have to go, go, go.
olg

jasmin said:
Caesium said:
jasmin said:

Yes

It dose rack your confidence yes. I used to have a lot moor then I have. Now I feel like an awkward teen but when I was a teen I was never awkward. Am moor self conches now then I have ever been.

The way you break it I Guss is to have good friends. Go out, enjoy life and your work and be sociable. Of course for some of us that's not really all that easy a thing to do.

Also I like your sig jasmin lol

jasmin said:
Caesium said:
jasmin said:

Yes

It dose rack your confidence yes. I used to have a lot moor then I have. Now I feel like an awkward teen but when I was a teen I was never awkward. Am moor self conches now then I have ever been.

The way you break it I Guss is to have good friends. Go out, enjoy life and your work and be sociable. Of course for some of us that's not really all that easy a thing to do.

Also I like your sig jasmin lol
[/quote]

It's soooo hard though. Especially when your self confidence is non-existant. Maybe we should focus on increasing self confidence. I

Thanks Bluey, my sig is cool :p

jasmin said:
It's soooo hard though. Especially when your self confidence is non-existant. Maybe we should focus on increasing self confidence. I

Thanks Bluey, my sig is cool :p

It is hard. I have a real problem with I think everyone I know IRL thinks am a loser. Of course I don't wont ppl to look at me like that. Ive never been one to be to bothered about what ppl think. But I Guss I look at myself a bit like that as well. Which maybe is why am letting it get to me so much. Not working and being single for as long as I have is doing nothing for my confidence. ppl ask me what I do in the day. I do nothing. How sad is that. I do nothing all day or with my life. But no matter how hard I try and think what to do I always come up with nothing. Just a wast of life.

And why dose the world look at British men as gay? Weird. But it make me laugh cos in another place I have said am not gay, am just British lol

I don't relate to guys my age, they all act like old men that are tired all the time.

I ain't done liv'in yet.

Anyone up for some sky diving?:cool:

I don't think sky diving would be a good idea right now with the way am feeling lol. It would make things to easy to finish. But ye that is normally the sort of thing I would love to do. My dad has done that and other stuff so some guys do in older age. But ye there is a lot that age beyond there years. Normally marred men that get used to work-home-dinner-TV. Bit different life when you have not got anyone at home and are single. Makes it so you don't fall into the comfy chair as easy if you get me way of thinking there. Struggling to put into words to what am trying to convey

Bluey said:
And why dose the world look at British men as gay? Weird. But it make me laugh cos in another place I have said am not gay, am just British lol

It's cos they are well spoken and well mannered.

You aren't wasting your life! Think of all the people you help here.

jasmin said:
Bluey said:

I don't know about being well maned *picks my nose* lol

jasmin said:

That is something I wonder about. How much of a difference can you really make to someones life over the net? I mean being really honest and with out all the politeness crap how much can you really do to help someone over the net at maybe the other side of the world?

I hope I have helped at lest one person in my time here. All though I got here to help myself like every one here. But I have tried in the past to help others as well the best I can and of course only with the time I have.

Bluey said:
jasmin said:
Bluey said:

jasmin said:

That is something I wonder about. How much of a difference can you really make to someones life over the net? I mean being really honest and with out all the politeness crap how much can you really do to help someone over the net at maybe the other side of the world?

I hope I have helped at lest one person in my time here. All though I got here to help myself like every one here. But I have tried in the past to help others as well the best I can and of course only with the time I have.

As long as you see me posting.
As long as I make those phone calls.
I'm still alive and breathing.

Whatever the fucken crazy honeysuckle i write sometimes.
Whatever the hell it is I'm going through
Whatever the fresia it is I can't resolve.

There's still hope in me.
No...no one can fix me or live my life for me.

Kind of hard to explain...but here gose.
Many many years ago i had a 9mm to my fucken head
A little speck of hope. As tiny as the ray of light was
I hope i see my duaghter again someday.

I try to committ sueicide a couple of years before that.
I didn't tell anyone. I didn't talk to anyone. I just did it.

Pills and whiskey taste like crap when they pump it out of you.
A god **** plastic tube sholved into my fucken nose and down
my throat felt totally..fucken wierd. Then the mother ******* had
the nerve to force feed me fucken clay before strapping me in
for the fucken night. Fucken dickheads.

No one wants to hear about my problems or my fucken lame ass suiecide attempts.
Poeple could careless oneway or the other. It's mostly sick crazy dramma crap.
I kept that to myself for years and years. The fucken guilt and shame of it all.
The fucken shrink listen to my ass as if he's going to past out, wanna hang himself or fall alseep.
We were talking the fucken weather...then straight up question if i was still getting my fucken pills.

Lonesome Crow said:
Bluey said:
jasmin said:
Bluey said:

jasmin said:

As long as you see me posting.
As long as I make those phone calls.
I'm still alive and breathing.

Whatever the fucken crazy honeysuckle i write sometimes.
Whatever the hell it is I'm going through
Whatever the fresia it is I can't resolve.

There's still hope in me.
No...no one can fix me or live my life for me.

Kind of hard to explain...but here gose.
Many many years ago i had a 9mm to my fucken head
A little speck of hope. As tiny as the ray of light was
I hope i see my duaghter again someday.

I try to committ sueicide a couple of years before that.
I didn't tell anyone. I didn't talk to anyone. I just did it.

Pills and whiskey taste like crap when they pump it out of you.
A god **** plastic tube sholved into my fucken nose and down
my throat felt totally..fucken wierd. Then the mother ******* had
the nerve to force feed me fucken clay before strapping me in
for the fucken night. Fucken dickheads.

No one wants to hear about my problems or my fucken lame ass suiecide attempts.
Poeple could careless oneway or the other. It's mostly sick crazy dramma crap.
I kept that to myself for years and years. The fucken guilt and shame of it all.
The fucken shrink listen to my ass as if he's going to past out, wanna hang himself or fall alseep.
We were talking the fucken weather...then straight up question if i was still getting my fucken pills.

One question. Would you had gone frow with it if it wasn't for that ray of hope, your duaghter?

Mm, I take it by your none response that you would had done then.

Ok here's the thing. I don't have any kids and I doubt I ever well. Is/would be a very good reason to live.
Having a lover in my life would be another good reason to live. I also doubt very much that, that well ever happend has well.

You Lonesome Crow have been fro a lot of honeysuckle in your life that to me is obvious. Its gave you a weaked personality through.
Am glad not just for you but for your little girl that you lived frow that. Hospitals are not very good at understanding the mental stuff that's in our head. If they where I am sure there would be less to fix in the physical way. I can imagine that you was not made to feel very good why that was going on. Is one reason that if I was to do it I would wont to make sure it was done the first time. ppl I don't think are very understanding. You could have a leg hanging off and everyone would feel sorry for you. You could be feeling the same amount of pain in your head fro depprason burt on by what ever and very few ppl would understand. This to me just makes things weirs and is one reason Ive not been and asked for help anywhere IRL.

But anyway am working fro this honeysuckle again now. One moor time. Its always one moor time. But that's how you keep going. End of the day we all have different honeysuckle to deal with. You have had very different battles to me. But honeysuckle is honeysuckle you know in what ever farm it comes in.

I can't really relate to people that are mage and I'm a teenager. Usually I end up associating with older people, usually people in their 20s for some reason..maybe I feel more comfortable talking to them as I'm sure some may have more substantial things to say than a good numberof teenagers.. and I can't help but think that a lot of the teenagers that I know don't seem to be interested in anything more than the latest trends in everything.

I've never really related to people my age...ever.
I've been more mature since as far back as I can remember.
It sucks,but I'd rather be grounded and myself than fake being someone else.

I'm with you on this one, most people my age are just as you put it for your peers are VERY materialistic, and just care for things that I don't really give a honeysuckle about. I'm either getting along with someone a lot more older than me or a lot more younger than me, but never really any one my age. Sometimes, I think God gave me the wrong birth-date.

Bluey said:
One question. Would you had gone frow with it if it wasn't for that ray of hope, your duaghter?

Yes...
I came back from the dead ( i'm a vampire :p)
I tried to commit suicide before that. i actaully went through with it.
I crossed that threashold. Wtf...I survived my own suicide.

Latest posts

Back