Relationships are just a battle of Ego's

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Face it guys.

i have never ever had a partner and thats because i am not stupid, i dont need to have a ego trip against someone else. i am very content with my own self esteem thank you

That's not true for everyone. I don't care about ego. My ex has the biggest ego in the world. Though, it never bothered me.

Eh, sure. Whatever you want to believe in. I don't even care to argue the point that it's just not true. But, think what you want. It's your life, your bad attitude on life.

Who Cares About Me said:
and people only get married for an ego battle. whoever dumps the other wins. its so true.

So NOT true.

It's only true if you subscribe to the idea of love as a battlefield.

But then sometimes people grow up and see that a relationship CAN be about a partnership between two people who actually give a **** about each other. Go figure.

When marriages DO fail, it's not as simple as it just being a battle of egos.

I find it hard to believe anyone gets married just to dump the other person and gain a ego boost. No one has to get married and divide half of their belongings just to get a ego boost. If anything, divorce makes both people get looked down on by society.

If your relationships devolve into nothing more than a ego competition, you probably shouldn't be together anymore. Whether it's a friendship, familial relationship, romantic relationship, or marriage. If all you care about is looking better than the other people, it's time to call it quits.

For non-egomaniacs, relationships are about working together and making each other happy.

I tend to agree with dreamer. When I think about a potential relationship, if love is a battlefield, I want my partner to be on MY side rather than the OPPOSITE side.

I suppose sometimes you can end up matched up with someone who you will just seem to butt heads with, but perhaps those relationships aren't meant to last. Find someone who will fight side by side with you, rather than nose to nose :p.

Everyone here was right. No 2 relationships are the same, just as no 2 people are the same. Stereotyping all relationships is as inacurate as stereotyping all people. There are 6 Billion........ people in world. Just something to ponder.

I love these blanket statements.

^^^I do too.

Sweeping generalizations born out of bitterness always make my day.

OP, you couldn't be more wrong. I suggest you go learn a bit about life and update your outlook before spewing such fatalistically angst-driven comments in the future, OK? You even admit that you're not experienced and haven't had a partner... so what drove you to make such a judgment on everyone else? That doesn't even make sense.

Use your higher reasoning skills, GET INVOLVED FOR YOURSELF, and THEN come back and tell us what you think. But then, you'd probably just end up fulfilling your pet view on the matter by going into a relationship with a bad attitude, so there'd be no surprise when it fails... and you'd end up using that as "evidence" that no relationships anywhere are equal or are not ego-driven.

See how this works?

Grow up.

Who Cares About Me said:
and people only get married for an ego battle. whoever dumps the other wins. its so true.

My husband and I dont get into ego battles.

Sometimes we yell at each other to get off the furniture, or to "get down in the effing basement right now and eat dog food". There are various profane threats and we wrestle around on the bed a little. Then we start making out.

But this is just foreplay for us.

In the relationships that I have been in that ended no one wins. People do get their cars keyed, though.

Oh good grief! Before you bang the gavel and claim yourself as judge and jury on relationships you need to have one first....

eris.....roflmfao @ Foreplay!! This is why I luv ya girl! :D

eris said:
Sometimes we yell at each other to get off the furniture, or to "get down in the effing basement right now and eat dog food". There are various profane threats and we wrestle around on the bed a little. Then we start making out.

But this is just foreplay for us.

OK, that made me laugh out loud. Thanks. :)

Also, can I just say that the apostrophe error in the title makes me cringe every time I look at it? There. I had to get that off my chest. /grammar_bitch_rant

Badjedidude said:
I noticed that apostrophe as well.

I didn't until it was mentioned.
I guess i was more off on how i always did things wrong, since i never noticed this ego thing.

Hi-
After reading the thread title, I thought of ways to say "no they're not!" But, meh, if the OP truly believes it and isn't just trying to be controversial, well then, so be it. It is better if they remain single. Eventually, they will learn the truth anyway.

Teresa

csmswhs said:
no doubt emo-dude

I'm fairly certain that your objective with this comment was to get a rise out of me.

But to be honest, I just don't care enough to write a personal diatribe against you, so here is a complaint letter from an online automatic complaint generator. Enjoy. :D

Although, ultimately, you will need to make up your own mind about Csmswhs, I have a number of things to say that you may find useful. The first thing I want to bring up is that Csmswhs not only lies but brags about his lying to his cohorts. To put it crudely, it has long been obvious to attentive observers that he exhibits a reckless disregard for the safety of others. But did you know that Csmswhs's newsgroup postings violate the rational, enlightened claims of their own enunciatory modality? Csmswhs doesn't want you to know that because either he has no real conception of the sweep of history, or he is merely intent on winning some debating pin by trying to pierce a hole in my logic with "facts" that are taken out of context.

Csmswhs's ultimata reek of absenteeism. I use the word "reek" because Csmswhs is interpersonally exploitative. That is, he takes advantage of others to achieve his own disreputable ends. Why does he do that? Whenever that question is asked, Csmswhs and his secret agents run and hide. I suspect that that's precisely what they're going to do now so as to avoid hearing me say that mankind needs to do more to do what needs to be done. Understand, I am not condemning mankind for not doing enough; I am merely stating that Csmswhs wants to pander to our worst fears. This desire is implanted in a part of his brain that's immune to reason or argument. Consequently, there's no chance that we can get him to see that he will probably never understand why he scares me so much. And Csmswhs does scare me: His excuses are scary, his litanies are scary, and most of all, he managed to convince a bunch of besotted caitiffs (especially the shambolic type) to help him manipulate the unseen mechanisms of society so as to gain a respectable foothold for his horny epithets. What was the quid pro quo there? To help answer that question I will offer a single anecdote. A few weeks ago, I overheard some impractical tin-pot tyrant tell everyone who passed by that Csmswhs is able to abrogate the natural order of effects flowing from causes. Astounded, I asked this person if he realized that a careful appraisal of Csmswhs's editorials raises some thought-provoking issues. Not only was his answer "no", but it was also news to him that Csmswhs has announced his intentions to incite young people to copulate early, often, and indiscriminately. While doing so may earn Csmswhs a gold star from the mush-for-brains narcissism crowd, his propaganda factories continuously spew forth messages like, "Public opinion is a reliable indicator of what's true and what isn't" and, "There is something intellectually provocative in the tired rehashing of pharisaical stereotypes". What they don't tell you, though, is that no man who values himself, who has any regard for sound morality, or who feels any desire to see intellectual progress made certain, can rightfully join Csmswhs's loquacious attempt to deny the obvious.

Our battle with Csmswhs is a battle between spiritualism and antinomianism, between tradition and subversion, between the defenders of Western civilization and its enemies. With the battle lines drawn as such, it is abundantly clear that if we were to let Csmswhs get away with breaking down age-old institutions and customs, that would be a gross miscarriage of justice. To him, Jacobinism is a kind of religion. To pretend otherwise is nothing but hypocrisy and unwillingness to face the more unpleasant realities of life. When you get right down to it, by overusing such obscure words as "compartmentalization" and "epididymodeferentectomy" Csmswhs consistently manages to alienate his audience. Nevertheless, I can state with absolute certainty that Csmswhs's premise (that character development is not a matter of "strength through adversity" but rather, "entitlement through victimization") is his morality disguised as pretended neutrality. Csmswhs uses this disguised morality to support his exegeses, thereby making his argument self-refuting. I could go on and on about his special form of alarmism, but you get the general idea. I'd like to end this letter with a message for Csmswhs. I'd like to say with emphasis and distinctness—not as a threat, but as a warning—that I will do whatever it takes to end his control over the minds and souls of countless people, and I won't let him stop me from achieving that goal.

Badjedidude said:
Our battle with Csmswhs is a battle between spiritualism and antinomianism, between tradition and subversion, between the defenders of Western civilization and its enemies. With the battle lines drawn as such, it is abundantly clear that if we were to let Csmswhs get away with breaking down age-old institutions and customs, that would be a gross miscarriage of justice.

BJD... That was long dude, I love how the OP said like 3 lines than never came back lol. As for calling someone emo... I hate sterotypes.. I hate people who use them as insults even more. Their is nothing more egotistical, than thinking someone is "below" you, based on the fact that they choose to live their life differently.. 3 words can get a rise apprently :)

Latest posts

Back