Resolutions

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsmylife

Reaction score
Lets see if we can get a more positive New Year thread! Anyone got any resolutions or targets they want to aim for in 2009?

Yay for positive threads

I don't have any new-years resolution. I don't really feel that I need one. I'll just keep on living, hoping for the best ^^

I wanna adopt a more healthy lifestyle.

I also am trying to make the new year a new beginning. You know, leave the past behind and look towards the future with a good attitude.

This year has been my lowest year yet and I'm not about to let next year turn out the same way.

Jeremi said:
Yay for positive threads

I don't have any new-years resolution. I don't really feel that I need one. I'll just keep on living, hoping for the best ^^

Yup will continue with the same goals and objectives as this year and just hope for more progress.

People still do resolutions? Don't they usually last like three weeks?
I suppose I have goals, but they aren't dictated or executed by a certain date on the Gregorian calendar.

One hope I have for the future is that atheists stop being so "closeted." They're generally passive and uninterested in debating with religious people who are so comfortable in their arrogant certainty. It's time to put the timid mindset to rest. Encite doubt. Doubt is humble.

Bella said:
One hope I have for the future is that atheists stop being so "closeted." They're generally passive and uninterested in debating with religious people who are so comfortable in their arrogant certainty. It's time to put the timid mindset to rest. Encite doubt. Doubt is humble.

They aren't closeted. Look on the web. The problem with debating religion, is it leads to pointless fighting. People will believe what they want to. It is impossible to prove either side.

-make a move towards continuing my education
I think I need to seriously consider transferring as many of the credits that constitute my Junior status towards another major, and take one class (paying with my own money) until I can do better, and earn a decent degree in 2-3 years.

-keep working out
I struggle with this so much. Part of the problem could be that I have no one to work out with, plus I have neither the time nor money to join a fitness club. I don't look bad, but I could look a lot better with some decent effort.

-take a chance with someone romantically

-increase level of optimism regarding life

Skorian said:
Bella said:

They aren't closeted. Look on the web. The problem with debating religion, is it leads to pointless fighting. People will believe what they want to. It is impossible to prove either side.

One could argue that NOTHING is closeted on the web. I'm talking about in the open. The percentage of anti-religious people in America alone is 16%, which is higher than Jews, Blacks, and homosexuals respectively. However the aforementioned groups, for example, are very vocal and visible. Atheists are not, which needs to change in my opinion.

And educated debate is a lot different than 'fighting'.

Bella said:
Skorian said:
Bella said:

One could argue that NOTHING is closeted on the web. I'm talking about in the open. The percentage of anti-religious people in America alone is 16%, which is higher than Jews, Blacks, and homosexuals respectively. However the aforementioned groups, for example, are very vocal and visible. Atheists are not, which needs to change in my opinion.

And educated debate is a lot different than 'fighting'.

But it's a debate based upon religion and faith. Many people would choose to believe in GOD even if it was proven that he didn't exist. Religion is about more then just GOD. It might also be illegal to infringe on others right to believe in what they chose. I think they are more vocal then you realize.

Many don't care for bible thumpers. Is one likely to like any other group trying to push their beliefs?

I don't really know what you're trying to say in the first sentences, but regarding your last one: Engaging in "counter Bible-thumping" would be hypocritical and is absolutely not what I'd want to see. Anyway, I'm going to stop talking about irrelevant things.

ummm.......not die,

go to college and not freak out, okay once i got all that done i'm hibernating

XP

How is it irrelevant and you want to talk about it at the same time?

Skorian said:
How is it irrelevant and you want to talk about it at the same time?

...I said I wanted to STOP talking about it.
Wasn't my intention to turn a thread about New Year's resolutions into a debate.

Alright. There are actually several really old threads on this topic.

Let me see if I can find one of them. I believe me and Nevermore were discussing something months ago.

I resolve to enjoy the arts and jazz scene where I'll be moving this January. And in doing so I resolve to be more social with people I don't know, and members of the opposite sex :rolleyes:

To try and get my life figured out. You'd think that after 40 years I'd have that taken care of. I need to get something major figured out first and foremost. And for that to happen I need to get up the courage to ask a big question. One I've been trying to ask and dreading the answer to for months now.

Latest posts

Back