running out of happy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randomact164

Reaction score
yes the title says it all
i seem to be running low almost near out on happy these days even good things seem to come my way.
im 16 fyi
got my car yesterday...pontiac G6 2door silver. (2006 with 31K miles)
landed a part time job that pays an average of 400-500 bucks a month for me (gas and savings).
Met a fantastic girl at lake michigan and we talk on the phone alot but shes in Indiana about 1h30mins away so not like i can see her often.
I really like her.
got a six pack and can bench my own wieght+. (hard work payed off).

What im trying to say is that alot of good things have been happening to me but im not sure why im not content nor happy with myself.
I guess the best analogy is that i was walking on the "path of sucess" and stumbled off and got lost in the woods of life that are covered in beautiful roses that are all covered in thorns.

I asked my doctor and we ran tests. i do not have a depression.

It seems wierd to me as a 16yr old going into his junoir year to have all this happen. School starts in 2days no fun for me.

Idk ive been quiet lately around the house, been kinda avoiding my friends a bit just kind of wanting to be by myself.

i guess what im looking for is that since im lost it would bring light to my day if someone could stumble past me in these woods and point me north or toss me a friendly smile. i havent seen daylight in a while

You been conditioned/programed to not feel okay or content with yourself for very long.

yeah, the path to "success"....If you feel content and happy with yourself , you would
never get off of your ass to improve yourself or life.
"Hard work will pay off"..This statement is setting you up to struggle as in "hard or difficult"
You been program to feel un easy. That's why even after you acheive whatever, you still feel difficulties
or if you didn't struggle to achive something..you feel a sense of guilt and shame.

It's subtle...you feel guilty if you jump for joy.
Yes, learn how to celebrate..Allow yourself to celebrate instead of waiting for others to praise you...
You're WAITING for the REWARD. If you didn't recieving a praise from (outside) your boss, family or friends...you feel like a loser regruadless.

You were raised with a rewarding system. If you do this...you're a good person
If you don't do that you are a bad person. If you achieve this then you are something.

You are identifying yourself with your actions or people , placing and thing outside of yourself.
You feel that sense of emptiness inside of you that people, place and thing can't fill or have long lasting effect of fullfilment.

A part of you knows what the truth is. You are perfectly okay.
Please just learn to let go of the feelings of not being good enough.
You are enough. You are complete and whole already.

Learn how to saperate your truth from what society's reality is.

You know and still sense...the car is not who you are. You're girl friend is not who you are.

You might try researching on spituality becuase you feel like you're a walking living donut.
You feel empty inside. Nothing of this world can fill it.

Some people seek a HP to fill that void or emptiness.

It's okay to be a billionair, have success, or feel good...
Just know that's not who you are...so that it dosn't control you.
Happiness is an inside job.

Take time each day to recharge you batteries.
To remind yourself ...that you're okay.
Listen to relaxing music, draw, paint, write, a hobbie.
Something that you love doing as a kid...wheather it's playing an instrutment or building legos.
If you like to build legos...perhapse you like to create or build things.

As for myself..I write and play my guitar. It brings me peace and a sense of fullfillment.
It allows me to be creative. I'm free to create my music anyway I want...without it being this way or that way.
As some people would paint or draw art.
These types of activities fill our soul and also allow us to express our soul.

Yes...play. Go make freinds and play.

All work and no play...sucks ass.

thanks for the words of wisdom Lonesome Crow it menas alot :)
as for me i play guitar and im currently teching myself a bit of music theroy

I think Happiness is a state of BEING not an emotion. Perhaps therin lies your answer?

SophiaGrace said:
I think Happiness is a state of BEING not an emotion. Perhaps therin lies your answer?

Yeah...but it's confusing for some people becuase we identify who we
are as how we feel or our emotions.

It takes a little bit of time to de program or get a clearer vision. There's various ways
to learn to saperate our BEING from our feelings or actions.

Some people use the word "JOY" as a state of BEING rather than
to say being happy.
BEING JOYFUL...dosn't mean we'll experince good feelings all the time,
rather we can allow ourselves to feel and process the various feelings.
Experience our feelings and let it go through us.

As in sometimes...when we feel bored. There's not a stronge feeling.
But it's actaully peace.

An example...
"I'm Angery"
If we feel angery..we associate ourselves as bad..
Rather then you just say " I feel angery at the moment"

Or
"I'm not good enough"
We feel a lack and associate oursevles as not complete.
Rather than to say " I feel inadiquate at the moment"

Feelings comes and go..Sometimes we hold to some feelings
more than others.

The more we learn to saperate ourselve from our emotions, we
become aware of our true state of BEING..peace/joy/love/grace.

We don't denial are emotions...we just feel them and it's okay.

The process gets reverse...rather than trying to fill the voids or be a vacuume (feelings of lack)
We are now aware of our completness. We express from the inside expanding outward...
such as through music, art, poams...etc.
We express ourselves not to get approval or acceptence from others. It's just our expression of love.
Not every one has to like our art or our creativites becuase we're complete already.
It ties in with our self esteem or self worth.

Example:
I wrote a song. Oh well...it dosn't matter if you like it or not. It's just something I did. I'm not my music.
I made money and bought whatever...oh well...I'm not my material posssesions.
The feeling of guilt and shame evaporates...

Old programing.....
Some people are program to think being weathy or rich is evil or bad.
It's still self identifications with outside sources.

Wow 16 and you got a car a girl and a job. Congrats, I can't even seem to get one of those straight. I agree with Sophia tho, you can choose to be happy, or you can choose to be sad. Being depressed is a whole nother subject. The way you look at things too can have a huge impact on how you feel. Like I used to feel hopeless because I looked at everything like it was way too complicated or every girl I met was way outta my league or that I could never land a job like that. Instead of taking all of those at once I'm just taking it one step at a time :p Just wake up each morning and tell yourself you're going to have a great day, and make it that way! Or do something that makes you proud. For instance, you're learning guitar, so pick a song and learn it. The feeling of accomplishment you get when you play that song or solo perfect is too amazing for words. For me it's the Sidewinder outro by Avenged Sevenfold :p It's insanely fast! But I know once I get this down I'mma feel like one cocky honeysuckle :D

Happiness isnt always measured with material gain, or even emotional stability. Perhaps there is a longing for something greater. Have you ever found yourself wondering what it all means? Why do I have to do 1 thing, in order to get this type of response from whomever. Do you do what you do, to please the people around you? Or do you do what you do to please yourself? For me, I find great satisfaction in my search for my spiritual self. Constantly looking for ways on how I can improve upon how I act, and improve upon what I believe. There is much comfort in soul searching. Atleast for me anyways.

hey randomact

well have could you say you've had a pretty good life for a while?

have good things been happening for the past few months?

well from psychology we have a baseline happyness
like some people are always happy
some people are mellow and
some people are always pissed

so if something good happens it will make you feel good for a while, but eventually we all revert to our natural state,

it's kinda a flaw of humans you'd think just having a good life would be enough to make us happy, but eventually that isn't enough for us,

so we kinda have a constant drive to seek out positive external stimuli,

so kkinda what i'm saying is that,

well maybe you're just getting bored
i mean i'm sure you appreicitate the things you have, but they aren't enough to make you happy anymor
try not to feel too bad,
we can rarely control what we actually feel

try looking for happyness in someplace new is kinda the only advice i can give

i hope you can start to feel happyier soon

*hugs*

:)

the whole point i made about the car and job etc was not to express material possesions but to try to give examples about the past few weeks of my life and how a 16yr old should be thrilled to have tht. i dont base my contentness or happyness with material possesions.

Well i am feeling much better these last 2 days n thatnks for all those would encouraged me...
Lonesome Crow, evanescencefan91, Naval_Fluff, epileptic, & Sophia Grace. sorry none for u Divinitywolf**cough**smartmouth

and so like i said im learning music theroy on my own and im progressing quite a bit but the more i learn the more iggnorant i feel so ya but its still a fun time.

I also finished learning Master of Puppets by Metallica except for the solo where kirk has to move so **** fast XD.

Thanks everybody!!!

**hugs everyone including Divinitywolf**

Wow! I've been playing for 6 years and I just got the intro to master of puppets down..I've only got an acoustic though so that really hampers my progress. Kudos on the accomplishment though man!

Randomact164 said:
the whole point i made about the car and job etc was not to express material possesions but to try to give examples about the past few weeks of my life and how a 16yr old should be thrilled to have tht. i dont base my contentness or happyness with material possesions.

Well i am feeling much better these last 2 days n thatnks for all those would encouraged me...
Lonesome Crow, evanescencefan91, Naval_Fluff, epileptic, & Sophia Grace. sorry none for u Divinitywolf**cough**smartmouth

and so like i said im learning music theroy on my own and im progressing quite a bit but the more i learn the more iggnorant i feel so ya but its still a fun time.

I also finished learning Master of Puppets by Metallica except for the solo where kirk has to move so **** fast XD.

Thanks everybody!!!

**hugs everyone including Divinitywolf**

woo I've been included!

hi randomact164
hey trust me honey the world is your oyster just be true to your own heart and do what you feel is right for you

Latest posts

Back