Sad Situation Tonight

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ballain

Reaction score
Just taught I would share a very sad Experience that happened tonight.

I was sitting at a local Tim Horton`s chit chatting with other people.

Next time there are this women, early 30`s, with a child (5yrs old) that walks in, with 5 grocery bag that walks in crying.
She sits and just stands there.

So eventually we asked her if something was wrong, she said she was stranded, the city buses were not running and when she walked from her place to the local food bank (about 3m) it was closed. So she did get 10$ worth of groceries from a local store for the week. Now the kid was cold (27F outside) and she had another 3mi to walk and had only 3$ so not enough for a cab.

NOW I am usually not very sensitive to some situation, this one however, it did touched me pretty deep. We take alot for granted, this women had no money to eat, but my cell phone bills runs be back 120$ a month.

Anyway so I gave her a drive, she wanted to give me her last 3$ for the drive, which I obviously didn`t accept, also I gave her 80$ when I dropped her, It was like I would have given the world to her.

Just one of those sad situation that prove we should never complain.

Taught I would share with you guys:)

Just noticed it should go in Social Problems,,,,

That was a very kind thing you did. Indeed, its sad to come across situations like these, but I'm sure the lady appreciated what you did. Kudos to you! =)

You are a knight in her life. When someone acts towards us with kindness, with no gain for themselves, it can reiterate our own self worth. Sometimes when life is hard, especially when just meeting life's basic needs seems impossible, one feels like a second class citizen. Or invisible. You let her know she wasn't.

Good work, fine sir.

Thank you for helping her the best way you could.

It sounds like that woman was just at her wit's end. I wonder how she's managing all of this.

I wish there was more affordable housing. More access to affordable healthy food. More efficient public transportation services. Higher minimum wages. It would be nice if these funds were directed to the people who need them in these hard times and not to the **** banks and corporations.

I f*cking hate poverty.

That was a lovely thing you did. That lady will probably remember your kindness in her blackest moments and will know that there are some decent people in the world.

Thanks Guy , I guess sometimes we take too much for granted, things like these kinda makes you realize it.

That is very sad. Poor lady, and her poor child.

At the same time, it is good to know there are people like you in the world.

That was extremely nice of you. Exceptionally thoughtful, and I wish more people were like this on these occasions. You could have easily ignored her, told her to be on her way, but it's honorable that you didn't.

But yikes! 120 bucks for a phone bill! I'll never take my StraightTalk for granted!

VanillaCreme said:
That was extremely nice of you. Exceptionally thoughtful, and I wish more people were like this on these occasions. You could have easily ignored her, told her to be on her way, but it's honorable that you didn't.

But yikes! 120 bucks for a phone bill! I'll never take my StraightTalk for granted!

Sucks dosnt it, we pay among the highest for telecommunication here in Canada. However its not a basic plan

Latest posts

Back