Satisfaction

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

eh?

Hello.

I assume you all are at this site because you are lonely for one reason or another. My question is:

What will satisfy you?
What, do you think, can fix your loneliness problem?
Do you need more friends? girl/boyfriend? Family?
Do you need more attention?

Scarlett Johannson wearing whip cream and a cherri on top with me on the bottom 24/7s :p...that'll cure me for life..lol

Lonesome Crow said:
Scarlett Johannson wearing whip cream and a cherri on top with me on the bottom 24/7s :p...that'll cure me for life..lol

That is gross, why is everyone in love with Johannson. I don't know what you see in her. I wouldn't want to be seen with a girl like that. Now if that was Dina Meyer in her 20's, well yabba dabba doo!

Chris 2 said:
Lonesome Crow said:

That is gross, why is everyone in love with Johannson. I don't know what you see in her. I wouldn't want to be seen with a girl like that. Now if that was Dina Meyer in her 20's, well yabba dabba doo!

To each his own.
Johannson is definitely overrated in my opinion but I wouldn't kick her out of bed.

I think at this point a girlfriend would really do the trick. I have friends...they're all older than me, but I have friends. This year I've taken a more proactive stance in trying to score a date with someone...but...no such luck so far. I'm actually starting to get a bit discouraged.

Other than that, a giant tub of onion rings. Like, HUGE. Stadium size. And fry sauce with them. And they stay warm forever until I eat enough to clog my arteries and die happy.

Sadly, girls don't really seem that interested in hanging out with me, and I definitely don't see deep fryers being mass produced or any Montana-size onion farms being planted. So I'm thinking I'll be waiting a while.

To answer my own question, I just want a friend of the opposite sex.

I currently have 0 friends.
I just want one friend right now. A female friend I can trust and possibly someone I could be more than friends with in the future.

Err...wtf, I gave an honest answer what would satified me.:p
F-it...i don't mess around...why dream small..if you can dream
big..go for broke, anything is possible. :)

No..I'm not that wacked or unrealistic.
mmm...Penni looks almost like Scarlett, I know that.

How about $100,000,000.00 in my bank account ?
F-it...there's plenty of billionairs in this world...surely that's
not imposible. They bleed just like me.lol

How about me doing a lumcevac in a real aerobatic aircraft ?
People thought the Wright Brothers were wack jobs too..."man would never fly".
Even the US government gave up on flight becuase other men couldn't achieve it.
well, the Wright brothers said, "fresia that honeysuckle"...:p They never gave up, they belive,
and they work hard...again and again and again through failures after failures, set backs
after set backs.

Abe Lincoln's life...from the fucken log cabin.lol
He never gave up...set back after set backs...
He failed at bussiness and all kinds of other ventures but he never gave up.

Devince...said the earth was round and the earth evolves around the sun, when
the rest of the world still belived the fucken earth was flat....

How about Opera ?...she aint super model...lol
She not a white chick either.

Henry Ford was a High School Drop out...dudes.

They're my heros....

Not people that think life sucks....lmao

eh? said:
Hello.
I assume you all are at this site because you are lonely for one reason or another. My question is:

You know I am trying to figure that out myself. I struggle to answer this questions. But I well try and answer them now.

What will satisfy you?
Love, A GF and some good friends that don't seem mixed in the head. ppl around me that don't just wont to score points all of the time. ppl that wont friends just to have fun with. friends that know when its time to walk away from a pub. Not come home cos A they ran out of money or B they got beat up and was sick. Normal ppl. What ever normal is. (me).... I Guss a girl that is not using and is faithful and has some good old fashioned morals I would love. But someone that can be fun as well as the old fashioned morals. Why is it that ppl with morals a lot of the time do not know how to have fun and be crazy as well. You can be both. Of this I believe. I am looking for a female version of me :D My god did I just say that lol

I think I just answered that.

I don't need moor friends. I need the right kinder friends.

A GF would be nice. Someone to keep me warm at night. I think its going to take a pretty special girl that loves and understand me though. For I don't fully understand myself.

Yes, I spend way to much time alone. Just seating in the dark listening to music.

What will satisfy you/Fix you?
I don't know if I will ever feel complete as a human being again. I doubt that 5 - 10 friends just magically popping into my life would make me feel like everything is suddenly fine. I've been without friends for a long while, and the scars run pretty deep. I've built up habits, like not trusting other people. That wont go away in a day. With friends I can trust and love, maybe I can work myself out of my habits. Maybe...

I want to have one true friend. A friend that I can trust with everything, a friend who I could talk to about everything, including my feelings. A friend who would always be there for me. A friend I can be there for and support with all my strength. A friend that I could spontaneously hug whenever I wanted to. That would feel so good, it hurts just to think about it

And of course I want a girlfriend. Someone to love, someone to share my life with. But that's just a dream. Where are you? =/

I could certainly use a little love. I haven't felt loved in... well, for as long as I can remember. Not even by my parents. Sometimes I feel like some kind of second class citizen. I just exist for the amusement of real people. Would you like to get to know me? **** no! Just do what you usually do, zombie

Sigh, I just wish that someone would reach out to me, but that will never happen. I hide my loneliness well

Oh, and Scarlet Johansson in Lost in Translation <3

What will satisfy me?
Contentment with everything

One true friend
I have too much acquaintances,few friends and fewer close friends.

Yes,lonely here.

I suppose I should answer my own questions properly.

What will satisfy me?
Honestly, at this point in my life, I am getting pretty desperate. I will settle for much less than what I truly want and probably less than I deserve. All I really want right now is for a friend of the opposite sex. Just a friend. Not an online friend. Not a penpal. Someone I can actually hang out with. That will satisfy me right now. Ideally, that friend would be fairly attractive and single. If I, by extremely luck or some sort of "divine intervention" get a girlfriend, that would more than satisfy me. But for now, a friend will do.

I have no friends so... Yes.
I have no girlfriend so... Yes.
I have plenty of family and couldn't ask for a better one.

I would be lying if I said I didn't want more attention but only from select people.
I don't need the world looking at me. Just a few people... the right people.

i want a friend, a good friend, a best friend. Someone that has known me longer than anyone else they know. I want someone to hang out with, i want someone that is still a little activie. I want someone i can go to the gym with someone i can go bike ridding with, and play guitar hero with. i want someone that will take me bowling. I want someone that will give me a hug without making some sarcastic lesbian joke everytime....... i had a friend that was kinda a *****.

i will fix this by finding a way to completly clone myself, then speed up their growth until they are my age, and will not be bothered by my anoying quarks, and find a way to ignore my anoying quarks, that i will have to deal with once i start hanging out with myself.

i need a friend, i'd like a boyfiend, someone to hold me, to lie on the couch with and just be happy to be in each others arms.

i guess i'm good with family i have one.

and.... yes yes i need more attention. i want someone to say to me i'm awseome even if God forbid i'm just average.

These are good questions. I almost always feel extremely lonely even if I have people around me / people to talk to. I really long for someone who I can really connect with, but most of the time I find it difficult to relate to people. Even if I like whoever I'm talking to, I can't help to feel like I'm from a completely different planet. No one seems to share my views, opinions and outlook on life... whatsoever! I know that isn't completely true, but it sure feels like it. Maybe I've just been unlucky. :)

folks - way to go on all the funny answers, lol!

Bella - i agree with you COMPLETELY!!! seriously - i only have <u>one</u> friend that is a girl, and that only because she and her fiance are great friends of my love's... we spend a lot of time together, but to say there's a lot of common interests and views between us - no such luck.

i'd LOVE to go shopping with someone, or just - i don't know, watch a chick-flick, and paint each other's nails in 37 different colours, and laugh about stuff, you know?

bu t most girls are either prejudicial, (and like - omg how can you hang out with such geeks (and i want to explain the hundreds of ways they are a thousand times more of a person than she is), or like "well, i like your art, but where is the <B>feminist<B/> aspect of your work?" (dying sounds from me), or are all omg (insert one of my geeky habits here, like reading huge books instead of talking on phone, or hating clubbing, and etc').... or - understand completely the geeky parts, but will never go on to try a thousand different ways to style hair, or go and try hundreds of weird outfits on, or do something girly for once.

GRRR!!!!!!!

seriously!!! guys - i feel your pain, lol! most girls are just... not fun!!!

and i agree with you on the male friends part.
there's a guy i chat with, that won't stop hitting on me, like every bloody time.
and i'm trying to tell him, even bluntly, that i'm not interested, and after 15 times he's making me think twice whether i want to answer his messages, but he just doesn't get that... i don't know. i don't want to stop talking to him - he's fun, and is a great person, but seriously, will you please get the point....!

Terminus -
i think that the best way i've seen it said is "the opposite of loneliness is not simply having folks around, but intimacy". and i couldn't agree more!
intimacy is not a romantic only thing, it's the way you can REALLY tell your friends the weirdest things, even if you are ashamed to admit them, and be understood, or at the very least - listened to. that would like you even if there are things about you they will not understand/agree with completely, that will try to help - even if it is just "i care about you, don't give up..." that is said from the heart, and is not just an empty well i did mine thing....
and well, it's how true friends will try and get you to say things you are afraid to say, although you'd die for someone to listen....

sorry for the long-as-all-the-bloody-wheel-of-time-books-put-together post, lol venting i guess.

What will satisfy you?

To be like, totally satisfied, I need four major components in my life that being friends, a purpose in life, a boyfriend and a satisfying work. Basically, right now I only have friends, with not much chance of ever getting the rest. But that's much more than it was half a year ago so I'm not complaining. I've always valued friendship above all else, and I notice I'm a much happier person now. I can't hang out with them whenever I want to for various reasons but still we meet regularly and that's ok for now.

I don't feel so lonely now.

I suppose I need a boyfriend, after all, this is something pretty much everyone else my age have tried, and I have never been in any sort of a relationship. Actually, I need a boyfriend mostly in the "best friend" capacity (who would not want sex.. any time soon at least). Yeah, like that's gonna happen.

Yeah, more attention would be nice. There's never too much attention :mrgreen I would like someone to hug me and I could snuggle with.

What will satisfy you?
Well i guess i would echo what other people have said...altho i have a small handful of friends, i don't particularly feel that connected with them, so for me it would be to find some friends where we truly got along with one another and did things we both enjoyed to do, the type of friends where you can take a holiday together or give each other a call on a whim to hang out, even if you did see them just yesterday, someone you can have complete confidence and trust in so you can share eachother's fears / secrets and triumphs...

I don't know what to do...ive always been a loner, ever since primary school i never use to have friends, and use to sit by myself watching everyone else play and have fun, its somewhat stunted me socially and i feel like ive missed those experiences which help you grow up, so i never know what to say or do, i always rely on the other person to ask for an email or suggest a coffee (which never happens), so i suppose i can start taking the initiative when i eventually do meet someone new....

Friends - i need more of the right type of friends, as well as more people i can generally hang out with, im sick of always spending my time shut up in my room at home...

Boyfriend - that would be nice :)

Family - no, im ok there!

To be honest I would like to have more attention but also don't at the same time - I guess I want someone to care about me and make me feel as though my existence is validated and I'm not another nobody in the street, but at least someone special to a few close friends / bf

What will satisfy you?

Getting Good Grades in College

Having a few friends I can trust and be close to

Erm...not having a physical disability OR learning how to overcome my disability

I need QUALITY friends in real life. I already have a gf and a wonderful family :D

uhmn, not sure. o_o never really thought about it.

A bf is what I always thought I wanted.
But really, what I want is a soulmate.
Someone who understands and protects me.
Someone who I can feel a connection with.
And nah, I don't think I'd find that person anytime soon.

blue_azure said:
A bf is what I always thought I wanted.
But really, what I want is a soulmate.
Someone who understands and protects me.
Someone who I can feel a connection with.
And nah, I don't think I'd find that person anytime soon.

Why not?

Latest posts

Back