scrawny guy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the bright side, I think that most guys gain weight as they get older and a lot of them don't work out, so they get fatter. As least you'll never have that problem. Also, you have the ideal body type to be a great runner.

women like tall guys over muscly guys, mostly, but scrawny, no.

You probably wernt getting your diet right, the majority of weight gain is in what you eat not what you lift.

when i was going gym i was eating 1gram of protein for every pound of bodyweight (maybe more), i was eating heapppssss.

get some protein shakes in you and eat something with fat in it, (good fats), cause you need fat to gain muscle ;), talk to a gym instructor, tell him you want some bulk, he'll know what to do.

I like tall guys. As far as skinny or fat, I tend to go to either extreme. Either I like a really fat dude, or a really skinny guy. But none of that really matters. If someone doesn't like you for you, they aren't worth it.

It's all about your confidence bro
Confidence within you, you dont need fancy cars, nice clothes, or a 6 pack to get girls
You need to show your confident.

I used to be scrawny as well weigning in 48 kilo's. over the last years I've been working out and eating alot. I weigh 70 Kilo's now.. I'm still a shut in though. Going to a gym does boost your confidence ALOT so I reccomend it.
Anyway: eat/rest/train well and you'll be fine physicly

DedFish said:
I used to be scrawny as well weigning in 48 kilo's. over the last years I've been working out and eating alot. I weigh 70 Kilo's now.. I'm still a shut in though. Going to a gym does boost your confidence ALOT so I reccomend it.
Anyway: eat/rest/train well and you'll be fine physicly

I'm in college and work 45-60 hrs so it's hard to find time for all of that. I don't understand why but flabby heavy women seem to be into me. Not interested. Maybe they see their ideal selves in me haha.

I managed to gain a little weight in the last year, maybe 8-10 pounds (4 kilos?) to about 160. I've heard the advice of 1g of protein per pound of body weight, I know that I typically don't get close to that. The 'naked' protein juice drink is the only thing that has protein that tastes better than eating my shirt...too bad it's kinda expensive.

snow said:
I've heard the advice of 1g of protein per pound of body weight, I know that I typically don't get close to that. The 'naked' protein juice drink is the only thing that has protein that tastes better than eating my shirt...too bad it's kinda expensive.

It's true you need protein; you can't build muscle without it. Here's what I do: I keep a big bag of frozen strawberries (in my freezer, of course), and every night before I go to bed I put five strawberries in a bowl in the fridge. The next morning, after I get back from the gym, I take the strawberries, which have thawed by now, and blend them with some vanilla-flavored soy milk and a scoop of vanilla whey protein powder. This makes a pretty tasty, and quite filling, protein shake.

If you don't like strawberries, a banana works, too.

sign up at the forums at bodybuilding.com they have excellent advice about nutrition, what kind of exercises you should do to bulk up, im also skinny just like you and im working on it also, good luck :)

I was scrawny like, 6 years ago. I startedm working out and eating a shitload of food. I mean a SHITLOAD. I'd go through about a loaf a bread in 2 days. Now I got a 6 pack and everything ^_^ The only problem is every little imperpefction is magnified like, 100 bgillion times. i.e, my left pec is bigger than my right pec o_O Currently I weigh 169 lbs at 5' 11" and 17yrs. I'm hoping to hit 175lbs by the end of this year.

I don't mind being skinney...most guys my age have it the beer gut and the extra love handles :p

I'm 5'7-5'8 and I only a wiegh a buck and a quarter..(135lb)..I can weigh up to 160 and still be okay..I guess.
I need to work out more...I just saw a picture of myself without a shirt...holy fresia..I'm not as buff as I
used to be when I was working constructions..

I have a great deal of sympathy for you. I know how it feels to dislike your looks and to feel rejected on that account and I know how it feels to be made fun of, the cruely of that.

I know it probably doesn't help to hear guys say "yeah, I used to be like you, now I'm better" which I see in the responses to your posting.

I believe you should re-think the weight-lifting thing. If you are seeing no muscular improvement and the exercises make you sick, then either you really are sick and need to work with a doctor on that, or you are doing something wrong with your exercise routine. Are you trying to do too much too soon? I have read that "overtraining" can make people sick.

Anyway, best of luck to you

Being skinny isn't all that bad. My boyfriend doesn't weigh much more than I do, and he's your height (which makes him more than a head taller -_-' ). I know pleanty of pretty scrawny guys, and they seem ok with who they are. Its all about the confidence!
If your that worried about your weight and not being able to gain muscle then I'd ask a doctor the best way to fix the problem. Sounds to me like you've got a crazy metabolism going on

It might be genetic..some people just can't gain muscle or fat...I don't wanna like, doom you or nothing here, but scrawny might just be the way you are. And unless people are giving you a hard time about it, it's not that big of deal. No one's really going to care that much. And people that do bug you about aren't worth the time you might spend worrying about them. There will always be ******** out there that want nothing better than to cruch someone' self esteem.

There are actually a lot of girls who prefer tall skinny guys. Maybe you are going for the wrong type of girl?

I've always been small and scrawny, have never really ever gained any weight or muscle, people do think I'm alot younger than I am which ain't really a big problem I suppose but doesn't really help my self confidence

* Ectomorphic: characterized by long and thin muscles/limbs and low fat storage; receding chin, usually referred to as slim.
* Mesomorphic: characterized by medium bones, solid torso, low fat levels, wide shoulders with a narrow waist; usually referred to as muscular.
* Endomorphic: characterized by increased fat storage, a wide waist and a large bone structure, usually referred to as fat.

fate.

i use to be ectomorphic. my friends could lift weights and add more every month. tooks me like 3 months before i could add extra weight to the weight bar when benching. just takes longer. you can gain muscle though. just keep trying.

The first guy to ever "break my heart" was exceptionally tall and thin. It's personality that counts, at least for some of us.
I freakin' adored that guy and to this day maintain that he is one of the most impressive and loveable people I've ever met!

Latest posts

Back