Sex and relationships

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every relationship is unique, and what matters most is finding a partner who shares your values and desires.
If your partner does not understand your needs, this means that he is not right for you.

Every relationship is unique, and what matters most is finding a partner who shares your values and desires.
If your partner does not understand your needs, this means that he is not right for you.
Totally agree with you!

In my own experience, the beauty of any relationship lies in its unique quirks. However, there are times when we struggle to communicate effectively. That's when misunderstandings occur, and it's tough, believe me.

In fact, I've been through a similar patch. My partner and I hit a brick wall and couldn't see eye to eye. We decided to get some outside help and ended up going for couples counseling in NYC. It wasn't a magical cure-all, but it certainly helped us find our harmony again. The trick was learning how to listen to each other's needs.

I know every couple has sex and everything like that,but I am not looking for a relationship to have sex if that makes any sense at all,If I was in a relationship I would notwant to just have sex,I would want to have fun but not to just have sex,is there anyone that feels this way too?Why is having sex in a relationship so important?
It's certainly not the only thing in a relationship, but isn't having sex and being intimate with your partner in general (kissing, fondling, etc.) what distinguishes friendship from a relationship?
You can have fun with your friends, go to concerts, etc. too.
You do not need to be in a relationship for that.

If I am in a relationship, and the girl does not want sex (as in hardly ever), but I get horny on a regular basis.
What should I do then?
I think your sexual appetite must be similar to that of your partner.
If my girlfriend wants sex only once a month, and I get very horny after like 1 week, should I cheat on her then?
Should I choke the chicken then?

I know every couple has sex and everything like that,but I am not looking for a relationship to have sex if that makes any sense at all,If I was in a relationship I would notwant to just have sex,I would want to have fun but not to just have sex,is there anyone that feels this way too?Why is having sex in a relationship so important?
Well well well, here I am. My story is a bit wired from yours. Since it's some kind of private space, I'm gonna tell you something. I had a relationship before, I was in relationship with a girl. We just had fun( I think). But, in reality, I was too attached to her and didn't realise that she was pitting me. She only talked to me, so that I wouldn't feel bad. So, who's the loser now gap? Here I am without sex and love in a relationship haha

I think sex within a relationship is also important because the change in it can point to cheating.
Suppose you meet a woman and she can't stay away from you, and every time you meet you have sex, sometimes multiple times the same day.
Then suddenly they change their habits, and now they are suddenly happy with once every 3 weeks.
That can indicate cheating, they might have someone else fulfilling their sexual needs, but somehow they want to stay with you for some reason.

We're a sexually reproducing species. It's the reason we pair up in the first place (as in an explanation for the drive to do so, not the specific motive). Any major disparity in interest over the long term will be a problem.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back