Sex, does it ruin a relationship?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hijacc

Reaction score
Me and my GF are holding back on doing anything for a long time and I was curious, do you think it ruins a relationship?

No. But there's nothing wrong with waiting until you are both ready either.

Steel said:
No. But there's nothing wrong with waiting until you are both ready either.

We're both pretty sexual, but we don't want our realtionship to be completely enveloped in it as to ignore everything else.

Well in my experience sex has only made my relationships stronger and more intimate.The only way I can see that sex could possibly ruin a relationship is if it was the primary focus of that relationship. As long as the relationship has a solid foundation I really can't see sex as being anything but positive. But yeah, a solid relationship before sex usually ends up an even better one after.

It dose what you want it to do. Just like anything else.
Sex won't make or break a relationship.

It depends on the person you're with.
I had sex with my ex-gf more when we were saperate and fighting....we were having break up sex.Hahahaaaaa

Sex is a wonderful part of a relationship that fulfills both physical and emotional needs. I think it's fine that you guys are choosing to abstain from sex, but don't view it as a threat. If there is a strong connection beforehand, the physical relationship will be that much better.

Sex is awesome. It only ruins the relationship if it takes over the relationship.

----Steve

Fer cryin' out loud, just wear your raincoat. And never take it off.

My Lieutenant's kid just impregnated his 16 y/o girlfriend. And another pal of mine, same age as me (22), knocked up his wife of three months and now she's leaving him. I coulda walloped both of 'em. I've only had one 'girlfriend' and we fooled around a bit and there was only one time I didn't wrap my honeysuckle. I got her a morning-after pill but I was still nervous as hell. WRAP YOUR honeysuckle.

Sex is wonderful, but it can become a problem if it becomes the focus of the relationship. Once it gets to the point of becoming an obsession, then everything else pales next to it.

I think it's wise to wait until both people are ready.

And I'm in complete agreement with Brian about wrapping that rascal not only for the birth control aspect of it but to increase your odds of keeping STDs at bay. It is a good habit to get into. If one or the other of you gets lax along the way, it increases your chances of being exposed to something.

I really think that using a condom is THE BEST thing to do until you are in a long-term, committed, monogamous relationship.

I've never had any negativity generated from sex in any of my past relationships, of course I'm married now. Personally, I love it :), but let's save that discussion for another time. It is something that you both should be ready for before you take that step. To make it simple though, I don't regret a sexual experience. Good luck.

AFrozenSoul said:
@Brian: Indeed, nothing will make a relationship awkward like actually accomplishing the purpose of sex.

I believe humanity has currently gone beyond the point where the purpose of sex is only reproduction. lol

Badjedidude said:
Sex is awesome. It only ruins the relationship if it takes over the relationship.

----Steve

That happened to me. It sucked. :/

Latest posts

Back