Sex or Immortality?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sex or Immortality?

• Sex, I just can't help myself... I'd never be able to do without

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Immortality - I want to live forever... as what I'm not sure

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Who wants to live forever anyway?

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
Right now I'd pick immortality. I don't have sex as it is, so never dying of old age would just be a plus :D

(Depends though - is it like eternal youth, or cripplingly old and unable to move forever?)

Having said that, I think all things have to die eventually, it'd be weird to last forever. Especially since the Earth we live on will probably get destroyed at some point.

I would love to live hundreds of years purely to accumulate knowledge, though. Imagine having hundreds of years to learn everything you can about culture, science and mathematics. It'd be amazing.

Sex... I didn't have to think about that one. LOL!
I rather not live forever, though the idea of living forever to learn everything there is to learn is highly tempting! ^_^
But I choose sex. :p

Gutted said:
I'd choose to live forever. My hand would sort out urges.

Erm, I think that's not allowed too in this scenario? o_O
No sex means no sex, right? That is sex... it's called "solo". XD

It might just mean not allowing unauthorized reproduction, because if no one can die the world really would get filled up in no time, or it might be an inability to reproduce.

But if Immortality means becoming a Hologram Light being, or something that is not flesh and blood, then the urges of the flesh would no longer apply.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying that, Phaedron, I had wondered.
If we are to be a Hologram Light being for immortality, then I really REALLY choose sex. lol. I rather be a solid being that can feel and touch, regardless of sex or not. I'd miss soft and warm blankets in the winter or the feel of a lawn under my bare feet in the summer too much. Or a hug! o_o

Immortality = overrated

Sex = overrated

Alex (Jeopardy), where is the option for five million dollars and becoming an eunuch?

Looks like we have a very good idea of what it's going to be like...

He seems to same sex will be possible, procreation is apparently VERY different. Thats IF this is correct, of course. He describes this about halfway in.

[youtube]08LFYIA7pzE[/youtube]

I just wanna jerk off on barba's cinnamon buns!

Wait, did someone ask something about sex or immortality? Where are those **** buns?

No Immortality for me. I'd hate to live forever. That thought frightens me.

Immortality. I didn't even have to think about it. I'd give up sex in an instant for all the time I want to learn and explore the world. The longer I lived the more options that would open up, I'd assume.

it is alot to ponder for sure..
to be an adult forever, you could work up to be uber rich or even a world leader if you set your mind to it. and then if you got sick of living some day go buy yourself a rocket and launch yourself into the sun. (i dont think the op mentioned indestructable)

but to give it all up for sex..
although it's a nice. i like...i like it alot ;p
but if we step back and think about it, it does seem like a very primal act that wouldn't matter to you what-so-ever if you did not feel the urges.

Latest posts

Back