Sexaholics

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188685

sunflower lover
Reaction score
What is it about people that are addicted to having sex that they just can't get enough of having sex?

What is it about people that are addicted to having sex that they just can't get enough of having sex?

While I do agree that some people do use the veil of "sex addiction" to disguise a lot of scummy behaviour. People that do struggle with the actual condition of sexual addiction have most likely suffered trauma at a young age which conditioned them to have a compulsion to be sexually stimulated more than the average person.

Just keep in mind that it's an actual debilitating condition that can leave those that suffer from it with difficulties remaining in a healthy relationship as well as sometimes dictating what a person does with their day.

So it's not just "wanting to have a lot of sex", it's a compulsion similar to OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder)

I don't know about "sex addiction".

I don't need, or want, to be a player. That looks like a lot of work, honestly, it looks like a job - stressful and unfun. Always having to stay in character, and play mental chess, instead of just living.

For me, I would at least like for sex to be an option in my life, like a normal life. That's it.

I don't know, isn't this like any kind of addiction, that it actually changes your brain paths?

I'm not so sure. I mean technically I suppose you can get addicted to most things, but the thought of someone actually being addicted to sex just seems unrealistic somehow. Probably because addictions tend to stem from other means, rather than a natural process like sex.

I'm not so sure. I mean technically I suppose you can get addicted to most things, but the thought of someone actually being addicted to sex just seems unrealistic somehow. Probably because addictions tend to stem from other means, rather than a natural process like sex.
Those other means interact with receptors in the brain, so it does not seem that strange to me.

I don't know. But, I really like having sex when I'm in a relationship. I don't know how some people can have sex all the time though. Parts become sore and get bruised.

I guess sex is just like any other addiction. In reality, the problem is not that you have a drug or sex addiction, the problem is that you have an emotional problem that you can't deal with and use sex or drugs to fill up that void.

It is this unhappiness that makes us do such things.

I was thinking more about this. I have an addictive personality. So, if I like something I over do it whether it's food, exercise, work, drinking, whatever. I continually have to stop doing certain things because I realize I'm doing them too much / too often. While others get tired and bored with something I just keep doing them until it becomes obsessive.

Sexual trauma can cause that.
But also it's called Basic Instincts for a reason, doesn't require much thinking to do and since its an instinct it could also just be animalistic of their compulsions.

I think there's also just so much more to it than sex. I mean that part is enough lol. But like going out seeking it, having some kind of magnetism and being able to turn it on or use it. Probably feels good just like chasing any feeling.

Latest posts

Back