Should I feel bad I'm a Virgin?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I'm probably never going to have sex or kiss anyone. I should just accept it.

There are benefits to being a lifelong bachelor. No STDs, no kids, more money to spend on yourself, etc.

If this is going to be me when I am 30 I will kill myself. I have thought about it so many times what is my purpose in life, no girlfriend, some friends who don't even txt me, trying to at least get a job being denied twice. I am sorry I don't mean to offend you.

Well, I have a circle of friends, have had jobs and currently in school, pretty well off otherwise. I probably shouldn't be complaining, girls aren't everything.

As much as I know the advantages and disadvantages of being in a relationship it doesn't stop the burning desire within me to be in one (I've never had a serious relationship). I seem to thinking about the physical aspects of a relationship more these days too which doesn't help. I've been on my own for 5 years and I'm a virgin, but it doesn't really bother me all that much (I'm 21 so 'I'm still young and have plenty of time'). A lot of you seem to have the right mindset. I'm trying to alter my mindset too, but it is not easy. I hope that you all find what you are looking for one day :)

Honestly, having someone tell you that you shouldn't feel bad, probably won't make a difference. It works that way with everything, whether it be virginity, looks, or whatever. I used to be fat & people told me: "don't worry about it, blah blah blah". It never made me feel better, because all that mattered was what I believed. To me, it was a major problem, regardless of what anyone else said. It was just something that I had to change and I did.

I've got a few years on you and I am also a virgin. In isolation, being a virgin is not the end of the world. Technically, it's something that can be solved easily, as opposed to looks, clinical depression, disabilities, and other illnesses, which are all mostly out of your control. The problem is that it can't be viewed in isolation. You have to take the person into account. If it's someone who is happy and who's just been waiting for the "right" person, no problem. If it's someone who's depressed, socially inept, aloof, and hopeless with the opposite sex, then you've got a problem. Chances are that such a person, of which I am one, would require an exceptional set of circumstances to actually get close enough to someone to have sex.

I was too sleepy to read your entire post, but I hope you either disagree with me and believe that you can change your situation, OR that you are not like me. :D Good luck buddy!

ForeverAlone92 said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I'm probably never going to have sex or kiss anyone. I should just accept it.

There are benefits to being a lifelong bachelor. No STDs, no kids, more money to spend on yourself, etc.

If this is going to be me when I am 30 I will kill myself. I have thought about it so many times what is my purpose in life, no girlfriend, some friends who don't even txt me, trying to at least get a job being denied twice. I am sorry I don't mean to offend you.

If I knew that I would never EVER get a girl, then I would use some of that dough for sex, at least once. Screw it! Pay a lot for a healthy and high-end girl and do it. The world might be out to screw me, but I swear I will screw back, at least once, before I die! :p

Latest posts

Back