Should I give up on this girl?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Innerpeace

Reaction score
Okay I'll give you a little background information. I met this girl in December during the last weeks of my university classes before Christmas break. She was sitting next to me in class on day and class was over and we were talking (we both had presentations) and after class she was like want to walk with me to the bus stop. I said no I drive and I asked her were she was going and found out she lived in the same city as me (hour drive). So I was like I can give you a ride and she said sure.

anyways for the next 2 weeks I gave her rides home and also picked her up from her house to drive to our final exams 2 weeks later. we also exhanged numbers and I met up with her to study at the lirbrary for our finals.

anyways this was her final semester and she is not in school now and I am ( I graduate in summer). since the end of the final exam (December 08) I haven't seen her. I didn't call her or send her any texts. But on Christmas she send me a text just saying merry christmas.

so 2 days later I phoned her and talked to her for like 5 minutes and said merry christmas and sorry for not phoning you and asked her hows she's been. she said she's just looking for a job right now and then she said "maybe we can meet up and chat sometime" and I said sure,and she said I'll send you a text.

okay so I waited a week and she didn't send me another text. so on new years (Jan 1) I sent her a text saying hey happy new year, and then said want to meet up this weekend?

she send me a text later that day saying hi, happy new year, sorry I'm too busy this weekend but I'll let you know when I'm free for the coming week.

okay that sounded good but it's january the 13 now (12 days later) and she still hasn't sent me a text saying when she's available.

also she's not in school andmore so she can't be looking for a job 24/7. I know she volunteers but that is also a couple hours a week.

the fact that she told me once on the phone and also late in text "that she'd let me know via text when she's free" she doesn't want me setting up a time to meet up with her.

anyways I'm thinking of not texting her again and if she never texts me back she must not be interested and I should just forget about it.

this sucks I always get my hopes up and then nothing happens.

This may just be a matter of bad timing. She's only been out of school a month now and apparently doesn't have a job lined up. In general, this is a time of really finding who you are and what you want out of life. Setting priorities. Her's (if she even has them figured out yet) may not include starting a relationship with everything else that's changed in her life right now. You'll be finding out in a few months, everything is different when you don't have school anymore. Even if you know this in your head, the reality hits everyone. Some a little harder than others.

Don't completely give up on her. But don't expect anything either. Hopefully some type of relationship can develope in time. But it could be anything from romance to just a casual friendship. But even those are nice to have. ;)

I think she knows what she is doing. she wants to become a police officer but she's trying to get other related jobs right now.

I just can't see her beeing "busy" for the past 12 days not to have time to meet up with me for a bit.

also the fact that she told me that she'll let me know when she is free to meet up she probably doesn't want me to keep on asking her.

so I'm thinking of just not texting her anymore it's already been almost 2 weeks since I texted her and she replied saying she is busy that weekend and she'lll let me know for the week ahead but she never did.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but it sounds like she's blowing you off.

Nobody is *that* busy if they really want to meet up/hang out.

I agree somewhat with LonelyDragon. It doesnt really sound as though she's blowing you off per se. It could be, but I'm leaning more towards busy looking for a job. Interviews aren't the only part of the job seeking process. You have to change your resume' to suit whatever company you are applying to, and if you are smart, you are also doing research on the companies to get background information on exactly who they are looking for. Believe me...this process is VERY time consuming. So, add all that, to volunteer work, family and life in general, and it can take the majority of a person's time. I'd say try to at least keep in touch with her over the coming few months, at least until you are out of school. She will likely have found employment, and will likely have some free time on her hands. I know that you mentioned texting her, but do the two of you ever exchange emails? It would be a great way to squeeze in a little more interaction. :) Maybe you could make that suggestion the next time you call or text her. Your post was devoid of certain details, such as if either of you have ever shown the other, any signs that there was any kind of romantic interest. Does she know that you like her in that way?
Good luck, dear. :)

Innerpeace said:
I think she knows what she is doing. she wants to become a police officer but she's trying to get other related jobs right now.

I just can't see her beeing "busy" for the past 12 days not to have time to meet up with me for a bit.

also the fact that she told me that she'll let me know when she is free to meet up she probably doesn't want me to keep on asking her.

so I'm thinking of just not texting her anymore it's already been almost 2 weeks since I texted her and she replied saying she is busy that weekend and she'lll let me know for the week ahead but she never did.

my ex was trying to be a cop and she had two jobs but she always had time for me everyday.
if she texts you anytime soon then great, but if not forget about her.

Send her a text again. It can't hurt.
Sometimes life dose get busy. And you forget.
I forget to call people sometimes. :(

Heck i was suppost to do something for my dad
a couple of weeks ago..He reminded me again
this lasted weekend...I reminded myself again
yesterday to do it...guess what ???? I didn't get it done.
I got busy or just tired and totally forgot.

I kid you not...onetime a girl told me she couldn't see
me for a while...like 6 weeks.
She told me she needed to focus on certain things or school..
I was like....yeah right. She's blowning off big time...

She actaully called me back as she said she would and wanted to go out with me.
So you never know....

if she *just* graduated college she would (or should) have been prepared for the job hunt; meaning her resume would only need minor changes for specific companies/fields.

Job hunting is time consuming, but it doesn't take up 24 hours. After normal business hours I'm sure a normal person could squeeze in an hour or two for dinner or coffee.

Even if she can't do dinner or coffee, she could text call. How long does it take to send a text? 30 seconds?!

If she isn't willing to give you 30 seconds to say, "Sorry I'm busy maybe another day" than is she even really worth it?

Thank guys.

on jan 1 when I texted her and asked her she did say she was busy but she did say " I will let you know when I'm free for the week ahead".

so I assume she said that because she didn't want me to keep on asking and said that "she would let me know" as in I should wait till she lets me know.

if she still is "busy" 12-13 days later and hasn't sent me an update then I just assume she is not interested.

she does seem shy though but still I spent some time with her during the last 2 weeks of school (driving her to school, and studying with ehr at the library) so I'm not a complete stranger to her.

in her text on jan 1st she said sorry for returning your text late (she texted me back later that night) and said hope you had a great new year but i'm busy this weekend and will let you know for the week ahead.

she never did so I'm pretty sure she's not really interested.

I'm leaning on not texting her again until she actually texts me (if she does).

she did tell me to add her to facebook when I was still going to class with her and I said I don't have facebook.

I'm thinking of making a facebook acount but I don't really have any friends lol. a lot of people have told me to add them to facebook from work etc so I think facebook might be a good idea.

people might think i"m a loser though if I have 12 people on my facebook acount. everyone has like 300 people on their facebook lol.

Innerpeace said:
she did tell me to add her to facebook when I was still going to class with her and I said I don't have facebook.

I'm thinking of making a facebook acount but I don't really have any friends lol. a lot of people have told me to add them to facebook from work etc so I think facebook might be a good idea.

people might think i"m a loser though if I have 12 people on my facebook acount. everyone has like 300 people on their facebook lol.

Just because you don't have Facebook, doesnt make you a loser. I still say don't give up just yet. Not everyone has the time, nor the inclination to keep up with Facebook, Myspace, etc. It's certainly not going to hurt you to try again, now is it?

Innerpeace said:

There's a difference. The 12 friends you add you probably know. I'll bet they don't know many (if any) more than that of their's.

Some people just add anyone,including those who are not close to.I do have a lot of contacts even people that I do not met before.

Latest posts

Back