should I risk it and ask this girl out tomorrow?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Innerpeace

Reaction score
In my earlier thread I mentioned i'm going crazy over this girl at work. I've liked her for over a year at work now and I may be getting fired soon and i'm worried I'll miss my chance to ever ask her out and will never see her again and it will make me go crazy.

she added me to facebook a couple months ago but I can't ask her out on facebook if I get fired.

Anyways I see her only once a week and tomorrow I get to see her at work. Its hard finding her alone though to talk to her, I can't ask her out with other people around so I don't know what to do. plus i get extremely nervous around her like sometimes I go red and get all hot and sweaty when I see her.

I'm unsure of whether she likes me or not so i'm really scared. the only clue I have that she likes me is that when we see each other she gives me a really big smile and looks really happy and she doesn't do this with other people.

however on facebook when she added me I told her I miss seeing her at work but I don't know if that was clear enough for her to know i like her. I assume she knows.

signs she may not like me is that since that facebook things she has largely been ignoring me, like not coming to me all the time like she used to and sometimes walking by me and not acknowledging me but then sometimes she starts walking past me and smiling again .

she seems shy but I don't know i'm confused.

I once asked her to come to lunch with me (a drive to pizza place) at work during lunch and she was like "do I have to come?"
and I said no don't have to but if you want to and she said okay don't want to.

but i have a feeling that she likes me I can't describe it but I could be wrong and i'm going nutz.

also now i'm scared I may get fired in the near future and I will get really depressed if I don't see her again because I really like her and feel like she may like me aswell. I catch her looking at me sometimes from a distance.

she's a cashier so I can't just walk up to her whenever and talk to her at my work. I'm thinking of when I get a chance like if she walks past me and smiles say hey come back here for a second I want to talk to you and ask her if she wants to come out with me next weekend like to the beach?

I really don't know, but i'm scared tomorrow I may not get a chance to get her alone or she may ignore me again and I won't have a chance to ask her. I'm wondering if I should go up to her when she is at cash (sometimes I have to hand her somthing like a receipt) and tell her hey I want to talk to you later, but i'd get really nervous saying that and that may make her uncomfortable?

what do you guys think? i'm really shy and get panick attacks because of this and it's driving me crazy. I don't want to get fired soon and not ever see her again and wonder forever what if.

Honestly...sometimes when I see a hawt babe and don't at least introduce myself I feel a little bit bad...becuase most likelyhood I'll probably never see her again. There's not a right way or a wrong way...
What's totally wrong is that I never spoke up and gave myself a chance.

Being single is fun...I'll get us to it again.
I know I can't win the loto if I don't buy a ticket..even if i have the winning numbers in my hands.lol

Me...my personality...in your situations or being single and getting a chance to see a girl I like over and over again.
I would had ask her out a long time ago. Even if she rejected me the first time. I'd ask her again just to makesure. :p
I do the third time is the charm rule...lmao
If she turns me down after the third time....then it's a definite.

That just me though. I've been with many, many beuatiful women. I've been rejected by many beautiful women.

I don't take reject too well..(like a lot of people) but eventaully shake it off...
Mostly it's becuase I would have peace of mind becuase it was resolved one way or the other.
The question was resolved whether the answer is YES or NO.
On the flip side..I know I gave myself a chance...so it's a win, win situation for me...from my perspective, personality or attitude.

I'm a purchasing manager by trade...I get rejected all the time by clients.
I have to submit bids (contracts) over and over again.

Sometimes I'm also forced to reserch for material that dosn't exsist and meet outrageous dead lines.
I have to put myself out there and constantly serch for salutions...beyound my means or regular channels or routines.
In other words...I have to think outside of the box. Adapt to what is and not what I think it should be or how
things ougth to be.

Sometimes...I feel so powerless becuase of the constant pressure of my job and I feel I done all I can.
I've exhausted all of my resource.
Sometimes going into the office is costant chaos and madness becuase nothing gose right. (my way or easy)

Somedays (a lot of days)...I just turn it over to god or LET GO. Do what's in front of me.
Bascailly one foot in front of the other...one project at a time..one e-mail at a time, one phone call at a time.
Whatever the out come...whatever it maybe...I've LET GO of the outcome.

I still have to make those dreadful phone calls or inform my boss of not so good news. Tell him what he dosn't
want to hear. Or contact 40-50 sources in onday looking for a especific microchip.
In other words...let downs after let downs before I find what I'm looking for.

Somtimes my boss will give me a part to look for that no one in the office can find.
I'll just make 1 phone call and there it is..lol

When dealing with women...I use the same principle...becuase my emotions get driven all over the place
as well, in bussiness and pleasure. (SEX and MONEY..:p)

YES ask her out..but let go of the outcome.

that's what i'm thinking I think not knowing is going to hurt me much more in the long run than being embarassed and rejected.

if I get fired or never see her again and wonder if she liked me it will hurt me a lot I think as it is doing now torturing me every day.

it's hard though getting the courage to put myself up for her to say no to me and crush me in that instance. I get panick attacks at work and I'll probably go all red asking her which is not cool.

I don't really know if I can do this tomorrow I'd rather jump out of a plane but I want to try to do this if I can get the chance.

with my situation do you think it would be wise to say hey blank I was wondering if next saturday you want to come out with me, like to the beach or something to hang out? but I can't ask her out when she is standing working I'm also nervous about saying hey I want to talk to you before you leave today.

I honestly have never really "asked a girl out" I have been on one date that's it. never had a girlfriend and i'm 23.

I don't want to put us both in an awkward position. if I ask her out she will also tell all her friends at work. all her friends at work already likely know I like her because they look at me etc.

The worst she can say is no. I doubt very much she'd make any kind of a scene or think less of you for just asking her out; at the least she'd probably be flattered, even if she doesn't wish to go out with you.

If it helps, think of the simple act of asking her out as a personal victory, no matter what her answer is. If it were me I'd be pleased as punch with myself just for mustering the courage to ask someone out, whether I'm rejected or not.

Oh, and try not to worry so much about the blushing; some girls think that's cute.

Good luck!

Innerpeace said:
I don't want to put us both in an awkward position. if I ask her out she will also tell all her friends at work. all her friends at work already likely know I like her because they look at me etc.

don't worry....Life is awkward.
If you havn't notice.lol

Oh well...if she dose...she dose.
Try to look at it in this light...
Is she worth more than your pride getting hurt ?.

Are you worth more than your pride getting hurt ?
What I'm saying is...you have a chance of being with her is worth more than your pride or not ?

Give yourself a break....ask her out.
Try to lighten up...if you can.

anyway...when my ex-wf was in labor having our child...She was cursing me out , screaming at the top of her lungs
, blaming me for everything and wanted to kill me...lol
Life is awkward like that....
Don't sweat the small stuff....it's all small stuff.

*sigh* You're still dealing with the same girl? You already asked her out to lunch and she said no? I really would not bother with this one. Especially remembering the things you mentioned before about her. I also do not think she would want to go out with someone that might get laid off from their job as well.

she's only 18 and still in her last year of highschool.

my job is just a part time thing i'm a full time university student. I can just get another dumb job like this. this is not my career or something. just a part time job to pay my gas and insurance while going to school.

Just ask her out again. Whatever her answer will be.

It's the knowing that will bring you peace and you'll be able to move forward with your life
whether it's with her or without her.

I can't make that decision for you nor can anyone else...Please give yourself a break.
Make the decision....

The biggest problem I have to deal with for the past couple of years is REGRET and of not knowing.
Jenni worked with me. That's how we met each other. Jenni and I did the friendship or friendzon dance for years.

Jenni especially asked me if I love her but I never gave her an answer.
The situations or circumstance of our lives wasn't right...So I thought.
I wanted it to be the right moment the right circumtance.
But everything in my heart & soul or instink told me...she was the one.

Here's the thing...Jenni died.
So it's all wrong and awkward...anyway.
That why I've been kind of wacked in the head and having a hard time.
I have a lot of regrets....
The not knowing....not giving Jenni and I an honest chance...Not giving myself a chance.

Rejection is not easy.....Regret is in a class of it's own. I've been hating myself.

I play that moment of her asking me if I love her and me not giving her an answer
over and over again like a freaken crazy obsession..
It's even worst...becuase those same thoughts will run across my mind even if I won't
want them to....REGRETS is pure insanity , self hate, self boubt over and over again.

Here's the other thing...
When my ex-wife asked me out...it wasn't the most romantic setting or moment in the world.
Actaully it was pretty awkward for her I imagine...She was at work and asked me out in front
of a bonch of guys and one of my friends. I think in her mind..she just had to know becuase
I didn't go to her work everyday and she didn't know if she was ever going to see me again.
She bascailly caught me on the fly and just threw it out there.

When Sherry asked me out it was the sameway. She didn't know if she was going to run into me again.
She simply slipped me her phone number and told me to call her the brift moments she had with me
at church. I didn't go to church every sundays.

When Jenni asked me out..it was pretty much the same. Jenni simply got tired of waitng for me to make
the move. She happened to call me as i was walking out the door from work. I wasn't even going to
pick up the phone becuase I was so exhusted from work that day. I havn't spoken to her for over a month.
I also belive in her mind...she had to know to give herself peace of mind.

Okay..I'm single again and I've been trying off and on. I'm trying to move on with my life.
As I said...I treat my current situation with the same principle as I do my work.
It's not always easy but I keep throwing myself out there or bid out for more contracts..lol

I'm not putting all of my eggs in one basket.
I've been single and dated before. I don't think I'm a stud as if i get all the girls or somehow I'm immoral.
I'm single....I'm not committed to anyone at the moment.

I asked Dila out a couple of weeks ago. I never met her before.
She actaully gave me her phone number and we spoke 2-3 times for hours.
I don't think her mom likes me calling her...lmao
She stood me up for whatever reasons...but I'm peaceful with it. I gave myself a change.
I'm not going to put myself though regrets again....I don't regret asking that girl out.
I had too...she was cute :p

I've been emailing and calling Penni for the past couple of months.
I asked her straight up to give me her phone number and e-mail
Every so often she'll still call me back or e-mail me...I'm her insurance.lol
I've had a couple of lunch with her.
Penni is like one of those clients that's alway hard to close a deal..but if i can
get her to close the deal...it's going a hell of a contract...lmao

I've called Layne for months trying to get her to go out with me...she just being
friendly or whatever. She knows why i call her...but she won't give me an answer
oneway or the other.

Sue called me 3-4 days ago just to say hi..:)

fresia I don't know what I was thinking.

she smiled at me all those times last week I should have talked to her then.

she has gone back to fully ignoring me again. I looked at her today and she looks away not wanting to look at me avoiding me.

why would she do this to me? last week everytime she saw me she'd give me a big smile then this week totally ignoring me.

also before at work she used to be coming around me all the time also.

then she added me to facebook 2 months ago and now she pretends like I don't exist except for last week smiling at me again and now just ignoring me.

I feel like honeysuckle.

Latest posts

Back