Should I try again?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys, hope you're all doing alright

I've recently started going to uni and I got into this girl after we went out on a date.

I asked her out kind of impulsively, but she was interested so we went out and it went really well. There was rarely a break in conversation and it wasn't awkward at all which is really rare for me, and since then I've been pretty into her. But I've asked her out twice since then and she's said she was busy.

At first I thought she was flat out rejecting me so I kinda just accepted it, although frustrated. But yesterday I had a nice chat with her and she said she hadn't been out for ages so I'm thinking maybe she was actually busy and I'm just overreacting to it.

But now my issue is I'm seeming too needy probably so I don't know if I should ask her out again or not because if she rejects me then I pretty much have to give up on it. Or worse just becoming a friend, which, while it doesn't sound so bad, would be kinda like soft torture because I'm quite into her. She's like exactly my type so I need to be careful, y'know?

If anyone has some experience with this kind of thing I'd be happy to hear any ideas or opinions you have. I really like this girl and I don't usually get into people but I'm into her so I'd really like it to work out.

Thanks guys  :)

I think that if you really like this girl and think that it's worth it, you should take the chance and ask her out again. That being said, I know that when a girl complains about never going out out to a guy that does not necessarily mean she wants him to take her out. Girls are funny sometimes like that. She could have been busy those two times before, but then again, she could have not been. You know you like her, and it's up to you to decide whether she is worth that shot, so good luck!

I would say it depends on how she said she was busy. If someone asked me out and I was busy, but was really into the guy, I would make sure to say maybe in a couple weeks (or some other timeframe). If I were interested but not Gaga, I'd say maybe another time. Also how far apart did you ask her out?

In my experience, when a girl says she's busy and then doesn't suggest an alternative day for a meet-up, she's blowing you off gently.
I'm speaking purely from my point of view though, as it obviously also depends on every individual. But personally, if I like the guy who asks me out and I really AM busy, I'd suggest a different day, since it would also be in my interest to see him.

Guy_In_The_Corner_ said:
Hi guys, hope you're all doing alright

I've recently started going to uni and I got into this girl after we went out on a date.

I asked her out kind of impulsively, but she was interested so we went out and it went really well. There was rarely a break in conversation and it wasn't awkward at all which is really rare for me, and since then I've been pretty into her. But I've asked her out twice since then and she's said she was busy.

At first I thought she was flat out rejecting me so I kinda just accepted it, although frustrated. But yesterday I had a nice chat with her and she said she hadn't been out for ages so I'm thinking maybe she was actually busy and I'm just overreacting to it.

But now my issue is I'm seeming too needy probably so I don't know if I should ask her out again or not because if she rejects me then I pretty much have to give up on it. Or worse just becoming a friend, which, while it doesn't sound so bad, would be kinda like soft torture because I'm quite into her. She's like exactly my type so I need to be careful, y'know?

If anyone has some experience with this kind of thing I'd be happy to hear any ideas or opinions you have. I really like this girl and I don't usually get into people but I'm into her so I'd really like it to work out.

Thanks guys  :)

Well I gotta be honest with you mate, sure, it is possible that she is into you, but you should play it safe here and not for her, for you...

I've been through something similar 2 years ago, had her play me on and off for an entire year, so I'm saying go for it but careful, if you notice too many games, move on for your sake.

Latest posts

Back