Shoutbox poll/discussion

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What to do with shoutbox vs. chat

• Keep shoutbox on index page

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Only have shoutbox on a seperate page (there already is such a link)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Replace shoutbox with a real chat script (on seperate page)

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No shoutbox and chat are needed/relevant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace shoutbox with a who's online/greetings (sub)forum

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bjarne

Reaction score
Hi,

Personally, I have a little problem with the shoutbox, even in the updated version/placement. Shoutbox'es/chat's are ok, but I really do not believe that they should be on the index/frontpage. What do you think?

Is it possible that you could put it with in a forum? That would make the front page look moor neat.

BTW I voted "Replace shoutbox with a real chat script (on seperate page)" If your going to do something like that you might as well do the real deal as it where.

What exactly is a chat script?

I'm shouldn't vote till I know what it is I'm voting on exactly:p

For Gods sake lets just try a chat room and see how it goes. We have all of these polls for various issues but nothing ever seems to eventuate from the results.:rolleyes::p

Yep yep I agree we should at least try a chat room and if things go horribly awry then we can always go back

Well the java script won this poll by a good margin, it was 61.54%. What I want to know is, will anything come of this result or will things just remain as they are.

Blue Sky said:
Well it's been over a month since this poll was taken. Has there been a decision on whether we are going to try a chat room?

Your one of the most respected members here blue sky so I feel when you do post in feed back that you deserve an answer to your question. The reason I didn't answer the other post was because I just don't know what the admin have got planed. sorry, wish I could of been moor helpful in my reply to you.

Or we can just go on off topic and write: chat!!! And we all go there and chat cause yesterdaywe were doing that and it was not the right place o_O

Well, thankyou to Bjane and the mods for getting a chat room up and going. Now all I have to do it work out what time the other members will be chatting, seeing that I live on the other side of the world to most of you.:)

the shout box has been dead since it was moved to the bottom of the page.
Any chance it might be moved back? I think it would be better back on top... but maybe I'm alone on that one.

Latest posts

Back