Showing a little gratitude

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can you think of one thing to be grateful for today?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Naleena

Reaction score
I made this thread for anyone who would like to participate in an on going gratitude list. I know it's easy sometimes to focus on what's not going right in our lives. I used to be one of the most negative people you could meet. All I focused on was what was wrong and boy was there plenty of it! I learned that whatever I focus on, is what I saw. As I continued on my jouney of life, I began to start seeing the good things in my life. The more good you look for, the more you will see. It's like whatever you focus on, comes to you.

Focusing on what is right and being thanful can be a life changeing experience. I left some quotes below incase anyone wants to read them. My favorite of them is "If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice. -Meister Eckhart

1. I am greatful today for the opportunity to serve homeless vets with my son who was so excited about it he didn't wait on me to bake the cookies.

2. I am thankful for my sister. You all know her as Eve. She always has my back. I love you, Eve.

3. I am thankful for all of you. Some of you have become my friends, others I admire from afar.

4. I am thankful for the things that I go through that teach me to be a better person. They really suck when I am going through them but, I am greatful because without them, I wouldn't be who I am.

5. I am greatful for coffee! Mmmmmmm! Fresh ground beans and real cream! Half and half please. : )

Saying thank you is more than good manners. It is good spirituality.
-Alfred Painter

The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving. -H. U. Westermayer

Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands, because if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will not be happy -- because we will always want to have something else or something more. -Brother David Steindl-Rast

If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice. -Meister Eckhart

The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings. -Eric Hoffer

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity.... It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow. -Melodie Beattie

Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others. -Cicero

Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude. -Denis Waitley

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. -Buddha

Thanks to all the negativity in the world because it consistently proves me right. Without all the bad things, I would have nothing to point out to people who live in a blissful stupor.

Unacceptance said:
Thanks to all the negativity in the world because it consistently proves me right. Without all the bad things, I would have nothing to point out to people who live in a blissful stupor.

RFLMAO!! Yout too funny! You should have your own show....lol
A Cyber hug for you!
((((((((((((((((((((((Unacceptance))))))))))))))))))))

**Naleena suddenly falls to the ground in a fetal position**
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, he got me wit his evil eye! Help **cough cough** Help me.... X- {

*Thinking*

Well edit post later when I have thought of something :)

Editing time. my mum and my sister terned up unexpectedly. Not seen my sis for a long time. it was nice to see her again.

Naleena said:
Unacceptance said:

RFLMAO!! Yout too funny! You should have your own show....lol
A Cyber hug for you!
((((((((((((((((((((((Unacceptance))))))))))))))))))))

**Naleena suddenly falls to the ground in a fetal position**
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, he got me wit his evil eye! Help **cough cough** Help me.... X- {

Only if it was a radio show, millions of people sure as hell are not tuning in to my ugly mug. Though I'm sure me giving folks a daily dose of pessimism during their drive time would just leave them more pissed off at the start of their day than normal. The amount of spouse abuse, work place shooting rampages, and road rage incidents would skyrocket. Maybe they should stick to their broadcasted toilet joke jockeys and top 40 pop artists that rip off what top 40 pop artists from before have already done.

I am thankful for my mother, who despite illness and hardship can still cook an incredible sunday dinner.

I am thankful for places like this and the people in it. All of you, who allow me the luxury of ranting endlessly about...everything. :)

I am also thankful for Ernie Ball regular slinky guitar strings.

Amen...

Dain it Nalee.... But I don't wanna make another gratitude list :(
I guess I'm not above it yet...even I learned the lesson a long time ago.

But here gose....

I'm greatful I'm alive
I'm grateful for today
I'm grateful I can walk, run, jog, ride my bike.
I'm grateful I'm healhty and don't suffer from any phsical pains.
I'm grateful I can see
I'm grateful I can hear
I'm grateful I can talk
I'm grateful I can smell
I'm grateful I can taste
I'm greatful I can feel
I'm grateful I can cry
I'm greatful I can think
I'm grateful I can read
I'm grateful I can write
I'm grateful I can play and write music.
I'm grateful...there's still plenty of hair on my head.
I'm grateful I have a job
I'm grateful I have a nice place to live
I'm grateful there's plenty of food in the house.
I'm gratful i have a nice place to rest my head and night or sleep.
I'm grateful I have money in my pocket
I'm grateful I for the songs that others write and share for me to listen to.
I'm grateful for this web site
I'm grateful for the many freinds I made here.
I'm grateful for the PMs I get almost everyday from someone that cares about.
I'm grateful for the chat room..a place i can hang out and luagh with my on lines friends.
I'm grateful for the phone calls I get from people that cares about me.
I'm grateful I still have real friends in my life.
I'm grateful my parents loves me and care for me.
I'm grateful I have a PC
I'm grateful I have a Z28
I'm grateful I have a bike to ride
I'm grateful i have a pool to clean and go swiming in.
I'm grateful I have guitars i can play
I'm grateful I have a diital recorder to record my music.
I'm grateful I have a fleet of R/C models i can fly.
I'm grateful for the sunsets and sunrise.
I'm grateful for nature..nature brings me so much peace.
I'm grateful for the many books or literature many had written so i can read and learn.
I'm grateful Jenni was a part of my life when she was alive...I love her so much. I still miss her sometimes.
I'm grateful for this thread for helping me get the ball rolling of something I thought about doing for weeks.

maybe I'll add more as time gose by. There's just so much to be grateful for.

Thank you Nalee.

Lonesome Crow said:
Dain it Nalee.... But I don't wanna make another gratitude list :(
I guess I'm not above it yet...even I learned the lesson a long time ago.

But here gose....

I'm greatful I'm alive
I'm grateful for today
I'm grateful I can walk, run, jog, ride my bike.
I'm grateful I'm healhty and don't suffer from any phsical pains.
I'm grateful I can see
I'm grateful I can hear
I'm grateful I can talk
I'm grateful I can smell
I'm grateful I can taste
I'm greatful I can feel
I'm grateful I can cry
I'm greatful I can think
I'm grateful I can read
I'm grateful I can write
I'm grateful I can play and write music.
I'm grateful...there's still plenty of hair on my head.
I'm grateful I have a job
I'm grateful I have a nice place to live
I'm grateful there's plenty of food in the house.
I'm gratful i have a nice place to rest my head and night or sleep.
I'm grateful I have money in my pocket
I'm grateful I for the songs that others write and share for me to listen to.
I'm grateful for this web site
I'm grateful for the many freinds I made here.
I'm grateful for the PMs I get almost everyday from someone that cares about.
I'm grateful for the chat room..a place i can hang out and luagh with my on lines friends.
I'm grateful for the phone calls I get from people that cares about me.
I'm grateful I still have real friends in my life.
I'm grateful my parents loves me and care for me.
I'm grateful I have a PC
I'm grateful I have a Z28
I'm grateful I have a bike to ride
I'm grateful i have a pool to clean and go swiming in.
I'm grateful I have guitars i can play
I'm grateful I have a diital recorder to record my music.
I'm grateful I have a fleet of R/C models i can fly.
I'm grateful for the sunsets and sunrise.
I'm grateful for nature..nature brings me so much peace.
I'm grateful for the many books or literature many had written so i can read and learn.
I'm grateful Jenni was a part of my life when she was alive...I love her so much. I still miss her sometimes.
I'm grateful for this thread for helping me get the ball rolling of something I thought about doing for weeks.

maybe I'll add more as time gose by. There's just so much to be grateful for.

Thank you Nalee.

****! You make it look so easy.

-Admires you-

I'm grateful for.
my daughter.
coffee and doughnuts.
a phone call from a friend.
nature and all it's wonders.
Captain Morgan and his spiced rum
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Fender guitars
and Boobies:p

Not really Bluely....yeah freaken picking up a thousand pound pen to write a gratitude list is a challege and a half.
Once you get the ball rolling , it gets easier or pick up momentum.
The same happens when we get into negative thought process and trying to stop it is hard.

I actaully had a hard time comprehending this concept at first..becuase it seems so borning or corney.
But life had a way of sending me lessons when i was ready for them.

I lost everything when I hitted bottom. Wife, kids, money, friends, job....etc.
Then my sponsor asked me to make a gratitude list....i was like...F-that...my life sucked at that piont.
I had nothing to be grateful for. I was making over $50,000 a year before that.

So..my first job I got after getting sober was a crappy ass one. I tried everything but I
couldn't fine work accept that stupid job. I hated it. I had to freaken washed millions of dishes
everyday in an old folks home. At best i thought i just use it go get me back into a routine
of going back to work again...You know being on time and stuff like that...
But man...the guy I worked for was a **** slave driver ..he had me doing everything and
to add insult to injuries..he freaken cut my hours from 40 to 32 becuase i was doing such as
good job....I was like fresia this honeysuckle...but I was living with a GF and we had 2 beautiful girls
we had to feed. I felt really bad at times..I'd go to bed crying becuase sometimes my step
duaghter only had peanut butter and jam sandwich to eat..not even milk sometimes.

But I nevered made the list my sponsor asked me too. i was like fresia...fresia...life sucks.
Then oneday at work i had to got unplug a toilot.
I saw a guy my same age...was doing the same exact thing i was doing when i was partying all the time.
He got into an motor cycle accident. I was like...fresia...I was doing the samething on my ninja..hualing ass
and messed up all the time.
He was Blinde, half brain dead, bed ridden. His body motors couldn't even
fuction correctly. They had to wheel chair him and feed him like a baby too.
He was there in...when he fazes in.
So i started talking to him. He can hear me. He was just like me...Just a kid, a guy that had
a life...It freaken woke my ass up big time..All the things I had , the life i had, the things i could do
that he can't.

So I relized....there was much in life i took for granted.
I started making my graditute list....
it wad wierd..becuase the more grateful i was...the more life got better.

Within 6-9 months after that....I found a job..while i was digging through
a trash bin looking for material to build my model airplane.
i even stopped looking for a job...I exhusted everything. i did the best
I could..all that i would..but no freakn job...it was weird...lol

anyway...I move out to the country to a nice 3 beb room house
where i can raise the girls. It was freaken wierd dude...like white picket fence even.
Freaken we had so much materail stuff after a while too...like 3 sports car, Nija, Big TVs
and all the good stuff.

But slowly stopped working my program...becuase life got really, really good.
i kind of truned into a workalholic...
Sometimes my gf would even tell me...she liked it better when we were poor
becuase we were close, close and never fought.
It's wierd...it was more simple when we were stupid poor.
It got stupid complicate when things got good..we grew apart.
She even aske me and begged me to go back to my meetings and get into working my program recovery again.
For like almost a years...she kept tell'in and asking me. I was so stupid and hard headed. I thought i was cured.
Then oneday...I can home from work at 7:30 PM at night...She was gone.
I bascailly took her for granted....

Anywho...it's like life has come full circle for me...I have to start over again and
I still feel life sucks ass sometimes still. I know what i have to do...it's just doing it ...as you say.

Lonesome Crow said:
Not really Bluely....yeah freaken picking up a thousand pound pen to write a gratitude list is a challege and a half.
Once you get the ball rolling , it gets easier or pick up momentum.
The same happens when we get into negative thought process and trying to stop it is hard.

I actaully had a hard time comprehending this concept at first..becuase it seems so borning or corney.
But life had a way of sending me lessons when i was ready for them.

I lost everything when I hitted bottom. Wife, kids, money, friends, job....etc.
Then my sponsor asked me to make a gratitude list....i was like...F-that...my life sucked at that piont.
I had nothing to be grateful for. I was making over $50,000 a year before that.

So..my first job I got after getting sober was a crappy ass one. I tried everything but I
couldn't fine work accept that stupid job. I hated it. I had to freaken washed millions of dishes
everyday in an old folks home. At best i thought i just use it go get me back into a routine
of going back to work again...You know being on time and stuff like that...
But man...the guy I worked for was a **** slave driver ..he had me doing everything and
to add insult to injuries..he freaken cut my hours from 40 to 32 becuase i was doing such as
good job....I was like fresia this honeysuckle...but I was living with a GF and we had 2 beautiful girls
we had to feed. I felt really bad at times..I'd go to bed crying becuase sometimes my step
duaghter only had peanut butter and jam sandwich to eat..not even milk sometimes.

But I nevered made the list my sponsor asked me too. i was like fresia...fresia...life sucks.
Then oneday at work i had to got unplug a toilot.
I saw a guy my same age...was doing the same exact thing i was doing when i was partying all the time.
He got into an motor cycle accident. I was like...fresia...I was doing the samething on my ninja..hualing ass
and messed up all the time.
He was Blinde, half brain dead, bed ridden. His body motors couldn't even
fuction correctly. They had to wheel chair him and feed him like a baby too.
He was there in...when he fazes in.
So i started talking to him. He can hear me. He was just like me...Just a kid, a guy that had
a life...It freaken woke my ass up big time..All the things I had , the life i had, the things i could do
that he can't.

So I relized....there was much in life i took for granted.
I started making my graditute list....
it wad wierd..becuase the more grateful i was...the more life got better.

Within 6-9 months after that....I found a job..while i was digging through
a trash bin looking for material to build my model airplane.
i even stopped looking for a job...I exhusted everything. i did the best
I could..all that i would..but no freakn job...it was weird...lol

anyway...I move out to the country to a nice 3 beb room house
where i can raise the girls. It was freaken wierd dude...like white picket fence even.
Freaken we had so much materail stuff after a while too...like 3 sports car, Nija, Big TVs
and all the good stuff.

But slowly stopped working my program...becuase life got really, really good.
i kind of truned into a workalholic...
Sometimes my gf would even tell me...she liked it better when we were poor
becuase we were close, close and never fought.
It's wierd...it was more simple when we were stupid poor.
It got stupid complicate when things got good..we grew apart.
She even aske me and begged me to go back to my meetings and get into working my program recovery again.
For like almost a years...she kept tell'in and asking me. I was so stupid and hard headed. I thought i was cured.
Then oneday...I can home from work at 7:30 PM at night...She was gone.
I bascailly took her for granted....

Anywho...it's like life has come full circle for me...I have to start over again and
I still feel life sucks ass sometimes still. I know what i have to do...it's just doing it ...as you say.

God man. That's amazing. I know a lot of pain. But your inspirational.

My Nana has a white picket fence LMAO @ that.

You know what you should do. You should train to be a phyciatrist. Honestly you would be good at it. You are a very interesting guy. I think what going fro things like this dose, It makes you interesting and gives you character. You have cerasmer puring out of every pure on your body. You would have a lot to offer someone if you had a job that involved helping other ppl.

And ye your right. This kinder stuff dose seem a little lame. But you don't make it lame. You make it into something much better. You show that its not lame just how you come across. In fact its far from lame. Its necessary. But I Guss you have to reach a certain mechererty to know that.

I think your little girl would be proud to have a dad like you. And most kids enjoy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

OK I am thankful for the high gas bill I well be receiving on account I am leaving my gas on 24/7 to keep worm. But at least I can :)

I am thankful for my car. Specially in this winter moths :D

I am thankful for a mum and dad that love me.

I am thankful for the nice home I have to live in.

I am thankful for how easy it is for me to get a hold of good food.

I am thankful that I have a Nana that's steuben as a mewl lol But I love her stubborns as well.

I am thankful to live in an age and a place where I have the Internets.

I am thankful to Lonesome Crow for showing me how **** easy this honeysuckle can be...

Today is a good day.
Today is a good day.
Today is a good day.

I'm grateful for my sweater...cuz it's cold outside :p
I'm grateful for hot water....cuz it's cold outside and it feels good to take a hot shower.
I'm grateful for hot coffee....cuz it's cold outside.
I'm grateful for the beautiful sunrise...cuz it was beautiful
I'm grateful for the PM i got this morning...becuase it brighten up my day.
I'm grateful for my mom..cuz she gave me a ride to work this morning.
I'm grateful for my new driver licence becuase I don't look like an axe murderer in the mug shot...lol
I'm grateful for my new visa...i feel free now, i can anywhere I want without worries.
I'm grateful for my desk area at work...it's quite and peaceful so i can think better.
I'm grateful I had breakfest this morning...cuz it was yummi and I'm not straving.
I'm greatful there's people in my life.....other wise...I'd go freaken insane.
I'm grateful I thought of Jenni today. Even though i creid a little. She loved me for me and i can't say I was nevered loved.
I'm grateful for my MP3 player..it's sweet !!! I can Rock out on the go.

Today is a good day. :)

I'm grateful for hot coffee because it helps me wake up.

I'm grateful for the people in this forum because I don't have any friends where I live except one that I seldom see. You brighten my life and I love you all.

I'm grateful for my car! It's an old 92 toyota and has seen it's days and a couple of fender benders but, I love it! It has kept going and has been my way to work and school. I call her Bessie :)

I'm grateful for another day of life and good health. Working at hospice can open your eyes to a lot of things. I see people grieve everyday and that slow wearing away of thier bodies. I see family members go through so much WAITING for thier loved one to die. Thank the Creator that I am blessed that I do not have to go through such pain or see someone I love go through it.

Today...is...a good day

I'm grateful for the fog...I havn't saw fog in a while:p
I'm freaken grateful my mama bitched at me this morning :(
I'm grateful I have a nice park I can go walk, jog, or ride my bike.
I'm grateful I have another jacket caz my sweater is stinkie now.

I'm grateful for my deorderant and colone....when me secutaries come to my desk...I smell sexy :p

Lonesome Crow said:
Today...is...a good day

I'm freaken grateful my mama bitched at me this morning :(

You should be greatful because I left you my phone number because you asked. You have another 3 1/2 minutes to get it. After that...Im taking it down :)

I am thankful that my heart has the capacity to love so freely

I am thankful for all of those that have crossed my path and made a positive influence on my life, even though they don't call or talk to me much! I am content to have simply passed by them in the darkness of the night...their essence lingers with me and strengthens me

I am thankful that I was able to make someone smile at one point.

I am thankful for my pain, for without pain there can be no growth.

I am thankful for sadness, for without tears there can be no joy.

lol i'm also a little thankful that now that it's later in the year and colder, i can wear long pants, therefore i only have to shave whenever the hell i want to

XP

evanescencefan91 said:
lol i'm also a little thankful that now that it's later in the year and colder, i can wear long pants, therefore i only have to shave whenever the hell i want to

XP

amen.

Earlier today I was nearly overcome with gratitude for the amazing opportunity I've had to recieve a free education for the last six years. I really am grateful for the chances and the knowledge I have been given and continue to recieve as a youth in this country. It's really incredible, to be able to recieve this education freely. I hadn't really appreciated this as much until I had to pay for my AP and IB exams and realized that my education is not free, but merely free for me. Since then I have come to appreciate more every day the gift I have been given.
Today in my economics class durring a discussion on the local election results I realized how truly lucky I am to be there at all. Might sound lame but it was a powerful feeling. Done being sappy now though ;)

I am thankful for the safety of the dark.
I am thankful for the silence that speaks to me.
I am thankful for the solitude that comforts me.
I am thankful for that place inside of my soul that no one can enter.
I am thankful for love in all it's many forms, both great and small.
I am thankful for my intuition that leads me.
I am thankful for the few I let into the sacred place of my heart
and who accept me as I am. No expectations, no demands.

This song and my admiration is for them.
[youtube]Oao58LsKn64[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back