Shut up Shut up Shut the hell up!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris 2

Reaction score
shut the fresia up, I can't take this anymore. Why won't my mom shut up, she might as well tell my secret to the world. She made me cry today, and this never happen before. She is using my secret against me, and it hurt so much. She keep calling me ugly and a pussy, and I can take this from other people, but I can't take this from my mom. The car home from church my mom embarrass me in front of my dad. She think my social anxiety is all make up BS, and said those psychiatrist are dumber than she is.

Then coming home my dad yell at me, and said we needed to talk, even though I was sad and wanted to be left alone, and when I said no, he grew angry, and now I don't know what to do. This is the perfect time to say to his face I hate him, and if he hit me, I will hit him back much harder, except he could still take away my computer, and thus my only online social life is gone, and I wouldn't be able to talk to you guys.

Guys if you have any secret, please don't tell your parents, and trust your conscience.

I grew up having a shitty relationship with my parent also.

Just remember it's only temporary. You can't win under their roof. Just sweat it out and don't do anything rash. Things WILL get better.

Chris 2 said:
Guys if you have any secret, please don't tell your parents, and trust your conscience.

i feel you

i learned that long time ago...um...when my boobs started growing and I told my mom and she told all the neighbors....

(((((Hugs)))))

chris~ I'm sorry to hear your mom is doing this to you. You are not ugly or a pussy. You are learning in life to be who you want to be. Please don't let anyone take that away from you. If you were my son I would tell you how proud of you I am and I love you for being your best. Know that you are surrounded with loving thoughts.

I can relate to you, my mom would embarrass me in front of my brothers friends :( One day she asked who burned my face when I had a pimple. And she did lots of other stuff too. My dad never talk to me except to say I wasn't his responsibility anymore on my 18 birthday. I moved out months later. Needles to say I don't talk much with either of them, I am in the background if they need something after all they are old and I'm not vindictive. I also know they treated me better than their parents treated them.

And my darkest secrets are still secrets. I looked at the secrets and said I forgive those persons for the hurt they caused me. When I decided to forgive the pain eased. (I forgave in my mind, not to their faces)

Sometimes you have to get angry and just say "Hey mom, you <insert shitty truth about her here>. So just shut the fresia up you stupid cunt!"

But maybe you aren't able to do that without things getting worse. But if not then just get in her face, show her your anger towards her so that she is somewhat afraid (on the defensive). Say the line above, and if she gets physical then you get psycho physical. Its worked for me, it really gets the point across and people realize that putting you down isn't the solution to whatever they think is wrong with you.

Dont think your parents are the enemy, they only do it because they care. Hear your dad out. and dude, seriously, chill. lol

Your mom is just having a hard time because of her being under stress, talk to your dad, even if you hate him. Do Not Agrivate Either of Them. Try to stay on their good side. I'm sorry to hear about what's happening.

Sorry to hear about that.

I stop telling my family anything important about myself. Any time I told my mother anything, other members would ask me about it. Plus, I overhear her on the phone.

Maybe you should get a journal and use that to release your feelings.
I personally just keep them bottled in. Very unhealthy.

I know it must be very difficult but only you know your parents and what they will do and not do.

We can all recall the relationships that we had/have with our parents and most people here will either say that their relationship was poor so don't trust them...and others will say that you should share with them everything and give them time...only you can answer that question though.

Speaking personally I have spoken to my counsellor at length about the relationship that I have with my parents...going way back to when I was very young...but this has also included the relationship that I have had with my brothers. I'm not going into the details here because they will remain personal to me but I know that there are times when I have shut my parents out of my life and dealt with things myself...quite unsuccessfully on occasion.

The one thing I am going to say is ask for help...I actively refused to ask for help...and became isolated and alone...and my family thought everything was fine.

I also think a journal is a good idea as long as you set yourself little goals every day to make positive inputs into it...don't let the journal just become something where you slag yourself off.

Sorry to hear things are rough.

I'm not one to patronize or tell you what to do, but if you're interested, I'm happy to lend my perspective.

I had a similarly contentious relationship with my folks at a young age. As I got older, though, I realized that they really were doing what they thought was best, even though at the time it felt awful to me. They pushed me really hard... not because they didn't like who I was, but because they saw what I could become.

Now that's not to say that they weren't in the wrong at times. But that's life, you know? We make mistakes and we learn from them. Our relationship got much better as we both learned and grew.

The thing is, they don't have all the answers. I know that sounds obvious, but it's more complicated than just telling them "Shut up you don't know me." Believe me I tried that one plenty... to no positive avail. What I had to realize is that my folks were trying. I'm sure your folks are too. And even if they make mistakes--because they are human and fallible--they want you to be the best you can be.

I hope things get better. This too will pass.

My mom used to be like that. she would get fed up of my depression, every so often. My father is very detached sometimes I think he couldn't give a honeysuckle. but lately my mom has come to accept me, she learned that 5 years of those insults did nothing to change me. just made me cry.

I got like no close friends, never talk to girls and spend most of my time in a basement. I live with it and Im not sad much either. You guys need to grow some balls.

Chris 2 said:
shut the fresia up, I can't take this anymore. Why won't my mom shut up, she might as well tell my secret to the world. She made me cry today, and this never happen before. She is using my secret against me, and it hurt so much. She keep calling me ugly and a pussy, and I can take this from other people, but I can't take this from my mom. The car home from church my mom embarrass me in front of my dad. She think my social anxiety is all make up BS, and said those psychiatrist are dumber than she is.

Then coming home my dad yell at me, and said we needed to talk, even though I was sad and wanted to be left alone, and when I said no, he grew angry, and now I don't know what to do. This is the perfect time to say to his face I hate him, and if he hit me, I will hit him back much harder, except he could still take away my computer, and thus my only online social life is gone, and I wouldn't be able to talk to you guys.

hey...i'm a newbie hir...;p and i'm sorry to here about ur issues with ur parents...

anyway, have you tried bringing up these issues to them? calmly?... this may really sound too general, but why not try talking to ur parents when they're not in an argumentative state?..

Latest posts

Back