Shy When Flirting..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheRealCallie said:
So you just want to fresia her?  I don't see the problem with saying that.  As far as how to accomplish that, you need to be alone in an intimate setting.  How about suggesting a movie?  Not in a theater, in a private setting.  Make some popcorn, get some blankets and see where it goes.  

But, you might have to consider that not everyone has sex with people right after they meet them, especially when they are visiting your sister.

That's actually really good advice...but I don't live on my own so it's going to be a real pain! I can't think of anywhere we could actually "get down to buisness", without just risking my Dad walking in with me ******* a girl he's known since she was at school....

Yo! This girl is picking me up in her car now! Advice anyone! How can I "be myself" when 50% is awkward and shy and is trying not to freak out, and the other 50% just wants to rip her clothes off...Help! Two hours left!

TheRealCallie said:
She's just a human being, just like you.  Girls aren't some mystical creatures, we are the same as you....

Okay...but there's a big language barrier as her English is only slightly better than my Spanish.  We are both constantly trying to understand eachother. I'm scared of any awkward silences...what could I do about that? I'm messed really ain't I? God I wish I knew Spanish right now. If you were speaking to a guy you like but you barely understood eachother (he was from another country), what's the best way for him to show he likes you? And also not be boring...

TheRealCallie said:
Do you have a language app on your phone or a Spanish dictionary?  Use it....

So you can't think of any physical things? Nothing sorta flirty? I mean even lighting her cigarette but pulling the lighter away so she leans in closer is one idea...I don't have any Spanish apps that could help me on my phone when offline (in a car) and we're going to a concert so I can't really walk around with a dictionary...45 minutes before I go please any advice is appreciated!

Osiris said:
TheRealCallie said:

So you can't think of any physical things? Nothing sorta flirty? I mean even lighting her cigarette but pulling the lighter away so she leans in closer is one idea...I don't have any Spanish apps that could help me on my phone when offline (in a car) and we're going to a concert so I can't really walk around with a dictionary...45 minutes before I go please any advice is appreciated!

How'd it go?

mattsmom said:
Osiris said:
TheRealCallie said:

How'd it go?

Well I'm glad you asked... I've spent the last 20 minutes screaming into a pillow...it went pretty good thanks lol! I can blame my nephew for things not going any further (little cock blocking honeysuckle) haha sorry I've had a few drinks. But honestly, we got to this little gig and my loud friend was there again and I'm not going to lie, he gets on well with her which worried me abit because they always laugh together... but I got those eyes...looking at me then looking down and playing with her hair.. as a bloke I told myself. "She probably just likes playing with her hair, there's no way she'd like me"...and anyway we all say our goodbyes to friends and leave. Literally no talking on the ride home in my head thinking "honeysuckle, she's probably forgot I'm even back here" her friend was in the front. Anyway we're getting out the car, a little bit of flirting started. Then out of nowhere she says, "we'll see you tomorrow!" I'm thinking "fresia me this is great, how is she still interested when I can speak about two words of Spanish to her" then she finishes off in the most beautiful way in her Spanish accent she said "Tomorrow, I want two words from you. Even if its queires cervesa, do you want a beer! See you!" and I don't know how I smiled and waved without looking like a freak, any closer they would have seen me blushing. So I still feel anxious about seeing her again...but I'm excited as well. God she's perfect, I know Callie said women aren't mystical creatures. But this woman...she's mystical alright...now I'm just thinking "What are we doing tomorrow, she doesn't have my number.." but she's staying with my sister so she should give her my number. (Unless she's a cock blocker as well) haha. Oh her eyes...her smile.. shes even great with my nephew. I'm trying my best not to doom it from the start because she's my perfect woman. We could never work long term at the moment because of the language barrier and she lives really far away (Plane trip). But for me she's perfect...

So thanks for asking, sorry that was so long I needed to tell someone! Earlier I was asking for advice, I guess she likes this weird anxious bloke over my outgoing friend. God knows why, but I'm not complaining! Thanks for caring, I'm going to struggle to sleep with her on my mind.. :club:

Would she be a mystical creature if you did NOT want to have sex with her? Lol

I'm glad it went well. Might I suggest teaching yourself a few Spanish phrases and some potential answers before seeing her again. That might impress her.

TheRealCallie said:
Would she be a mystical creature if you did NOT want to have sex with her? Lol

I'm glad it went well.  Might I suggest teaching yourself a few Spanish phrases and some potential answers before seeing her again.  That might impress her.

To me... probably yes. I mean she's the perfect girl for me. She likes a drink but not too much, she's great with my nephew. She just seems to have an aura about her...The only cons are she lives miles away and is childhood friends with my sister..so there's that!

Now comes the hard part! What phrase or phrases should I learn! I mean I just looked up "Muy Bonita Ojos" (Very Beautiful Eyes) then I realised what a dick I would probably sound..but then again she might find it cute..ohhh. what do I learn??

I wish I could explain her better, words fail me! I think because she's so pretty she's used to arrogant blokes trying it on with her a lot. I think she likes my awkwardness...which is pretty rough on "Mi Corazon" because she doesn't put me out of my misery. She gets a little smile and just lets me just stumble over my words..so back to my new question what should I learn. If you asked a non English speaking man to learn two words for you, what 2 words can you think of that might make you find him more attractive?

TheRealCallie said:
It doesn't matter what phrases you learn.  Just something you don't know.  Would you like a drink or something about the weather.

I know technically it doesn't matter, but I wanted a phrase that would at least make her smile. Especially since it shows I learnt it just for her..

TheRealCallie said:
I think, if you put in the effort of learning something just to be able to talk to her in her native tongue, it will put a smile on her face.

"I'm going going back back to Callie Callie" Sorry I had too haha

Think of all the inappropriate things you could say in English, they exist in Spanish as well!! lol

Please, you're a woman. Do me a favour, any phrase I shouldn't say? Nice smile, pretty eyes, etc. Or should I avoid compliments...I don't know. Considering I've not been able to speak to her properly, I really want to at least make it obvious I like her now. I mean it's less than two weeks now before she goes. And to be honest, I'm gonna be a little pissed if I don't at least get a kiss of her! haha :p

TheRealCallie said:
Osiris said:
And to be honest, I'm gonna be a little pissed if I don't at least get a kiss of her! haha :p

And to be honest this seems a little controlling and possessive to me.

Yeah it was a joke...get a sense of humour maybe?

TheRealCallie said:
Some "jokes" aren't funny and just give off red flags.  Also, I'm not so sure that as a "joke"

I said a kiss? It's not like I said "I'm going to kill someone if I don't get that pussy" that would be a red flag! It was a joke, don't try and make this into something it isn't. I've seen you do that before on here, and I won't let you try and make me sound bad when people are jumping ship because of honeysuckle like this. Of course I'll be a little disappointed if nothing happens. That doesn't give off a red flag, that's just natural really.

Seriously, you need to stop getting so argumentative. There's no need to get pissy, it WAS a joke. Now I know I definitely shouldn't take any advice you give me! You're nothing like the girl I'm speaking too...she would of just laughed and continued the conversation like a normal person would.

TheRealCallie said:
I'm not the one arguing here.  I stated my opinion, you are the one blowing it up.  Also there is a huge difference between pissed and disappointed.

Hmm I don't think so... if someone told me they were "pissed the weather wasn't nice for a BBQ" I wouldn't assume he was red in the face, stamping his feet and a danger to society. I'd assume he was disappointed. Sorry but I'm not going to argue. There's plenty other people who will indulge you. I was asking for advice and instead of giving any, you decided to pick one little thing I said and blow it out of proportion. So thanks for that.

Latest posts

Back