Shy When Flirting..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can be disappointed without being pissed off. Not sure if it always works the other way around.

Also, please don't start the bickering. If you don't agree with someone, ignore them. There's no sense in trying to make someone agree with you. Let it go.

VanillaCreme said:
You can be disappointed without being pissed off. Not sure if it always works the other way around.

Also, please don't start the bickering. If you don't agree with someone, ignore them. There's no sense in trying to make someone agree with you. Let it go.

I'm sorry but I was asking for advice, and out of all of the things I said. She picks out one sentence and decides to try and make me sound like some rapist or something. That's pissed me off. And this might be a country thing, in England there's a big difference between "pissed" and "pissed off" pissed is used like slang. For example "Mate, I was pissed I didn't get her number at the end of the night I totally forgot" If someone said "pissed off" it would be weird. Pissed is like disappointed, but more banging your head against a wall than crying yourself to sleep disappointed.

But as I said to Callie I'm not going to argue with you. I actually knew you'd comment, whenever she starts on people you always turn up to take her side no matter what she's saying. As a moderator, that's a "red flag"! Sometimes it would be better to just say "I misunderstood, sorry" but you won't. When my character is being questioned I'm not going to apologise for standing up for myself and/or let it go. Do you know what it's like to have someone make you sound like a rapist as a man? No, you don't. So thank you for your advice to "let it go", but when someones implying I'm a danger to women, I'm not going to sit back and take it.

Pretty sure I gave you advice. I'm sorry if you don't like that I'm not going to script it for you.

You want MORE advice, fine. Be YOURSELF, stop trying to be something you aren't and give yourself a **** pep talk so you have some confidence. It's pretty clear that she likes you, so why are you trying so **** hard to change yourself?

Also, red flag doesn't always mean rapist. It can mean a variety of things. If you jumped to rapist, that's on you, not me. That's not what I meant by red flag...not then and not now.

Osiris said:
VanillaCreme said:

I'm sorry but I was asking for advice, and out of all of the things I said. She picks out one sentence and decides to try and make me sound like some rapist or something. That's pissed me off. And this might be a country thing, in England there's a big difference between "pissed" and "pissed off" pissed is used like slang. For example "Mate, I was pissed I didn't get her number at the end of the night I totally forgot" If someone said "pissed off" it would be weird. Pissed is like disappointed, but more banging your head against a wall than crying yourself to sleep disappointed.

But as I said to Callie I'm not going to argue with you. I actually knew you'd comment, whenever she starts on people you always turn up to take her side no matter what she's saying. As a moderator, that's a "red flag"! Sometimes it would be better to just say "I misunderstood, sorry" but you won't. When my character is being questioned I'm not going to apologise for standing up for myself and/or let it go. Do you know what it's like to have someone make you sound like a rapist as a man? No, you don't. So thank you for your advice to "let it go", but when someones implying I'm a danger to women, I'm not going to sit back and take it.

I never take anyone's side. I would have said that if it were anyone else. You asked for advice and you received some. Ignore it if you don't like it. But not liking it doesn't mean you have to pick apart things yourself.

TheRealCallie said:
Pretty sure I gave you advice.  I'm sorry if you don't like that I'm not going to script it for you.  

You want MORE advice, fine.  Be YOURSELF, stop trying to be something you aren't and give yourself a **** pep talk so you have some confidence.   It's pretty clear that she likes you, so why are you trying so **** hard to change yourself?

Also, red flag doesn't always mean rapist.  It can mean a variety of things.  If you jumped to rapist, that's on you, not me.  That's not what I meant by red flag...not then and not now.

I actually asked what phrase I should learn for her, that was all. I just wanted to have somebody else's opinion on what I should learn to make it clear I like her. And I wouldn't say it's clear she likes me by a country mile, she might just be friendly and like to flirt..

I'd like to move past the "red flag" thing now. If you didn't mean rapist, to me you meant controlling or abusive etc. Which I did take offence at because of the amount of respect I have for women. About 80% of my large family are women so I was always going to get offended.

I'd still love some advice on what phrase to learn though. I did take your advice and just be me and it went okay so please if you could answer my original question. What compliments/phrases would you find sweet/cute and not sleazy?

Learn any phrase that's easiest for you. I think the effort you've put into it will be more appreciated than being fluent in it. Find something kind to learn. She has beautiful eyes, or a nice smile.

There's no formula, man. Or either you are born in a way you don't have to ask this things, or you stay stuck in forums like this unless some amazing luck happens to struck you.

Latest posts

Back