sigh

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

floffyschneeman

everything is like water on my hand. nothing really stays except the emptiness I feel.

That's quite the koan you have there. Well, it's not a koan, but it makes me feel smart to use that word.

Read the Bhagavad-Gita (or Hermann Hesse's Siddharta, if the BG is a bit too arcane). It has a great deal of wisdom on essentially what you just mentioned. Life is fleeting, full of phantoms that outwardly appear as luscious fruit, but are in fact apples full of maggots.

Everything changes, nothing stays the same unfotunately.
That's just one of the beauties of pain, and expectations, the search for happiness itself is the cause of pain. It's a vicious cycle. Pain will always be in the background of pleasure.

Regardless, good luck! :D

Badjedidude said:
Water on your hand...

CAN I BE YOUR TOWEL?? :D

of course my hand, how can water be empty (HMM)

and yes you can, you are clean right :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

this thread has really no significant point, I just wondered why feelings seem so passing. but the emptiness is always constant, regardless of happiness, sadness, or what ever honeysuckle you are feeling at the moment. It's all 'at the moment'. after that you feel empty. Is there such a thing as empty happiness?

Happiness is a state of mind. In a perfectly enlightened way of thinking, happiness would be completely unaffected by our environments or the people in them.

I think of happiness as a journey, a way of being at peace.

Hey floff duude what's wrong man. *SUPERHUG* Sorry had to go...hmmmm......Later na lang mkay?

Latest posts

Back