Silly but reassuring diagram!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuietGuy

Reaction score
I made this diagram many years ago. Its meaning should be fairly obvious :)

diagramc.png

I start with the hopeful assumption that there is a lovely girl somewhere out there in the world, who will one day be my lifelong companion. If so, then she must be alive right now, at the very instant that I'm typing this! She's going about her day-to-day life, and so am I. Each day is bringing us one step closer to meeting and falling in love. Up to that moment, we're apart. From that moment onwards, we'll be together forever.

Each day, the grey "today" line moves one step closer to the green star. I don't know how long it'll take to reach the star, but I know it will eventually. All I have to do is wait patiently, never giving up hope. Obviously I'm not expecting the girl of my dreams to just randomly knock on my front door one day :D But as long as I get out there and keep meeting new people, then one day it will happen.

OK, OK, I know it's a silly diagram :p But it has reassured me many times, and continues to do so.

i like your attitude too. but for me the whole waiting thing hasnt gotten me anywhere. my current situation in that respect isnt helping my attitude either. sigh... i wish i could have that attitude right now.

if I rotate to diagram clockwise.
The green destination piont is where I wanna be too :p
no matter how you look at it...it's all good.

That's a nice way of looking at things. I wonder if we are all on that same type of path to whatever happiness we seek in life. I hope so.

(hmm) Two lightsabers converging? I dun get it.

:p j/k

It's a nice little diagram and indeed a good way to look at things. But there should probably be a warning label at the bottom that says, "THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN MAGICALLY BY ITSELF."

Well just like the other said.. i really like your attitude ^^ i think im gonna make changes to my own hehe

Latest posts

Back