Small talk and high expectations

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot to mention online dating. Such fuckery. So glad I gave up on that.Bored and desperation led me to that b-s.

Wow. I've improved since this post. When I talk to people now, I don't even expect anything, because I know it won't go anywhere. I barely say hi to anyone anymore either. I seriously feel like a true loner now. Today, I got ignored by this woman at work, but I now know not to speak to her either. Ah. Life is great. ^_^

You know... There are days where a person's smile brightens my day.

A person's kind and out-of-the-ordinary gesture has made all the difference between some rough tug-of-wars I've had with myself. It has made me stop and think, "Maybe it's all not so bad."

I hope you all don't lose that light in you. It inspires light in others. Never underestimate the power of a smile or kind gesture.

You have a point there, but still. A lot of people don't appreciate kindness. You can smile,wave,and say hello to a person,and they could totally just ignore you - for whatever reason. I've had it done to me many times,and now when I go by a person, I don't say anything unless we happen to make eye contact or if I know them. Like at work, there are a select few that I initially greet, but that's only because I (kind of) like them. I do agree with you about how a kind gesture can really brighten someone's day. Even if it's just the little things, I appreciate all of it. If I get a compliment, or someone greets me, it does lift me up a little.

It could just be about the people you talk to. They might just be the type that are hard to connect with. Don't stop trying though. I'm sure there is some fun in that right?

Latest posts

Back