So alone, no meaning and no life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lonely Boy from OZ

Not only am I horribly lonely but I also have an intense existential depression. Life feels empty and meaningless to me. The conditions of my life are not good and I have no one in my life who is close to me. This make me very sad.

This is a very humiliating thing to share with 'friends' that you hardly ever see--especially when they have a partner, family or close friends that they see on a regular basis. And everyone today is so busy. We don't have time for each other anymore.

Plus I lost my job and have almost no human contact! I feel like I am living in a loveless prison of solitary confinement.
If you were to see me out and about, you'd never guess that I live this intensely painful life..

I get frustrated with people who give trite answers: keep your chin up, Be positive, stay busy. These people are likely to have never spent a holiday alone nor have they felt the deeply intense pain of loneliness. It is a burden that people carry to varying degrees and for some of us, it is a living hell. There is so much pain and misery in the world all the time... I'm convinced you have to be in deep denial, well-distracted or in la-la land to be happy here.

I guess it is therapeudic to write this out to no one in particular. I feel very much for all the people who posted on this lonely forum. Makes me even more sad...

Lonely Boy from OZ said:
Not only am I horribly lonely but I also have an intense existential depression. Life feels empty and meaningless to me. The conditions of my life are not good and I have no one in my life who is close to me. This make me very sad.

This is a very humiliating thing to share with 'friends' that you hardly ever see--especially when they have a partner, family or close friends that they see on a regular basis. And everyone today is so busy. We don't have time for each other anymore.

Plus I lost my job and have almost no human contact! I feel like I am living in a loveless prison of solitary confinement.
If you were to see me out and about, you'd never guess that I live this intensely painful life..

I get frustrated with people who give trite answers: keep your chin up, Be positive, stay busy. These people are likely to have never spent a holiday alone nor have they felt the deeply intense pain of loneliness. It is a burden that people carry to varying degrees and for some of us, it is a living hell. There is so much pain and misery in the world all the time... I'm convinced you have to be in deep denial, well-distracted or in la-la land to be happy here.

I guess it is therapeudic to write this out to no one in particular. I feel very much for all the people who posted on this lonely forum. Makes me even more sad...

Everybody experiences loneliness..at different times maybe.. and some more than others. But it's very much a human condition. You need to know..for whatever it's worth..you're always welcomed here Ozzy..

Find ANY excuse to get out of the house. Go to the store, walk to the post office, or volunteer somewhere. You need human interaction otherwise you will get more depressed. I'm not sure what part of the world you're in but at this time of the year the change of weather affects people attitudes.

Just remember that Christmas is approaching and even the smallest shopping store, mall, etc. is most likely going to be really busy. I would definitely do it either way though

It really does suck being 20 years old and not be able to leave the house, I feel like I am missing the best years of my life!! :(

Colette said:
I'm not sure what part of the world you're in but at this time of the year the change of weather affects people attitudes.

It's nearly summer here in Australia :)

Lonely Boy from OZ said:
YOU MUST BE LOOKING AT THIS THREAD AND THINKING..... OH WHAT'S THE POINT... THIS SOUNDS LIKE A JOKE...... WHO CARES ABOUT THIS DUDE..... IM NOT EVEN GONNA REPLY TO THIS THREAD AT ALL..... I MIGHT JUST MOVE ON TO THE NEXT THREAD ON PURPOSE

All I can say is that I understand what it's like to have no human contact. And I CARE. You can PM me any time if you want someone to talk to. I may not have anything insightful to say, but I'll definitely listen.

The truth is I'm going through alot of pain right now.

It just seems that no matter what words you try to use to explain what pain your going through, its really hard for people to notice or even have the will to care.

Not being able to show my true emotions, not being able to tell anyone that I really am suffering...... It is really killing me inside. I am just gutted and so devastated at the moment.

I really don't know how long I'm gonna last. But this pain is taking out 59 years of my life expectancy. I just don't think I have long to live at all.

OZ, please feel free to pm me, I am willing to listen whenever you feel able to talk about what is hurting you. I've said this before, but the worst thing in the world is to be hurting and be all alone.

Lonely Boy from OZ said:

I say this a lot to people, but you are not alone. Lots of people understand and care. Even when it seems like no one does. I know I do.

Latest posts

Back