So Alone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

australiangirl

Reaction score
Sorry I havent been on for about a week or so..family health
problems but lately Im feeling so alone. No one seems to want to
talk with me either on twitter I dont know why I have so many followers if only one or two respond I dont have any friends and when I did have friends they all dumped me for other friends. I only have two good
friends tho they live far from where I am. Maybe in this life I am not
meant to have friends. *Sigh* all day I sit here no one to talk too.

Do you know that there are days whaen I sit alone on my dining room carpet, gazing blankly out of the window whilst piping softly on my tin whistle and dreaming of better times (actually I don't have a tin whistle but the rest is true :D ).

Aw, sorry to hear about your predicament :( internet friends are cheesey and genearlly un-needed. Except for everyone here, people here are awesome. But as a general rule, twitter-ers and facebook people can be real dickish :/

Hi Naval_Fluff
The people on twitter I follow well we are all there following one other person our favourite singer but I seem to be ignored these day by everyone I think I have maybe 4 people who respond to me where I have over 100 followers. :( I just feel so left out..as I said in my opening..im not meant to have any friends in this life.

hey look i know nothing i can say will be of help. but if you need me pm me please. i'm always here.

LMAO @ StarStrider LOL!!!

Life is worth living. No matter how down you are, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. And it is not worth taking your life. There are many people out there worse off than you I am sure.
I am sure your meant to have friends. Just at this point in time it isn't working out quite right.
Dream for the future and make them come true.

Could you tell us a little more about yourself... please :)

Usually, only about 2-10% of people who register for anything where they themselves can respond actually do contribute responses. For example, pretty much only 2-10% of people registered or regular visitors on reddit.com actually post and reply to stuff. Same for my favorite car review site, ttac.com. Basically, try not to feel so bad. People are just strange. :)

Edit: Just remember, just like you shouldn't forsake your old friends for new ones, don't forsake the people who respond to you for people who don't respond at all. Remember who your friends are and treat em nice. Be thankful and what not. :thumbsup:

I know how you feel!
I find that social networking sites make me actually feel worse about the state of my social life.
If anything, no one wants to add me lol.
I have said to myself...perhaps I am meant to be alone, never to have friends.
So I've been there, done that.
But at least you have two good friends.
Even despite distance, a good friend, is a good friend no matter where they are.

One of my aunts, has a childhood friend that still keeps in touch with, after 15+ years of leaving the country. They haven't even seen each other since she left!
I always envy her...how she has friends everywhere, around the world.
Keep in touch with them, it is hard to find good friends.

And maybe you'll make some new friends here too. I'm new to the forums - fine, not really, been lurking for a while lol - but just started chatting with others here. A lot of good people here, that understand.

Luna said:
I find that social networking sites make me actually feel worse about the state of my social life.

Wow you are right. I never thought about it but there probably are people who social networking sites make feel better. My two year old myspace account has two 'friends' Tom and one other so i am in a similar situation as far as it's effects, as you and australiangirl.

Quoted from your thread in the new members section... "so low that the other night I wanted my life to end"

Sorry I guess I just took it the wrong way :)

Latest posts

Back