So are any girls ever interested in non-alpha males?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always feel very competitive with and threatened by alpha males. I feel like they just really intrude on my space, and I want them to shut up and get out. Immediately. When I have to talk or work with them I get angry and depressed because I can't relate to people who are loud, impulsive, aggressive or selfish. I just feel they're going to steal my precious resources, beat me, lie and cheat on me with a whole bunch of other women, or kill and eat my young.

So.... my answer is yes. Durr.

AFrozenSoul said:
@VanillaCreme: Sorry for making so much sense. Just because something is stupid does not make it any less true.

No. It was ridiculous. It's not true. And it didn't make a drop of sense. Nice try though. Gotta have someone with a crack pot idea of how one whole group of people think.

:club:

As far as I can tell, the myth that women are only interested in alpha males originated from men as a form of gender policing... "girls will never be interested in you if you're not an alpha male!" During my ill-fated jaunt into the realm of Pickup I noticed that those guys preach about "Alphaness" endlessly... it's interesting to note that the vast majority of pickup websites and resources I looked at were really misogynistic and full of rape apologists/victim blamers/ etc.

For some strange reason, men feel very threatened by anything that upsets their vision of masculinity... whether that's skinny guys with abs, transvestites or transsexuals, effeminate men, gay men... ******** like to bully/beat up/murder these people. I think this whole bullshit narrative of the 'alpha male' and its desirability are on the same spectrum of beliefs, in which men are punished (mostly by other men) to various degrees for any display of something perceived as feminine or androgynous. That's my take on it anyway.

perfanoff said:
nerdygirl said:
perfanoff said:
So what are all the scientists and mathematicians men? Xi males and Pi males I gather? :)

Sexy, that's what they are. Unfortunately, all but one of the scientists I know play way too many games.

You mean mind games? Interesting :)

Yes, mind games. Most scientists I've met toy with the emotions of multiple girls at once, switching from hot to cold and back again. They never actually seem to get involved with anybody- it's more fun to just get girls confused. I suspect those guys are enjoying the "player" concept because they were social outcasts when they were younger. It's kind of sad, because they seem oblivious to the fact that by wasting time this way, they're increasing the likelihood they're going to end up old and alone.

AFrozenSoul said:
It is just hilarious to read everything in this thread. How all the girls confirm that it is better to have a steady income rather than actually having to try.

After all, why date someone who can easily replace you? That means you have to remain attractive and interesting. Nope better to pick a guy who struggles to get mates that way you know he will value you regardless of how far you fall.

Some people just don't like having co-workers/bosses (whichever you're considering the significant other to be) that are jerks, and a lot of the men who try to be "alpha" are pretty big jerks.

There are very few real "Alpha" guys out there - most who classify themselves that way are really just d-bags who watched a YouTube video on how to pick up women - and all that made them was aggressive d-bags. When I was in college (way back when), I was in a fraternity that was about 70% d-bags who acted that way to pick up women - most of them were successful at getting one night stands, but only occasionally would they have anything long-term. (And none of those guys were "lead" dogs when we weren't in a bar or club).

But, I noticed that they always picked up the same type of woman - physically attractive, but of few other personal qualities (read: you wouldn't want to hang around with them during your free time). The less than Alpha guys were dating the girls that you could say "Yeah, she is the coolest chick".

My point is, of course there is hope for non-Alpha guys. They just can't be so non-Alpha that they don't approach women or let women walk all over them.

nerdygirl said:
perfanoff said:
nerdygirl said:
perfanoff said:
So what are all the scientists and mathematicians men? Xi males and Pi males I gather? :)

Sexy, that's what they are. Unfortunately, all but one of the scientists I know play way too many games.

Yes, mind games. Most scientists I've met toy with the emotions of multiple girls at once, switching from hot to cold and back again. They never actually seem to get involved with anybody- it's more fun to just get girls confused. I suspect those guys are enjoying the "player" concept because they were social outcasts when they were younger. It's kind of sad, because they seem oblivious to the fact that by wasting time this way, they're increasing the likelihood they're going to end up old and alone.

I just wanted to add: The sad part is that they think that this player-type, wannabe-"alpha" behaviour makes them more of a man, instead of the emotionally unavailable ****** they are. They have no empathy for the pain and hurt they can cause. I think the idea of actually relating to a woman on a core intimate level scares the hell out of them, since they're convinced she's going to leave them anyway.
Okay, I mean, it's not fair to apply the emotionally unavailable label to ALL scientists and academics and/or intellectuals, but I have stumbled on this type of guy a lot. A LOT.

Sarah_Lbnz said:
nerdygirl said:
perfanoff said:
nerdygirl said:
perfanoff said:

I just wanted to add: The sad part is that they think that this player-type, wannabe-"alpha" behaviour makes them more of a man, instead of the emotionally unavailable ****** they are. They have no empathy for the pain and hurt they can cause. I think the idea of actually relating to a woman on a core intimate level scares the hell out of them, since they're convinced she's going to leave them anyway.
Okay, I mean, it's not fair to apply the emotionally unavailable label to ALL scientists and academics and/or intellectuals, but I have stumbled on this type of guy a lot. A LOT.

Yes, that's why I specified "all but one of the scientists I know".

Ouch, that is harsh! Well I can't speak for other scientists.. but I personally am the type that warms up slowly and can tend to cool down fast if I'm not at a place where I would like to be.

Such an example is a girl that I have been talking to. It did get pretty intense culminating in one day, and we would have date on the day after. She failed to go and instead hung out with another guy that day (just a friend). I protested and she stopped contacting me. I took that as a back off signal, it did hurt pretty intensely so after a few days I cut off all communication for a week (she mainly noticed it by the facebook and chat programs deletion). I've reset of our relations and have been talking to her again.. I'd rather have her as a friend even at some distance rather than not talk to her at all.

She got very hurt over my cut of communication but... it was to cut my (pretty severe for somebody I like of course) emotions after a total fail of communication. So maybe not everything "scientists", at least with my personality type, do to just toy with people.

perfanoff said:
So maybe not everything "scientists", at least with my personality type, do to just toy with people.

Indeed. That's why I clarified- more than once- that I was referring to scientists I know.

You must act like an alpha male :) Brandish your two-handed axe and roar like a beast! Tear the shirt on your chest! Promise to beat up any man who mistreats her! Women instinctively want a man who can protect them :D

Stranger said:
You must act like an alpha male :) Brandish your two-handed axe and roar like a beast! Tear the shirt on your chest! Promise to beat up any man who mistreats her! Women instinctively want a man who can protect them :D

Reading this reminded me of the Thor movie with Natalie Portman in it.... It was turrible... Just turrible... If it came down to him protecting me or doing it myself, I'd much rather do it on my own. Dude couldn't even get his own sword. :club:

VanillaCreme said:
No. It was ridiculous. It's not true. And it didn't make a drop of sense. Nice try though. Gotta have someone with a crack pot idea of how one whole group of people think.
You also got to have people who want to believe that human behavior patterns cannot be predicted. No matter how many cases are presented to prove the contrary.

Oddly enough there are plenty of girls on here who have the crack pot idea that an alpha male is an ass hole. Who is to say that a male cannot be dominate and kind?
nerdygirl said:
Some people just don't like having co-workers/bosses (whichever you're considering the significant other to be) that are jerks, and a lot of the men who try to be "alpha" are pretty big jerks.
Yet oddly enough they are the ones everyone has deemed worthy of being in charge. They are the ones who get the promotions, they are the ones who get the power. All of us non-alphas sit down in our entry level positions wondering why we never get raises or promotions. We are good at our job and have more to offer than the jerk. Yet they rise while we sit there or fall.

AFrozenSoul said:
VanillaCreme said:
You also got to have people who want to believe that human behavior patterns cannot be predicted. No matter how many cases are presented to prove the contrary.

Oddly enough there are plenty of girls on here who have the crack pot idea that an alpha male is an ass hole. Who is to say that a male cannot be dominate and kind?
nerdygirl said:
Yet oddly enough they are the ones everyone has deemed worthy of being in charge. They are the ones who get the promotions, they are the ones who get the power. All of us non-alphas sit down in our entry level positions wondering why we never get raises or promotions. We are good at our job and have more to offer than the jerk. Yet they rise while we sit there or fall.

I'm a female non-alpha in every way and yes...it's true that extroverted persons tend to get all those things - that's because they go for it.
Non-alphas are often passive and waiting for good things to come to them. Despite being non-alpha...I've taken on management positions.
I'm very quiet as well but that doesn't mean that I have to be passive.

Anyone can be assertive if you put your mind to it. I did the moment I stopped making excuses for myself.

man i will say this i am alpha but i am myself at the same time im a natural born leader i have 3 friends and out of the 4 of us im the 3rd youngest and yet still the leader although i always say were all the leader and thats how i feel and yet i havent had a girlfriend in about 2 years but thats also cus it seems like theres no good ones out there anymore but what im trying to say is just because im alpha dose not mean im a hard ass person who thinks im better than everyone i have my problems just as much if not more than the next person

i dont care if there alphas or not.its whats in the heart that counts.romance love careing understand and lougher is all u need but sometimes its nice for a guy to make the 1st move.bc im alil shy sometimes .but its always good to be friends 1st.it makes it easyer

Alpha males only exit in packs. When people grow up, they carve their own paths, they make their own stories, having people around them as characters in an epic about their lives. And in turn, they are also just characters in somebody's epic. So I really don't know what people mean when they say ''alpha males''. I always think of wolves when I hear that term. Girls each have their unique preferences in guys just as guys have in girls.

I think pickup artists must have all read Brave New World. Only, in that world the alphas and betas love each other...

Latest posts

Back