So are any girls ever interested in non-alpha males?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rdor said:
I hate those juvenile and mentally challenged labels. I thought only teenagers used them.

I don't know if it is because I am older than most of the people on here, but I never labled any male or female since I was in high school either.

The only things I think about when I wanted to date a man or get into a relationship since then is whether the man is nice, honest, has a job which pays enough to support himself, and is open to trying my interests, as I would be open to trying his.

I don't expect a man to always be taking me out--I am willing to pay sometimes and pay 1/2 on dates, and he doesn't have to always have to think he has to buy me gifts for no reason.

I want him to communicate with me on all levels. I don't want to have to guess what he likes or doesn't like. I want to decide together on what we are going to do, etc. I don't want to make all the decisions, but I don't want someone who things everything is his choice, not mine.

LASTLY, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, I DON'T WANT A MAN WHO IS EVER VERBALLY OR PHYSICALLY VIOLENT, and will treat me respect, as I will him.

I don't think that's a lot to ask, is there anyone that thinks it is?

It's pure idiocy dreamt up by immature frat boys - I assume at least - because it seems to be an american thing as only americans can be so lacking in self-awareness.

Yeah divide men into two categories, women like one and not the other. Because humans are that simple. How stupid.

The popular/well liked people I grew up around would never have used such terms, instead would have sarcastically mocked any guy displaying the typical so-called "alpha" behaviour described on the net. There were plenty of popular guys who weren't like that, yet they weren't necessarily nice either, some of them emphatically not. Anyone who wore their egos on their sleeves in a non-ironic "alpha male" way would have been cut down. Laughed at. Called a dick.

"Alphas" would cry like babies when faced with real insults from some of truly nasty people out there.

I don't even think the terms Alpha male and Beta male should be used. It seems overly simplistic and there are other words that could be used to describe these sorts of people. Also, are there any empirical facts that back up the consensus that women like Alpha males? Is this what is thought of as masculinity? If so, i'll pass.

rdor said:
It's pure idiocy dreamt up by immature frat boys - I assume at least - because it seems to be an american thing as only americans can be so lacking in self-awareness.

Yeah divide men into two categories, women like one and not the other. Because humans are that simple. How stupid.

The popular/well liked people I grew up around would never have used such terms, instead would have sarcastically mocked any guy displaying the typical so-called "alpha" behaviour described on the net. There were plenty of popular guys who weren't like that, yet they weren't necessarily nice either, some of them emphatically not. Anyone who wore their egos on their sleeves in this non-ironic way would have been cut down. Laughed at. Called a dick.

"Alphas" would cry like babies when faced with real insults from some of truly nasty people out there.

Why did you have to say "it seems to be an American thing as only Americans can be so lacking in self-awareness?" That sounds to me that you are putting a derogatory "label" on Americans.

I take very much pride in being an American, and I don't insult or assume things about people in other Countries! It's called respect.

WishingWell said:
rdor said:

The popular/well liked people I grew up around would never have used such terms, instead would have sarcastically mocked any guy displaying the typical so-called "alpha" behaviour described on the net. There were plenty of popular guys who weren't like that, yet they weren't necessarily nice either, some of them emphatically not. Anyone who wore their egos on their sleeves in this non-ironic way would have been cut down. Laughed at. Called a dick.

Why did you have to say "it seems to be an American thing as only Americans can be so lacking in self-awareness?" That sounds to me that you are putting a derogatory "label" on Americans.

I take very much pride in being an American, and I don't insult or assume things about people in other Countries! It's called respect.

I would have to say the same... Although I take no pride in it, as I don't have pride for anything.

It's not a one country thing... There's people all over the globe like that... I'm sure there are people here on this forum who can think of at least 5 other countries who have the same train of thought... So you're the only one who looks stupid when you put your foot in your mouth by saying that. Just saying.

theraab said:
There are very few real "Alpha" guys out there - most who classify themselves that way are really just d-bags who watched a YouTube video on how to pick up women and all that made them was aggressive d-bags...

:)

Did these guys walk around in a college football jacket? Because the Alpha seems like a dated cliche.

theraab said:
But, I noticed that they always picked up the same type of woman - physically attractive, but of few other personal qualities (read: you wouldn't want to hang around with them during your free time).

and not indicative of most women who would laugh at obviously fake, easily deflatable confidence.

VanillaCreme said:
WishingWell said:
rdor said:

I would have to say the same... Although I take no pride in it, as I don't have pride for anything.

It's not a one country thing... There's people all over the globe like that... I'm sure there are people here on this forum who can think of at least 5 other countries who have the same train of thought... So you're the only one who looks stupid when you put your foot in your mouth by saying that. Just saying.

Thank you for saying I looked stupid and I put my foot in my mouth by saying what I did.

I was trying to say that it is an individual thing, and it has nothing to do with what country you live in, just like it doesn't make a difference where you come from to insult someone like you did me. Some people just have to say negative things about others. "JUST SAYING!"

WishingWell said:
Thank you for saying I looked stupid and I put my foot in my mouth by saying what I did.

I was trying to say that it is an individual thing, and it has nothing to do with what country you live in, just like it doesn't make a difference where you come from to insult someone like you did me. Some people just have to say negative things about others. "JUST SAYING!"

That wasn't to you, Wishing. That was to rdor. I agreed with you.

Girls only go for alpha males when they realize they cant get them they settle on us.Just like us guys all want a super hot girl when we realize we cant have one we settle for an average looking girl.

I think mature women do.

Unfortunately, the majority of mature women want sexual experience, and most beta males end up as 40 year old virgins. This is not appealing to the majority of women.

Alpha males are just as much fantasy to women as 'hot' women are to men but I think its just fantasy. All the women I know or have ever known at any age would rather have a guy with heart than one with an ego.

When you meet the right person you may 'look' or admire others, but you certainly don't see your partner/spouse as a compromise, if you do see them as 'all you can get' you deny yourself the existence you truly desire.

^ Very true.

And if you are delusional to think that an alpha male is a good option, you probably are better off alone.

I personally don't like straight forward guys. They creep me out. I rather have a guy with a heart and soul. A poet. ;) Not afraid to look sensitive around me. True gentlemen. Not always having sex on the brain. Tired of that. Ugh... more to life than sex.

wadokai said:
I am not an alpha male. I am confident (at times), but i am just not a person that can lead people.

Why limit yourself to being a person who only has the choice of leading or following? There are other options.

Without being offensive, would rather have someone who has 'evolved' and not ruled by lust, ego, money, vanity, status.

Someone may be flash , but its like having shinny glitzy present ' with very little inside'.

Agree with 'Leaningintothemuse' those who only look for the alpha type WOULD be better off alone ,or in for a rude awakening when all those 'materialistic traits' have either aged or expired.

WallflowerGirl83 said:
I personally don't like straight forward guys. They creep me out. I rather have a guy with a heart and soul. A poet. ;) Not afraid to look sensitive around me. True gentlemen. Not always having sex on the brain. Tired of that. Ugh... more to life than sex.

I think alot of people tend to form their own image of what an alpha male really is..
an alpha male is not necessarliy egotistical, arrogant jock with nothing but sex on the brain, by deffinition.
it simply means that they are the alpha is the individual in the community with the highest rank, stature, power, or skill. the dominant male in a paticular place.
I may be an alpha male in one place like say at my workplace, but then not the alpha when I play a sport.

there are deffinately times and places where people would consider me an alpha male in lots of ways.. but I don't think anyone will claim that I am without heart or soul, or not a caring and sensitive person.
I pride myself on trying to be a true gentleman. (ok, maybe sex is on my mind quite often but that isnt an alpha male trait either ;p)

lets not forget that alpha male doesnt not describe a personality type, but more of a rank in a community.

Latest posts

Back