So February 14th is nearly upon us!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CAS said:
I am of course referring to Valentine's day which I should expect makes most of the people on here want to put a gun to their head and pull the trigger.

This will be my 22nd valentine's day with no valentine and I plan to stay in bed for the whole duration. I won't be turning on the T.V. or the radio and I certainly won't be leaving my room.

It's all a load of complete and utter honeysuckle.
thank you for saying what im thinking : \

Stella said:
you don't need to be in a relationship for that, just go get a shag off someone. or pay a prostitute.

Exactly! You don't need romance or a bf/gf to be content and happy.

----Steve

In terms of wanting a boyfriend or girlfriend, I personally think it depends on what drives you...some people could give a f**k and be completely happy on their own no matter what, others (like me) are hopeless romantics. It can't be explained, it is just the way you are. Sometimes I think being a hopeless romantic sucks ass though and wish I could just make myself not care so much. I do have someone but they are too far away to do anything with anyway. *shrug* Ah well, life moves on.

I once bought myself my own big stuffed red and white doggy for Valentine's Day. ^.^ It was nice to cuddle with, and it was nice to spoil myself a little.

All it is really is a day set specially aside, used as an excuse for greeting card and candy companies to pressure you to buy more of their products. The original purpose was a "special day" set aside to "celebrate your love" (if you have one, that is) but my problem with that is...shouldn't you be grateful/show your partner affection/love on a regular basis? Why does it have to be one day where you put in any kind of effort? But eh, that's just me.

there's an alternative to V-day.. it's Black Love Day (feb 13th) check it out..

it's less about gifts and romantic 1-on-1 love and more about love for the creator (whatever your version is), the community, family, yourself.. etc..

pretty cool i reckon :)

Estreen said:
The original purpose was a "special day" set aside to "celebrate your love" (if you have one, that is) but my problem with that is...shouldn't you be grateful/show your partner affection/love on a regular basis? Why does it have to be one day where you put in any kind of effort? But eh, that's just me.

I did that once before with my ex-fiancee. We were together for 3 years. Everyday I showed her that I loved her. Found out that she was cheating on me with a married man. She got pregnant with his baby too. :D

Needless to say the relationship had to be cut off like a rotting limb and I wasn't very happy about it. It was heart wrenching and all that drama. :p

It's been a few years since then and I've moved on. Never had another relationship since then but I'm okay with that.

It's Valentine's Day! :D Hope you guys find your special someone.

The thing I hate about Valentine's Day is that it happens to be my birthday. If the world insists on celebrating the chemical imbalances that makes love... can't they do it some other time? I already feel like a freak because my emotional disorder makes it so hard for me to fall in love. So it would be great not to be reminded that I'm a freak on my birthday. My mom gave my daughter some money to take me out to eat for dinner tomorrow night. I think what we're really going to do is watch a movie or go to an arcade. I don't need to watch couples eat dinner over candlelight.

Well, I'm married and my valentine's day is crap, if that gives you single people any perspective. Now I have to go to work tomorrow and have people ask what my husband got me/what we did for valentine's day.

At least it falls on a Sunday this year so I don't have to see the girls at the office giggling over their $100 bouquets and fruit arrangements.

Badjedidude said:
Valentine's Day isn't a bad day for me. It's just another day, really....no better, no worse than any others. It COULD be better if I had a girlfriend, but since I don't...*shrug* lol just another day to waste online. :p

----Steve

Badjedidude++ for your comment :)

nerdygirl said:
The thing I hate about Valentine's Day is that it happens to be my birthday. If the world insists on celebrating the chemical imbalances that makes love... can't they do it some other time? I already feel like a freak because my emotional disorder makes it so hard for me to fall in love. So it would be great not to be reminded that I'm a freak on my birthday. My mom gave my daughter some money to take me out to eat for dinner tomorrow night. I think what we're really going to do is watch a movie or go to an arcade. I don't need to watch couples eat dinner over candlelight.

Let's ignore the V-Day crap, shall we?

Happy birthday! :) Glad to have you here with us ;]

KW

I think this has got to be the worst valentine's ever. Just because it was so awesome; too good to be true. Met a girl last week, met her some more and then she invited me to a show this saturday. Had a great time, she stayed at my place for the night and there were lots of cuddling, looking into each other's eyes. A friend came to town on valentine's (today) and we decided to meet up with him. So we had some more great time. All the time the girl and I were holding hands, etc.
Sounds great, right? But I'm depressed... I'm getting the feeling that she was just using me to avoid being lonely on valentine's, or that it was just a one-time thing. I also might've been a bit pushy trying to set up a new meeting.
Gaurgharhgr..... :( A case of the one-itis I guess.

Valentine's Day came and went, for the most part just like any other. I have to admit; I was slightly lonely...but not to the point that it ruined my day. I was just to a certain extent more aware of my loneliness on V-Day. Other than that, however, it was a fairly passable day.

I was able to chat with a friend until early in the morning, so that cheered me up quite a bit. You know who you are, evil person! ;) :D

----Steve

I was in the ******* bus. honeysuckle!!! and slept whole day cos I was tired, BULLSHIT

Latest posts

Back